[SERIE A] Juventus - Catania (24th September, 2008) (15 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Its really a shame to drop two points we should have grabbed but I think the team played an excellent match. I want to see Gio, De ceglie, and Marchisio starting together again because I think they all played good. Gio is fast as hell and his turning is fantastic. I have so far been surprised about Marchisio as his passing has been average but his tackling has been great. De Ceglie is a huge improvement over Molinaro and despite his lapses in concentration his offensive game is great. Marchionni had a below average game but usually when we don't have Camo he fills in adequately. Del Piero played a great game as he constantly showed his skills and surprising pace, his free kicks were poor though. Amauri scored again and was his usual hardworking self. I was not all that amazed by Poulsen who I feel had an average game and didn't play like his usual impressive self. Chiellini had an alright evening other than his error and I don't think this is justification to get all over his case. I mean seriously, the guy is our best defender and he turns out fantastic performances week after week and when he makes one error people start labeling him a flop. Give Chiellini a break for once he is a great defender and we are extremely lucky succo didn't sell him to looserpool. I thought the team played a great game and I'm an optimist so I'm not at all worried.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
delpiero06: I dont think anyone really means that Chiellini is a flop, I think (I hope) they are joking about it like they do w/ Molinaro who really is a flop. Anyone with a good sense knows Chiellini is no flop. Even Ranieri said the pitch was poor today and that it looked like ball took an awkward bounce as Chiellini went to clear...i guess there is "sand" on the pitch? read Ranieri's post match comments on channel4. anyways it looked like it was marchionnis poor performance that lead to the goal....

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Even if the pitch hadn't sand, this is the first grande mistake I remember from Giorgio in the last 3 seasons.THe guy is a rock
agreed. you cant blame the loss on him as we had loads of chances to score after catania's equalizer. we lost as a team today

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Despite playing well, four matches in the season and I am already tired of us blowing points we should have won.

I mean, we haven't even started into any refereeing controversies yet. Then what?

It's going to be one long mo-fo season...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Some of the play from Del Piero and Giovinco was delightful but goals win matches and it just wouldn't go in for us in the second half. Definitely two points dropped but I'm not distressed by the result. Actually, it might end up being a blessing. We won our last three games 1-0 and today we got way too comfortable at that same scoreline. Mistakes are only bad if you don't learn from them.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006

dudes this is so offtopic but you have to see this video!!! Look at tiago crying from 0:39 seconds from the clip to 0:45 seconds from the clip!!! Man i felt so sory for him after i watched this video!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Your posts from tonight make me respect your opinion even more :tup:

You're one of those who criticize the team A LOT, but tonight you were surprisingly calm and realistic which actually means that in the past you didn't criticize just for the sake of it or just to stick to an opinion that was valid in certain cases, but wasn't always valid. (ok, sometimes you do that :p )
Thanks for the words, Alen. When I criticize the team, it's not because I hate Ranieri, or because I want to win an argument, et cetera. It's because I want the team to be back where it was during the days Marcelo was in charge. But unfortunately we have quite a ways to go to reach that level, so self-criticism and having foresight are two keys to becoming great again. This way we fix the problems or guard against them in the future.

Unlike some others here who pop up only during the transfer market when we won't buy a player they like and after the matches that we didn't win.
Some posts here make me sick and i really think that those guys only saw the result on livescore and didn't watch the match at all.

I'll start banning them, starting from the next time they show up which will be the same time with the next time we won't win.
That's nice.

Maybe some have a different view of the game, I for instance, is that a reason to ban them?

Or are we all to be drones now, follow a mantra: DP is the best freekick taker in the world.
Amuri is world class. We played well but were unlucky.
It really depends on who they are. If you're talking about the Grande Le Zebra guy, someone who is basically trolling, I suppose I can see where Alen is coming from. However, if you're talking about people who bash the board and Ranieri periodically, I don't think it's fair to ban them. We have to be careful here.

Some people just see the game differently. While some believe supporting the club means not placing a negative word on her, others believe criticism is what leads to improvement. Hence why we have this little forum here.

Just to note: The optimists' campaign against those who ferociously criticize has worked pretty well actually, from what I can see. The "we're doomed" jokes has actually spurred on some people to show their more optimistic side. Not me, though. No sir. Definitely not me. :D

Do you think Juve is a mediocre team? do you think Poulsen, Sissoko and Marchisio are below average? He is referencing comments that come waaaayyyyy out of left field that have no facts to back up or support...in other words, nonsense.
Come on, don't be ridiculous. Bianconero has a point. Just because we are fans doesn't mean we can't be objective about certain aspects of the team.

The guy said absolutely nothing about any of the players you mentioned.

As things stand we are a good Serie A team: no more. And that pains me to say the least.
I would claim we are pretty good but we have a lot of kinks to work out.

One of those kinks is the killer instinct to finish off matches and stop losing out on points, something we had trouble with last season. Unfortunately there are no signs we have fixed that problem yet...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Let it be, Andy. Some people are just morons and refuse to see what is right in front of them.
Now this is true...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwRKwObXEOs

dudes this is so offtopic but you have to see this video!!! Look at tiago crying from 0:39 seconds from the clip to 0:45 seconds from the clip!!! Man i felt so sory for him after i watched this video!!!
Nothing like a dumbass post such as this to spur on some Tiago jokes.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
i think we'll see a duller game vs sampdoria... i don't care if its dull though... right now i'll take all three points even if we have only one shot on goal...

Sep 1, 2002
At the dawn of the day most of us are Juventus (forza) supporters and want them to win in style.

Let's look forward and start to prepare for the next game: I for one expect us to win.

I would like to see Sisco and the kid at the heart of the team.

Oh, and Iq up front.

And someone other than just DP taking freekicks.

Football, don't you just love it.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Despite playing well, four matches in the season and I am already tired of us blowing points we should have won.

I mean, we haven't even started into any refereeing controversies yet. Then what?

It's going to be one long mo-fo season...
IKNOWDATSRIGHT!

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Bad result, from the match report that I read at Channel4, it seems we missed a lot of chances, like someone already said, it is in matches like these that we need Trez although the other players should be able to cover for his loss in matches like these.
It won't be easy next weekend against Sampdoria, but we will need to win there since no mather which outcome the Milan vs Inter match has, we will always have done a good case if we win.
Our defence will have to make sure not to make mistakes again, Samp's players will surely take use of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)