[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Lazio (11th-Apr-2012) (8 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• DEL PIERO!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Weren't you the one who said that these ratings come from "football experts", which unlike ratings from forum members, are quite reliable? :D
I'll challenge you to find that/those post(s). :D

What I have said (repeatedly maybe, not quite sure, old age & all) is that the ratings of the so called experts are often entirely different from what I read on here. Don't know how that relates to either of them being more reliable. Not that I care, I'll judge based on what I see & how I see it.

For me, Vidal was good last night, just like the entire team (bar Vuci), but not exceptional. Players who I thought were more than just good are Pirlo, DP & Pepe.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'll challenge you to find that/those post(s). :D

What I have said (repeatedly maybe, not quite sure, old age & all) is that the ratings of the so called experts are often entirely different from what I read on here. Don't know how that relates to either of them being more reliable. Not that I care, I'll judge based on what I see & how I see it.

For me, Vidal was good last night, just like the entire team (bar Vuci), but not exceptional. Players who I thought were more than just good are Pirlo, DP & Pepe.
I don't have the energy to look for that, but I don't think I'm wrong here. :D

We share the same opinion about last night's match (if I'm honest, I agree with mostly everything you say related to football), except that unlike you, I think that Marchisio had an overall average performance.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I don't have the energy to look for that, but I don't think I'm wrong here. :D

We share the same opinion about last night's match (if I'm honest, I agree with mostly everything you say related to football), except that unlike you, I think that Marchisio had an overall average performance.
Good boy, Klin!

Trust me, it's better to agree with me compared to the Gazzetta anyway. I know you wouldn't like the overall, average rating they have for Vidal so far.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Good boy, Klin!

Trust me, it's better to agree with me compared to the Gazzetta anyway. I know you wouldn't like the overall, average rating they have for Vidal so far.
God bless Microsoft Excel. ;)

Bar the usual suspects, I don't think anyone should need their average rating to know how instrumental he's been for us.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
It's true that Giaccherrini takes the ball from the side but I don't think this qualifies as 4-2-4 because he is almost always in the middle after he takes the ball, it's like a quasi 4-3-3/4-2-4
I agree it's usually a hybrid of 4-3-3/4-2-4 when Giacch's in cause he often drifts out wide and then cut inside , but yeserday Ale Completely moved in center playing off Matri.

After Giacch came in he was hugging that left side the whole time and Ale was the one dropping back in center to link up. The way they positioned in last 10mins or so, it looked as if we had two out wide wingers in Quag and Giacch.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
"Did a lot of work defensively" is always my favorite :D
Because he did. The game was tense and we were all nervous so some might have missed on those occasions but I advise you to watch the game again. He had a few very good one-touch passes (in 50-50 situations with Lazio players) which kept Lazio from a few dangerous counterattacks (2 vs 2 situations because Chiellini and Licht were both involved in our attacks). His performance last night was as good as Vidal's. Whilst Vidal was vital to keep our midfield in the game, Marchiso was a key player in launching the attacking plans which is why Conte subbed Vidal out and kept Claudio in the game.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Because he did. The game was tense and we were all nervous so some might have missed on those occasions but I advise you to watch the game again. He had a few very good one-touch passes (in 50-50 situations with Lazio players) which kept Lazio from a few dangerous counterattacks (2 vs 2 situations because Chiellini and Licht were both involved in our attacks). His performance last night was as good as Vidal's. Whilst Vidal was vital to keep our midfield in the game, Marchiso was a key player in launching the attacking plans which is why Conte subbed Vidal out and kept Claudio in the game.
:touched: :heart: :agree: :sheik:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Here is a good stat:

Giovinco's penalty goal in the opening round is the only goal we conceded in serie A in the last 5 minutes of the game. Just compare this to last season and how many pts we lost due to last minute(s) goals.
On the other hand, we're not too efficient ourselves in those same last minutes. Marchisio's brace against Milan are the only two goals we scored in the last minutes.
Here we can add the coppa match vs Bologna though, because we both scored and conceded in the last minute.

As far as scoring vital goals late in the game goes, Del Piero's goal yesterday was only the second decisive goal in the latest stages of the game. Previously only Marchisio against Milan scored such a goal.
If we count Coppa here too, then we can also add Marchisio's goal against Bologna and Vucinic's against Milan, both in extra time.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Here is a good stat:

Giovinco's penalty goal in the opening round is the only goal we conceded in serie A in the last 5 minutes of the game. Just compare this to last season and how many pts we lost due to last minute(s) goals.
On the other hand, we're not too efficient ourselves in those same last minutes. Marchisio's brace against Milan are the only two goals we scored in the last minutes.
Here we can add the coppa match vs Bologna though, because we both scored and conceded in the last minute.

As far as scoring vital goals late in the game goes, Del Piero's goal yesterday was only the second decisive goal in the latest stages of the game. Previously only Marchisio against Milan scored such a goal.
If we count Coppa here too, then we can also add Marchisio's goal against Bologna and Vucinic's against Milan, both in extra time.
I still have nightmares about that Catania game in Turin.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Watching the replay of the game on TV now and I agree with you about Marchisio.
And btw, Del Piero :delpiero: Even without the goal, his game was immense.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
True.
Just that none of that actually happened because Vidal was still doing most of the defensive work and in more than one situation Marchisio was losing his man and had to be bailed out by Pirlo of all people. Didn't offer anything in the attacking play either.

After Mirko, Marchisio should be the next in line to be rested for Cesena.
Marrone in for Cheesio. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)