[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-2 Atalanta [July 11th, 2020] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #267
    Gasperini: "Penalties? This is the rule, there is a 100% penalty but this rule makes no sense and it only exists in Italy. But nothing to say, this time it's against us, sometimes it is in our favor. Finally, this is the regulations."
    Why can't all Italian coaches be this humble. If it was any other coach it would be a scandal.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    I usually love these kind of points especially if it's against a Juve hating club, but feels a bit dirty this time even though the penalties were legit. Important point nonetheless, hopefully the 38th is in the bag now.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    I've been missing the feeling of enjoyment when watching Juventus for a pretty long time now. Last seasons with Allegri and now Sarri have been so difficult to watch. And I am not even needy, just be average all the time and I am okay with that. Is it too much to ask?
    I completely agree. Each season seems less joyful. The last 2 seasons under Allegri plus this one have, personally, turned me away from watching games, as it was much more about stress than anything else. Basically, our play was getting uglier by the season. I continued to follow everything else though.

This trend needs to change ASAP. I would never follow Juventus games as a neutral observer.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
    I completely agree. Each season seems less joyful. The last 2 seasons under Allegri plus this one have, personally, turned me away from watching games, as it was much more about stress than anything else. Basically, our play was getting uglier by the season. I continued to follow everything else though.

This trend needs to change ASAP. I would never follow Juventus games as a neutral observer.
    what's the problem? the players or the managers?
    I don't even know anymore

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

I agree with you about last season and this season... but not 17-18 at all. We had some poor games that year, for sure, but majority were pretty dominant. Domestic double, 95 points, scored 86 goals in Serie A, most in the modern era for this club, +62 goal differential. Smashed Milan 4-0 in Coppa final. And smashed Madrid at the Bernabeu, almost completing the comeback in CL QFs before going out on a last second 50/50 sorta penalty. That was a great season and very entertaining imo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I think we're expecting too much from this season. Some kind of finished article hope is almost laughable tbh. Atalanta are a finished article, that is the best you will see from that team. We're on page one.

As long as we didn't lose tonight it was s good result.

So Atalanta look great on a smaller budget to us, so fucking what. They are doing a great job for a small club but it's also years in the making.

We'll see what their longevity is a few years down the line. That's what Juve as a club is about. We'll be there. You can put question marks against everyone else.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Gasperini: "Penalties? This is the rule, there is a 100% penalty but this rule makes no sense and it only exists in Italy. But nothing to say, this time it's against us, sometimes it is in our favor. Finally, this is the regulations."
    Respect. Classy individual. I don’t know if he would suit our club and its aspirations, but I do know I’d vastly prefer him on our bench over the classless chain smoker.

Apr 17, 2013
    I think we're expecting too much from this season. Some kind of finished article hope is almost laughable tbh. Atalanta are a finished article, that is the best you will see from that team. We're on page one.

As long as we didn't lose tonight it was s good result.

So Atalanta look great on a smaller budget to us, so fucking what. They are doing a great job for a small club but it's also years in the making.

We'll see what their longevity is a few years down the line. That's what Juve as a club is about. We'll be there. You can put question marks against everyone else.
    You don't buy ronaldo 100 million with his huge salary to be page 1, but to help us to win the champions league . The Portuguese cycle isn't going to go on for next 10 years, and it's been already 2 years of wasted.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    and thats the biggest reason why lazio should NOT be in CL next season. they just can;t play every 3 days. no depth

what will happen is that they will embarass themselves in CL and exit out to europa leagua or finish 4th and group stages, and italy will lose coefficients.

its better they don't qualify.
    But but but inzaghi is Juve coach material...

- - - Updated - - -

generally he has the potential

he added fuck tonight
    Costa got into a row with a Juve fan on twitter about failing to pull of a skill being 2-1 down.

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
    Imaging our current coach be able to say something like that.... well only if the other side was Napoli

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    We sucked, we deserved to lose, we can't raise our performance beyond a certain point and that's far under our capabilities.
    Atalanta played with heart and here comes the irony. After being constantly the victims of the hand invented VAR penalties, this time we were handed 2 penalties in the same match, from it.
    It's absurd, i still believe that it is not random and only happened because they went too far last time.
    Despite their heart, Atalanta doesn't have the ref pull to be favored by the refs and now they have become a threat to all but us, getting us to draw is the next best thing after losing it both...

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
    You don't buy ronaldo 100 million with his huge salary to be page 1, but to help us to win the champions league . The Portuguese cycle isn't going to go on for next 10 years, and it's been already 2 years of wasted.
    That part has been explained too. Just because you buy Ronaldo or Messi doesn't guarantee a success in the CL. You can see that with us or Barcelona who are struggling for years.
    On the other hand you have PSG and City who have spent a billion dollars on transfers and didn't even make it to the semis.
    Simply put, there's no defined way to win the CL. If money could fix it there are clubs in Europe ready to pay any price.
    Assuming we won't win the CL with Ronaldo in our ranks would you say it was a mistake to get him? Because I would not. I enjoy every game with him wearing our shirt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)