SERIE A: Juventus - Lazio (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++

so now having people agree with you means youre right?!

so now you agree about tachinardi misplacing more passes then appiah?!
Point 1: I didn't say that.

Point 2: No, I said he was bad too, not worse.

I take great exception to fact that because I don't agree with you about Appiah, you say that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Square

Oct 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

Point 1: I didn't say that.

Point 2: No, I said he was bad too, not worse.

I take great exception to fact that because I don't agree with you about Appiah, you say that I don't know what I'm talking about.
yet you told me to shut up!?

you said "you can see im not the only one who thinks so" which means more people support your view; your view is the correct one...! you think the more people who agree with you then it must be right.

Sep 14, 2003

you said "you can see im not the only one who thinks so" which means more people support your view; your view is the correct one...! you think the more people who agree with you then it must be right.
Do me a favour! :howler:

Now you're just twisting my words to support your agruement.

Oh, and I'm sorry for telling you to shut up. we should be able to have disagrements without the agro. There's been too much of that around here lately.

You have your view, I have mine, shall we just leave it at that?

Feb 29, 2004
Aw cmon, stop that.
Almost everyone plays good, there is a bad passes and wrong positioning, but we won anyway.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
TREZEGUET LOVES MAMBO:D
whats all the *****ing about:( we won.
TREZEGUET LOVES MAMBO.... OLE:happy: :star: :strong: :cool:

We started the game in positive manner and Trez almost scored with a header(great technique as he leant back and got the power but just wide). Zambro was next who was my MOTM playing wide left and being comfortable and he was backed up by Pessoto :cool: he turned Stam and smashed it on goal but the keeper kept it out. What else... Legro mistake:groan: Lazio shouldve scored but Liverani shot wide, then they did score but the ref blew before no complaints from Lazio players. The linesman flagged offside on Jnr Pippo. This is when the offside rule is so unclear but no need to dwell on it cause the flag went up. Nothing amazing from the boys but a huge step up in team play, more flowing passing , movement and the our high-line holding defence did well eventhough it looked like a zig zag at times. It was heading for 0-0 but who scores Trez my brother;) Testing times is he giong or not well I'll be heartbroken:sob: if he does ive had his back from the start and he always gets the bulk of the blame when he does nothing wrong. Its down to the players to support him as much as they can and get high balls into the box and our players did much more of that than the last 5-6 games put together. We did need another striker on I feel because whenever a ball did come in from wide Trez was the only target. The presenter said this is Juves first win since 97 vs Lazio in Turin:D ez take care and DP has to be fit for Parma.

(copied my bias:D comments from xtra'forum:cool:)

Lazio- well fiore the danger man was quiet so that means we did a good job and pressed the ball everytime a Lazio forward was about to or had already got the ball. Nice work. Shit marking on our goal but the greatest scores, TREZEGUET LOVES MAMBO, EH TOTTI(the bit when totti has the ball) OLE, im out

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i just got back from church and had forgot a bit about this match!

and when i saw the results(in an other site though) i was soooooooooo happy!!

great..now we can make all the other matches ;)

this match was the one that i was afraid the most

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
David Trezeguet rose to nod in the winner for Juventus with just two minutes to spare for their first home win over Lazio since 1997.

The Bianconeri had not beaten Lazio here in six years and were already defeated twice this season with a 2-0 scoreline, including the first leg of the Coppa Italia Final.

Marcello Lippi has never beaten Roberto Mancini in a League match and was forced to make changes with Paolo Montero suspended, Enzo Maresca, Alessandro Del Piero and Ciro Ferrara injured. He therefore fielded David Trezeguet as the lone striker upfront supported by Mauro Camoranesi, Gianluca Zambrotta and ex-Lazio star Pavel Nedved.

Lazio are still on track for fourth place and came to Turin looking to continue their fine record against the giants. Cesar was the third prong in a trident attack alongside Bernardo Corradi and Simone Inzaghi.

Juve had an aggressive start and within the opening minute Trezeguet nodded wide from eight yards, then a deflected Nedved free kick looped over the bar.

Lazio thought they had broken the deadlock on 17 minutes when Cesar's volley slammed into the roof of the net, but it was disallowed for offside. However, the Brazilian came from the back and only Simone Inzaghi was standing in an illegal position.

Zambrotta was playing in a more advanced position and his fierce rising drive was fingertipped over the bar after he had skipped past Jaap Stam.

Gianluigi Buffon did well to hold a Sinisa Mihajlovic free kick, while Alessio Tacchinardi and Camoranesi fired long-range efforts over the bar.

Lazio really should have taken the lead on the half-hour mark following another defensive howler from the Bianconeri. Nicola Legrottaglie's missed header let Stefano Fiore in and his cross was palmed out by Buffon into the path of Fabio Liverani, but the midfielder incredibly fired wide of the target.

Juve hit back when Nedved's curling cross was turned wide by Trezeguet under pressure from Mihajlovic, but Buffon was at full stretch to turn Cesar's dangerous cross past Stefano Fiore.

Just before the break Trezeguet released Camoranesi on the right flank and his angled drive whistled inches wide of the far post.

Roberto Mancini made a change at half-time, introducing the more attacking fullback Massimo Oddo for Jaap Stam.

The first scoring opportunity of the second half fell to Juventus, as a corner wasn't cleared effectively and Mark Iuliano drilled an angled effort wide.

Soon after Mihajlovic nearly scored directly from the corner flag, but Stephen Appiah was ready to clear at the near post.

Trezeguet's looping header was easily controlled by Matteo Sereni, then the Frenchman didn't quite reach a dangerous Zambrotta cross that only needed to be tapped into the net.

The two players changed places on 64 minutes when Zambrotta's powerful finish was over the bar.

Lazio made another substitution with striker Roberto Muzzi taking over from Simone Inzaghi in that trident attack. With his first touch the former Udinese star charged into the box and it took a crucial Legrottaglie challenge to prevent him scoring.

Juve's injury crisis deepend with Iuliano limping off, while Mihajlovic was able to carry on despite a muscular problem.

The Bianconeri needed a spark and threw on Fabrizio Miccoli for the final 13 minutes, moving Zambrotta back to his habitual left-back role.

Within two minutes of stepping on to the field Miccoli curled a free kick from a very tight angle that was fingertipped on to the crossbar by Matteo Sereni.

Lazio had timid penalty appeals for a handling offence by Zambrotta on Cesar's sweeping cross.

The deadlock was eventually broken with two minutes to spare as a Camoranesi cross was whipped in for the head of David Trezeguet. The Frenchman was allowed a free header into the far corner.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
IMO Tezeguet was by far the best player 2night and im not just saying this becuase of his goal, His work rate was exellent.
Roma and Milan were so jammy today.

Whens Del Piero coming back i tought i wudda seen him on the bench tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)