[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Lazio (11th-Apr-2012) (5 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• DEL PIERO!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That felt like a game I've watched several times this season:

Juve dominate the first half, make heaps of chances, but aren't ahead at halftime. It's then tough to play at the same level and intensity in the second half and the game has tended to peter out and finish in a draw.

If Juve can add a clinical edge this summer, they are going to start to stroll games like that the way they should, given their dominance.

Still, good thing Del Piero can still turn it on now and then. Sending the keeper the wrong way from 25 yards ain't bad.

Poor goal to concede. Vucinic wasn't paying attention, so there was heaps of time to pick a cross. The CBs were then on their heels when they ought to have been looking to step forward and attack the ball. Great header, though.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
It is very obvious looking at the fact that our top scorer is not even in the top 10 of scorers in the Serie A.
I was thinking about the same thing the other day, obviously it's a real annoyance that our forwards are so nonclinical in front of goal, but it speaks volumes for the club considering that the goals come from players in many various positions on the pitch (Caceres scoring twice in one game comes to mind as a great example). It shows that it is a team effort to score a goal and not all about the one prolific goal scorer, Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Di Natale and the likes.

Saying that, we do desperately need a striker of the caliber of one of the above players, we would be destroying teams and easily be a few extra points ahead of Milan at this stage.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
I was thinking about the same thing the other day, obviously it's a real annoyance that our forwards are so nonclinical in front of goal, but it speaks volumes for the club considering that the goals come from players in many various positions on the pitch (Caceres scoring twice in one game comes to mind as a great example). It shows that it is a team effort to score a goal and not all about the one prolific goal scorer, Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Di Natale and the likes.

Saying that, we do desperately need a striker of the caliber of one of the above players, we would be destroying teams and easily be a few extra points ahead of Milan at this stage.
If you consider that, it can also be seen as a plus point, because it shows we are a real team and work for each other. Not like the strikers you just mentioned being too important for a team.

It would just be so much a relieve to have a striker with a nose for the goal among us. Back in the days Trezeguet would also not make all our goals, but it would have saved us a lot of draws if we would have a striker like that.

What questions me though, last season Quag scored some important goals in the beginning of the season. Matri did the same at the second half of the season. Still (although Matri is still our club top scorer) it seems that their influence is becoming less and less. Why so?
It cannot just be the formation or anything can it?

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011

If we had bought aguero we would be celebrating the 30th scudetto right now

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas

Forget about Aguero, that dream was nice as long as it lasted. We will also not get Neymar, so if he goes somewhere and scores a lot of goals there is also no need to mention him. It's as simple as that.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Wasn't it around 80% with Palermo?
How much was it in the first half of the first match with fiorentina ? Those were the best 45 minutes of the season

---------- Post added 12.04.2012 at 01:58 ----------

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas

Forget about Aguero, that dream was nice as long as it lasted. We will also not get Neymar, so if he goes somewhere and scores a lot of goals there is also no need to mention him. It's as simple as that.
I know the "if" game pretty well , the idea is that if we had one that scores regularly we would already be champions by now

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Our ball possession stats are insane.

Has there been any game this season where we DIDNT have the majority of possession?

---------- Post added 11.04.2012 at 20:09 ----------

Yes. ^

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
How much was it in the first half of the first match with fiorentina ? Those were the best 45 minutes of the season

---------- Post added 12.04.2012 at 01:58 ----------

I know the "if" game pretty well , the idea is that if we had one that scores regularly we would already be champions by now
Who is to say that Aguero would have performed here as well as he does at Man Shitty? No one. Although I have fapped my way around the summer for him it is always such a useless way of thinking. that's all I mean.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Let's see...

I think it was
Buffon
Licht Barzagli Bonucci Chiello
Marchisio Pirlo Giach
Matri Quag Del Piero

but Ale was playing all over the pitch, he's like a trequartista to me. And both Matri and Quag were swapping sides occasionally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)