[SERIE A] Juventus - Catania (24th September, 2008) (2 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Is it just me, or was the last 10 min of the game the best moments for Tiago with us. For the first time I saw a slightly determined player who was involved in alot of plays.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
damn..i was at work yesterday..i just seen the highlights...i'm verry impressed with marchionni who was involved in the game ..creeated a lot...the same with giovinco...we played with the opportunities but the good part is that we had a lot of chances, this offensive will turn out to be the best in italy :) forza juve, heads up

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Juventino[RUS];1753365 said:
Tiago > Poulsen!!!!!!!!!

They are different type of playes Tiago is a better passer and more creative, but Poulsen is more tenacious and a better tackler. While Poulsen did not have the best of games i lost track of the number of times that he got back quickly to stop catania attacks before they became dangerous. He is a lot quicker than i thought he was.

Marchisio did some good things, like a great tackle or a great piece of control or skill to get away from an opponent but instead of taking the option of the simple pass to a better placed team mate, he always tries the most difficult pass and staright away squanders possession.

So i will add

Poulsen > Marchisio

Also while Juve played well last night and created a lot of chances they took their foot off the gas at 1-0 and allowed Catania stay in the game instead of pushing for the victory.

I feel this result could be a blessing in disguise and that the lessons learned from this game will kick start our season.

Although Sampdoria dont have much points on the board from what i have seen of them this season they are playing well and are unlucky not to be higher up the table. An away trip to the Marasai is always tricky but iam in very confident mood.

It would be different if Juve only created 1 or 2 chances per game thus only scoring on average 1 goal per game but the facts are we are creating loads of chances but not converting them and when we go ahead easing up and trying to win by putting in as little effort as possible. Soon we are going to give some team a good beating. So Samp and BATE beware!

If we can realise this so can the players and so can Ranieri i think we will see a great Juventus performace on saturday evening that truly shows inter and the rest of Serie the Juve will be in the scudetto race come may.

I predict an impressive 0-2 or greater victory. I know a lot you will think my optimisim is over the top but i seen enough in this performace that with Zanetti, Sissoko,Buffon and Camo soon to return that this side can deliver great performances and results this season and hopefully some trophies.

Mar 9, 2006
They are different type of playes Tiago is a better passer and more creative, but Poulsen is more tenacious and a better tackler. While Poulsen did not have the best of games i lost track of the number of times that he got back quickly to stop catania attacks before they became dangerous. He is a lot quicker than i thought he was.

Marchisio did some good things, like a great tackle or a great piece of control or skill to get away from an opponent but instead of taking the option of the simple pass to a better placed team mate, he always tries the most difficult pass and staright away squanders possession.

So i will add

Poulsen > Marchisio

Also while Juve played well last night and created a lot of chances they took their foot off the gas at 1-0 and allowed Catania stay in the game instead of pushing for the victory.

I feel this result could be a blessing in disguise and that the lessons learned from this game will kick start our season.

Although Sampdoria dont have much points on the board from what i have seen of them this season they are playing well and are unlucky not to be higher up the table. An away trip to the Marasai is always tricky but iam in very confident mood.

It would be different if Juve only created 1 or 2 chances per game thus only scoring on average 1 goal per game but the facts are we are creating loads of chances but not converting them and when we go ahead easing up and trying to win by putting in as little effort as possible. Soon we are going to give some team a good beating. So Samp and BATE beware!

If we can realise this so can the players and so can Ranieri i think we will see a great Juventus performace on saturday evening that truly shows inter and the rest of Serie the Juve will be in the scudetto race come may.

I predict an impressive 0-2 or greater victory. I know a lot you will think my optimisim is over the top but i seen enough in this performace that with Zanetti, Sissoko,Buffon and Camo soon to return that this side can deliver great performances and results this season and hopefully some trophies.
:hug: Let's do it ))) i think, we can bash easy Sampodira, but with Giovinco - Tiago(Poulsen) - Sissoko - Camoranesi in midfield, btw Nedved can play in central midfielder position i think...:juvefan2:

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007

So i will add

Poulsen > Marchisio

Good post

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
It's true Marchisio had alot of bad passes but the thing I liked with him and Gio is that they keep ball to the ground, making our game flow much quicker. Poulsen tends to shoot a high ball to the flanks and even if it gets there, our opposition are defending with 10 behind the ball. Also in the final 10 minutes or so Marchisio showed that he really can pass the ball and open up play.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Juventino[RUS];1753365 said:
Tiago > Poulsen!!!!!!!!!
I did not say that.

Tiago has been with us for almost a year an half now. Last night was the first time I see potential in him.

What out problem up front was familiarity and understanding between the three. Del Piero, Amauri and Giovinco are not playing together enough to know each other. If they were we would have hammered Catania badly.

Unlike Del Piero and Trezeguet who know where to stand for each other thats why they are the most porfelitic choice we have. If we can develop the trio of Amuari, Giovinco and Alex we will have an extremely creative team that will score alot. I demand to see more of those three together in the near future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)