[SERIE A] Juventus - Catania (24th September, 2008) (4 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I agree but the 2 games we won plus the CL we won with only 1 goal. This year we are not scoring. If we concede a goal we are finished. We=ith this team we will finish in Serie B this time on our merits and I am sure we will not qualify from the CL group. We are not competitive, we are a mediocre team. Ranieri and the management should be fired for the players we bought and Ranieri is not good.
:lol: What an idiot.

Again same shit from Ranieri.Next time will be better.Every time,next game.Fuck.We played,bad,bad.We can not blame luckbut our game and this so called tactician
Are you being stupid on purpose or what?

I hope you are right but I am not seeing much hope of improving. We have 4 fantastic attackers but we scored only 4 goals in 4 games which is very little to be competitive. Many players you mentioned were there last year so they know each other and Ranieri's tactics. The problem is we are not creating open chances and the attackers are not precise in the finishing. Last year we had the best attack, this year? All our rivals already scored much more than we did. Besides our defence is very shaky, we gave away 4 ponts against Fior and today and almost another 2 against Udinese. So this is the trend we will continue for the whole season. We are a mediocre team and we have to admit it. we have many players who are not good, like Poulsen, Sissoko, Molinaro, Legrotalie, Mellberg, Knezevic, Marchionni, Brazzo, Marchisio, Tiago. We are reaping the fruits of the summer campaign. We are much less competititve than last year.
Seriously man, you escaped from the nuthouse?

wow i dont know if i should be surprised or offended. How can you say we are weaker than last year when we have only played a few games? Not to mention a few injuries with lets say Buffon, Trez, Chiellini, Zanetti... I cant believe you think we are a mediocre team just because we tied today against a very lucky Catania. Did you see all the chances we had many of which were created by Gio? DP was not on his usual free kick game today, i guess he is mediocre too? And you really think Poulsen, Sissoko and Marchisio are not good?
I think that might be the dumbest member on the Forum. He should be banned.

That guy is either an idiot or he's 3 years old. Nothing he writes makes any sense.
Don't reply to his posts anymore, Hustini. It's a waste of time.
Word. Ban him. :seven:

Well as my user title says...I am optimistic because we haven't seen Juve on fire yet when everything goes our way and when it does it is going to be very difficult for teams to beat us, it already is. And when our squad is full strength and fit, we are anything but average. We could have very easily won today 3-1. I also forgot to mention Camo cuz he is out...wait till you see how exciting our football will be when he and Gio are rampaging up and down opponents defense with our strikeforce...we are only a few games in the season mate.
Agreed.

He's not a flop but is tired..
After recover from injury, he always playing (against Udinese, Zenit, Cagliari, and Catania)
I don't understand why CR rested Mellberg on this match.. I thought yesterday it will be Chiellini who will get the chance to rest
Because we can't rest Chiellini against Sampdoria (away)...
It's more logical to rest him against Catania in home match

CR also don' have guts to throw more strikers like IQ replacing defender...
Mourinho throwing 5 strikers against Lecce and get the result when Cruz scored
Come on CR
I share your sentiments. Iaquinta might have been useful for scoring the needed goal (he saved us a lot last season with late goals). Mellberg should have partnered Legrottaglie in center of the defense since our defense didn't have that much to do yesterday anyway. Maybe Mellberg wouldn't have made the mistake but I won't go into that. I also heard that the ball bounced off badly, that is maybe another reason why Chiellini missed it.

This draw result makes me a bit stress today...
Hope we will win against Samp

We can't lost point against small teams..
Hope this is the last we drop points

I think Serie A is more competitive this year...
Lazio looks great, Napoli also...Genoa strong in home (beat Roma and Milan)
and small teams like Catania, Lecce, Reggina is not losing easily
Indeed. It will be very tough winning against Sampdoria away though. Very hard game on their stadium. They troubled Inter a lot and they will trouble us. Last season we didn't beat Catania and that trend continued. Well, last season we also didn't beat Sampdoria. I hope history won't repeat itself.

delpiero06: I dont think anyone really means that Chiellini is a flop, I think (I hope) they are joking about it like they do w/ Molinaro who really is a flop. Anyone with a good sense knows Chiellini is no flop. Even Ranieri said the pitch was poor today and that it looked like ball took an awkward bounce as Chiellini went to clear...i guess there is "sand" on the pitch? read Ranieri's post match comments on channel4. anyways it looked like it was marchionnis poor performance that lead to the goal....
What? Chiellini is a flop and anyone who doesn't think that way is wrong.

i think we'll see a duller game vs sampdoria... i don't care if its dull though... right now i'll take all three points even if we have only one shot on goal...
Exactly.

Saw the Highlight , we had like more than 20 chances , bad luck our players couldnt convert the chance .

Great Display from Giovinco :heart: Cant doubt Amauri anymore .
have some mixed feeling when Capitano header hit the post and following Amauri header also hit the post :confused:
Fack Zenga for brought Plasmati in , and stole our home point .

today's lesson , dont waste your opportunity or enemy will shoot you down .
we need to be more efficient and i see we are stronger then Merda .

chill out:juvefan2:
You're such a funny guy, Albert. :D

Yeah, good thing we didn't have Trezeguet in there! :agree:
:lol: :tup:

Juventino[RUS];1753316 said:
Yes, but now we have very very hard calendar - next game 28/9/08 vs. Sampdoria away,then 30/9/08 vs. BATE away, 5/10/08 then vs. Palermo home, then 2 week's rest and national teams playin' i bet'cha, and then again super hard games - 19/10/08 vs. Napoli away,then 21/10/08 vs. Real Madrid home, then 26/10/08 vs. Torino - i really hope for +3 points in this all games!!!
There's no way we can get the 3 points in every of these games.

Funny. We miss Trez already.
We miss Trez on form, to be more precise.

damn..i was at work yesterday..i just seen the highlights...i'm verry impressed with marchionni who was involved in the game ..creeated a lot...the same with giovinco...we played with the opportunities but the good part is that we had a lot of chances, this offensive will turn out to be the best in italy :) forza juve, heads up
Marchionni?! Weird. He was not good.

It's true Marchisio had alot of bad passes but the thing I liked with him and Gio is that they keep ball to the ground, making our game flow much quicker. Poulsen tends to shoot a high ball to the flanks and even if it gets there, our opposition are defending with 10 behind the ball. Also in the final 10 minutes or so Marchisio showed that he really can pass the ball and open up play.
Marchisio was substituted in the final 10 minutes. Tiago replaced him.

If we can develop the trio of Amuari, Giovinco and Alex we will have an extremely creative team that will score alot. I demand to see more of those three together in the near future.
Demand from whom?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The biggest mistake that the team made was taking the foot off of the gas when we were 1-0 up, we should of went on and destroyed them but we sat back and let them back in the game. I have no problem with holding on for a 1-0 victory over larger teams but we should not be afraid to keep attacking against the so called smaller teams. Overall ive been left frustrated we didnt win but im excited by the potential that this team has and look forward to a better future with Juve.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
seeing Marchisio, De Ceglie and Giovinco all starting for Juve...wow, just made my day...we got the future right here fellas, and it is looking very bright indeed

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i still don't understand why everyone is so giddy after what i consider a loss like yeterdays.

catania is a serie b caliber team!! we should have spanked them and their mother yet they got the best of us.

and in terms of our young stars shining, they obviously didn't do that well seeing the result. our veterans were jsut as useless and i'm afraid that our season isn't going to be very productive if we keep this up.

all of you can proclaim how well our team played and how we should have won but the bottom line is that we didn't win. and we obviously didn't play well enough to win against a side that didn't deserve much respect.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I suspect most ppl are not pleased with the result, but after the horror show vs. Cagliari, this performance was a million times better, plus the Giovinco goodwill is making ppl a little happier :)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
perhaps

i just don't like when ppl try to pull positives from something obviously negative to cheer themselves up and make themselves feel better about something

this was an easy 3pts and just like last season we blew it. we can praise gio and PDC all we want but at the end of the season when it counts those pts won't be in our total and then we'll see what positives to pull from this.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
even last season Catania put up a hell of a fight...If I remember correctly, we were trailling 1-0 in both fixtures last year, with Ale scoring the equaliser both times...

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
What exactly is your point, "android"? Noone here is happy about the loss of points and if you look closer everyone's mighty frustrated about the team's inability to finnish off games. There were positives last night, something to build on and that is worthy of mentioning inbetween the hard criticism.

Sorry but this comment makes you lose a bit of credability:

"And in terms of our young stars shining, they obviously didn't do that well seeing the result. "

What does this even mean? Is it ok to watch games on livescore.com and then pass judgement on how the team faired? Now get off your high horse and quit this "realist" bullshit role you've taken lately. There are other notoriously bitter and cranky old farts on this forum that do it better.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
What exactly is your point, "android"? Noone here is happy about the loss of points and if you look closer everyone's mighty frustrated about the team's inability to finnish off games. There were positives last night, something to build on and that is worthy of mentioning inbetween the hard criticism.

Sorry but this comment makes you lose a bit of credability:

"And in terms of our young stars shining, they obviously didn't do that well seeing the result. "

What does this even mean? Is it ok to watch games on livescore.com and then pass judgement on how the team faired? Now get off your high horse and quit this "realist" bullshit role you've taken lately. There are other notoriously bitter and cranky old farts on this forum that do it better.
sure thing buddy

and you keep trying to pull as much positives out of yesterdays match as possible. apparently thats what makes you feel better.

i'm criticizing the team as a whole, something i think i have the right to do. unless ppl are not allowed to do that any more

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
sure thing buddy

and you keep trying to pull as much positives out of yesterdays match as possible. apparently thats what makes you feel better.

i'm criticizing the team as a whole, something i think i have the right to do. unless ppl are not allowed to do that any more
what he is trying to say is that therewere alsopositivives. We all know why we lost points yesterday, and that was because we didnt reacted well when we should. The relaxed after the 1st goal and that was a big mistake... but well those are things the team needs to work on.

Aboutthe youngsters and their participation, i dont understand why you are not pleased with it. I mean, gio and co played very well , specially him, showed some footwork that maybe only one player of our team is capable to do and that is del piero. So i dont understand why we shouldnt be happy abou it.

As a forumer named cruello said, we have seen thiskind of hype before with so many names from our youth systems... but even the juve borad is very interested in Gio now, to the point that they are thinking about renewal and extentions, when that wasnt thecase before.

My point is, we all know what were the negatives of the game, but we dont need to torture ourselves with them when we can take the better from that game and work on it to improve.
In the last games i would have accepted your critics because in fact, we played very very ugly but yesterday that wasnt the case.
Being overly pessimistic doesnt makes you more reliable or accurate.

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
I think its important to take away a negative and a positive from each game and no more. Even when we win 4-0 there is something to imrpove, and even when we lose 0-4 somebody did something right (there are 11 players on the field).

The trick is to not get complacent ever and keep working hard. We will lose matches, but can't lose confidence

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
thats not true, it could be the case that a winger produced shit load of opportunities to score but the forwards wasted them all. Or that the keeper saved who knows how many chances but was not enough to not let in those 4 goals because the defence was non existent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)