[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 0 Milan (Oct. 2nd 2011) (6 Viewers)

Man of the Match: 2011-10-02 : Juve 2 - 0 Milan

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Barzagli

• Bonucci

• Lichtsteiner

• Pepe

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Krasic

• Vucinic

• Giaccherini

• Conte

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
It's not even about marking, Bonucci tends to make stupidest mistakes.

Seriously, we're playing against Milan, and not Bologna or someone. I have no idea why should we experiment for this much so much.
because off our lovely tanted grosso
he should not be playing today, and that give our last option on the left which is chiellini
don't worry Alen is right
Bonucci plays great against a big striker like Ibra and not a fast technical skilled talent like cassano
licht should handle with him :)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's not even about marking, Bonucci tends to make stupidest mistakes.

Seriously, we're playing against Milan, and not Bologna or someone. I have no idea why should we experiment for this much so much.
I'm not sure if the tactic is an experiment or at least it won't be more of an experiment than a 4-4-2. Looking at the line up (not counting the 4 defenders) for most of our midfielders or Vucinic 4-4-2 isn't even a formation they're used to playing often.
It's too early in the season and we have too many new faces to say that we're used to one tactic. Milan are stronger than Juve and it's normal to look for a formation that will neutralize them the most and make us more dangerous. Be it 4-4-2, 3-4-3, 4-1-4-1, 4-3-3 or whatever.
Personally I have no idea what would be the best system to implement tonight.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm not sure if the tactic is an experiment or at least it won't be more of an experiment than a 4-4-2. Looking at the line up (not counting the 4 defenders) for most of our midfielders or Vucinic 4-4-2 isn't even a formation they're used to playing often.
It's too early in the season and we have too many new faces to say that we're used to one tactic. Milan are stronger than Juve and it's normal to look for a formation that will neutralize them the most and make us more dangerous. Be it 4-4-2, 3-4-3, 4-1-4-1, 4-3-3 or whatever.
Personally I have no idea what would be the best system to implement tonight.
Yeah I know what you mean but so far 4-4-2 or that so called 4-2-4 gave us some result. Last week we looked very weak with 4-1-4-1 (which actually looked like 4-3-3) so that's why I said. It might neutralize Milan, but if we failed to do it good against Catania then I have no idea how we'll pull it tonight. That 4-1-4-1 from last week was weird, I didn't like Vidal's place as he was literally behind the striker.

I like 4-3-3 but I'd put different players on the field as I don't like the one that was posted. Krasic - Matri - Vucinic would work better IMO. We'd be much more dangerous with Vucinic on the side and with Matri in the box for headers.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I would pick this:

Buffon
Licht-Barza-Bonucci-Chiellini*
Pirlo Vidal
Krasic Del Piero Pepe
Vucinic​
*(Since DC isn't playing)

Pirlo should sit back and dictate play while being protected by Vidal. Vucinic & DP can use their dribbling to work some magic in and close to the box while Krasic and Pepe stretch Milan's defense. I think it would create a lot of space for DP and Vucinic because their defensive midfielders would try to shut out Pirlo while the wingbacks would have to deal with Krasic and Pepe.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Big :tdown: for Conte in preparation for this match. I like that he wants to be unpredictable but if something isn't broken, then don't fix it. He should keep his alternative formations for training and stick with what has worked so far. Inconsistency is not a good thing in football and if he wants this team to grow he has to get them used to a formation and back his tactics. Second, just don't play players out of position. I would rather play Grosso and leave Chiellini to mark Zlatan. We can only pray that Bonucci doesn't suck arse hard.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Big :tdown: for Conte in preparation for this match. I like that he wants to be unpredictable but if something isn't broken, then don't fix it. He should keep his alternative formations for training and stick with what has worked so far. Inconsistency is not a good thing in football and if he wants this team to grow he has to get them used to a formation and back his tactics.
Shouldn't we wait to see how the game pans out first? Could be a masterstroke.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Big :tdown: for Conte in preparation for this match. I like that he wants to be unpredictable but if something isn't broken, then don't fix it. He should keep his alternative formations for training and stick with what has worked so far. Inconsistency is not a good thing in football and if he wants this team to grow he has to get them used to a formation and back his tactics.
I wouldn't write him off just yet, especially if we manage to get 3 points out of this one. Despite the formation I believe we'll put a very good performance simply because I think players will be extra fired up. And I don't think Milan is stronger than us at the moment.

Aug 17, 2007
I would pick this:

Buffon
Licht-Barza-Bonucci-Chiellini*
Pirlo Vidal
Krasic Del Piero Pepe
Vucinic​
*(Since DC isn't playing)

Pirlo should sit back and dictate play while being protected by Vidal. Vucinic & DP can use their dribbling to work some magic in and close to the box while Krasic and Pepe stretch Milan's defense. I think it would create a lot of space for DP and Vucinic because their defensive midfielders would try to shut out Pirlo while the wingbacks would have to deal with Krasic and Pepe.
:tup:

This.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
We should play a simple 4-3-3 not this so called 4-1-4-1, I think both Vidal and Marchi should be close to Pirlo because you bet that Milan will be putting pressure on Pirlo like Catania did and he find himself with no option to pass too because Vidal and Marchi are so high on the pitch, we should play a simple 3 man MF.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Shouldn't we wait to see how the game pans out first? Could be a masterstroke.
Could be and I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong but if you have played one game very well with a 4-2-4 and one game quite poorly in a 4-1-4-1 (so much so that the formation had to be changed after 45 minutes) what do you think would be the right judgment?
I wouldn't write him off just yet, especially if we manage to get 3 points out of this one. Despite the formation I believe we'll put a very good performance simply because I think players will be extra fired up. And I don't think Milan is stronger than us at the moment.
Not writing him off but I don't like what I'm seeing in terms of his inconsistency and doesn't have much confidence in his tactics. You can't have a default formation that can't be used against strong sides. Its just ridiculous that we have to change our tactics out of fear even after the 4-1-4-1 failed horrendously. If the 4-2-4 wasn't working then he should change things up at half time but expecting that we are going to be out played before the game has even begun is not something that top sides do.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Could be and I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong but if you have played one game very well with a 4-2-4 and one game quite poorly in a 4-1-4-1 (so much so that the formation had to be changed after 45 minutes) what do you think would be the right judgment?
I would've gone with 4-4-2 too and I don't know the reason just won't condemn it to failure as yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)