Montero vs Chivu ---> Chivu
Zambrotta vs Lima ---> Zambrotta
Appiah vs Mancini ---> Mancini
Tudor vs Emerson ---> Emerson
Davids vs Dacourt ---> Davids
Nedved vs Totti ---> Totti
Del Piero vs Cassano ---> Del Piero
Trezeguet vs Montella ---> Montella
Appiah isn't better than Mancini :confused:? I doubt that! Even though I haven't seen Mancini play!

Totti better than Nedved? I strongly doubt that! Nedved is a warrior :cool::fero::D!

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Here's my player vs player analysis:

Appiah vs Mancini ---> Mancini
I beg to differ. And where the heck is Lilian Thuram!? :wth: and Camo!? Surely he'd be better than one of the Roma players!? Nyaaaagh!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Totti: We will win in Turin Saturday 20 September, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma captain Francesco Totti insists his men are going to the Delle Alpi looking for all three points.

“We are a strong side,” he told the ‘Corriere dello Sport’, “and we have every intention of beating Juventus on their home turf.”

Morale is high following two wins from their opening games and the debuts of new buys Cristian Chivu and John Carew.

“In my opinion Roma are the favourites to win the Scudetto. We have the men to take the title and I am very happy with the squad at our disposal.”

It is certainly a change from the summer, when Totti threatened to walk away from his hometown club if they failed to bring in big name reinforcements.

Having finished in eighth place last season, tension was high within the training camp, but the 5-0 win over Brescia showed what they can achieve.

“The new trident attack system is wonderful fun,” he revealed. “We really enjoy ourselves on the pitch and like entertaining the fans.”

But reigning Italian Champions Juve are certainly not Brescia and this will be a tough test of Roma’s own title credentials.

“If I could take any player away from Juventus this weekend it would be Alessandro Del Piero,” he commented of his Azzurri teammate.

The two stars combined brilliantly on the field in their few Italy outings together, but will be on opposite sides of the pitch for Sunday’s showdown.

Roma are without defenders Christian Panucci and Vincent Candela due to fitness problems, so Jonathan Zebina steps in.

Roma squad: Carew, Cassano, Chivu, D'Agostino, Dacourt, Delvecchio, De Rossi, Dellas, Emerson, Lima, Mancini, Montella, Pelizzoli, Samuel, Tommasi, Totti, Zebina, Zotti, Curci

hahahahaha ahahaha forza juve

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
“The new trident attack systemwonderful fun,” he revealed. “We really enjoy ourselves on the pitch and like entertaining the fans.”

the translation for this part is wrong

trident attack= menage a trois

pitch= stage/bed

entertaining fans....hmm ;)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Before even seeing the predicted lineup, I was half expecting Lippi to pick a negative looking team

I don't know why he does but he usually does it, telling the opposition that we fear and respect you by his selection

Whats wrong with Camo starting and the team we have used this season and whats all this nonsense about being tired

How can you possibly be tired when the season is barely 4 weeks old, I mean the more matches you play the more you gain match fitness for goodness sakes

I was actually going to bank on Capello not playing a trident attack as usally Italian managers go all negative on you when its a big game and they are away from home and Capello does favour his 4-4-2

Be that as it may if Lippi is brave enough to play his best and most attacking side then Roma would be worrying about us as any team should facing Trez, Dp , Nedved and Camo all playing well

But when you start dropping one of your attacking options at home it sends the wrong message to Roma and gives them more confidence

The game against Gala, we started well, scored early thought it would be so easy, lost concentration, minds probably on Roma match, and as gr8 champs, we recovered our concentration and then duly battered Gala from pillar to post in the final minutes and more importantly we collected 3 points, so whats the problem

I believe we are playing well unlike the crap we were serving up most of the last season but going for a defensive shape is a step in the wrong direction and reminds me of 2 seasons ago, we were going well, then played Roma. silly selection and we promptly lost 2-0 at home

Hope lightning does not strike twice

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But that line up is definitive?? Maybe lippi will go out tomorrow with our usual camo line up.

About be tired, yea i really think it could affect in some way. OK, we gain match fitness, very true. But for the likes of De piero, nedved, camo, trezeguet and buffon, this last 2 weeks have been very tough. I mean, 4 games, traveling and hard training between them. This of course will make you feel tired. It must be in that way. NOt necessarily enough to use that as an excuse if we lose but...

Anyway, we must not feel intimidated by roma,,because we have a line up that can a do a lot of damage to them, and in the same way they to us.

I Expect a balanced game, where any of both can win.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
i think juve's desire for trophies has reached something of a plateau- or at least is slowing...we arent training with the fever we had a season or 2 back. our optimism is down. our goals are shady, everything is kinda slow...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
?¿

tell me a good reason to think that!

As far i have seen a better Juve, and we had winning all out games.

Very depressive behaviour right? ;)

(this is to LAC)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveMafia 4Ever ] ++

Appiah isn't better than Mancini :confused:? I doubt that! Even though I haven't seen Mancini play!

Totti better than Nedved? I strongly doubt that! Nedved is a warrior :cool::fero::D!
I'm not talking about who is better on the whole, but who will be more effective or who is in more form.

Appiah is probably better than Mancini defensively, but he can't touch him going forward down the right flank IMO, and Totti is in much better form than Nedved is, although when Neddy is at his best he can play at Zidane's level.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Maybe at Zidane´s efficiancy level, because IMO Totti and Zidane have much more technique than Nedved, but Nedved have maybe more working rate.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by discobamba ] ++
yep that;s very true, and plus they also have more vision too..but neddy has more heart! more drive! and wears his heart on his sleeves :touched: :touched:
:touched:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Oh come on. You guys are making Roma sound like they were Real Madrid or Man Utd.

Sure Roma are strong, but to be scared of them in our home match is plain stupid. I too think it will end in a draw, but if anyone is going to win the match, then it's going to be Juventus cos they are still better.
i agree totally juve only need to play good , roma can be beaten easily remmember the game is in torino we have the advantage.:D

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I'm not sure about that.. in the last couple of seasons juve had shown this.. what is it called..."inferiority complex" against roma..(Lazio also) we just couldn't beat them.. even in our own home soil.. let's hope we break that tonight.. but, I doubt it.. with lippi over-respecting/rating roma..

I think that it will be a draw 2-2..
I hope our boys show the opposite..

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
anybody knows about the starting line-up..?

I think we should play 3-5-2.. specially against roma..

--------------------------------buffon

---------------------------legro/tudor
-----------thuram--------------------------montero

-------------------tachi----------------davids/appiah

camoranesi-----------------------------------------zambro

-----------------------------nedved

--------------------------------------------------DP
----------------di vaio/trez

with this formation we will control the midfield well.. totti want have a chance against this crowded midfield.. plus.. it eassily can be switched to the usual 4-2-3-1..

so we play 3-5-2, till totti get injured.. :D then we switch to 4-2-3-1..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Al Harbi ] ++
anybody knows about the starting line-up..?

I think we should play 3-5-2.. specially against roma..
The problem is, Tachi's injured :down:

I think we should play 3 DM's against a team like Roma, because they can hit us in attack devastatingly.

----------------Buffon

--Thuram---Legro--Montero---Zambro

-----Appiah---Tudor---Davids

----------Nedved----Del Piero

----------------Trezegol

What do you guys think? Some people might call it negative, but against Roma, surely we need some solidarity.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
The problem is, Tachi's injured :down:

I think we should play 3 DM's against a team like Roma, because they can hit us in attack devastatingly.

----------------Buffon

--Thuram---Legro--Montero---Zambro

-----Appiah---Tudor---Davids

----------Nedved----Del Piero

----------------Trezegol

What do you guys think? Some people might call it negative, but against Roma, surely we need some solidarity.
your formation is really good, but we must get advantage of three goals or two then play like that.. ;)
3 DM's are way too much..

maybe it's not that bad if tachi is out.. we could see the davids+appiah combo for 90 minutes for the first time.. :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)