[Serie A] Juventus - Brescia (20/03/2011) (1 Viewer)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We're not going to get the 4th spot so every win right now increases the chances of the incompetent Del Neri leading and destroying our team next season.
Nah, he's gone at the end of the season because our place in the standings will require that. 6th will be the maximum we can get and I personally doubt we'll get higher than 7th.

I have to give it to Del Piero for his behavior today. I, and I believe most of the fans, were saying "bah, whatever" when we scored the goals. Even Krasic's reaction was "I scored a goal and I don't give a damn", but Del Piero was actually happy and celebrating the goals as if they're of great importance. If we had more of that maybe (although I doubt it) we would have challenged the 4th place.
I understand the players for being so indifferent because I feel the same way too, but one has to respect that someone is still being positive and enthusiastic after the disastrous two seasons.

As for the match, I didn't see improvement in our game, but it was hard to expect improvement anyway. There was just one motivated player in Juve, very bad defending in Brescia and not enough power for them up front. They're rightfully second last and we're rightfully 7th. Still, it's very good that we won. There is no pressure on our players anymore so a win can at least trigger some reaction and our players, as limited as most of them are, could finally start enjoying the game a little and finish the season with something positive i.e positive performances.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Are you kidding me? I've seen many matches this season where we were needlessly giving the ball away during the final minutes and attracting pressure on ourselves. We HARDLY keep possession and see out a win in the final stages, and frankly, it was surprising to see us play sensibly towards the end. It's good to see us do this, but I believe it's too late. We should've been doing this since day 1.
I hate that type of play - and i hate it even more when it is done with 10 minutes still to play. If you want to time waste then play keep ball, pass the ball around the backline and midfield, don't stay at the corner flag with your back to goal having no intention of playing football.

Having said that I can see your point - we have thrown away a crazy amount of points by being idiots in the last minutes. Needlessly giving the ball away, overcommitting bodies forward and being caught on the break etc.

vevenom

Feb 2, 2011
I can't believe.... Juve actually scored after conceding.... That's not what you see often these days. Juve actually made a few great opportunities which is strange for the new Juve and that's why I liked this game

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I can't believe.... Juve actually scored after conceding.... That's not what you see often these days. Juve actually made a few great opportunities which is strange for the new Juve and that's why I liked this game
I'm glad we won, but it was Alex's commitment to getting Juve back into the lead that got us that goal. Apart from Giorgio, the others were not responding. (And a defender trying to score can be dangerous, if he forgets which end he's at; - this time he 'defended' the wrong goal. What if he attacks his own? Another Materazzi?

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
If Del Piero can continue to carry us like he did today, we might be able to hold on to Europa League qualification!

Seriously, any1 who stills believes we have a chance at 4th spot is delusional. Were simply not good enough. It really speaks to DN's ability as a coach when our defense is just as disorganized and disoriented as it was in September. What do they practice in training?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Anyways, I just want us to make sure we qualify for the Europa League. People can say what they want about that competition,but I want us to play European games in our brand new stadium. Also we get some $$ from it (as minimal as it is) so it shouldnt be neglected.

Hopefully with an actual PROPER coach we'd take the competition seriously and try our best in it.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Anyone who thinks we played well is under complete illusions

If we were relegation battlers then, yes, today's performance would be considered playing well.

Otherwise we can't even string a few passes together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)