[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 0 Milan (Oct. 2nd 2011) (7 Viewers)

Man of the Match: 2011-10-02 : Juve 2 - 0 Milan

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Barzagli

• Bonucci

• Lichtsteiner

• Pepe

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Krasic

• Vucinic

• Giaccherini

• Conte

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Juventino[RUS];3285649 said:
u can convert 4141 to 433 pretty easy
Who cares what you call it. Last time we tried it we played extremely poorly. I really won't understand it if we start with the 4-1-4-1. Why wouldn't Conte back his own tactics? His decision making last game was really average. I hope we don't see a repeat performance.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
:sergio: I don't understand the point of playing Marchisio and Vidal as attacking midfielders. It is not the natural position for either of them. Playing Vidal alongside Pirlo and leaving Marchisio higher up would be much better in my opinion. But even better would be a 4-2-4 with DP & Vucinic and Vidal & Pirlo in the centre.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
:sergio: I don't understand the point of playing Marchisio and Vidal as attacking midfielders. It is not the natural position for either of them. Playing Vidal alongside Pirlo and leaving Marchisio higher up would be much better in my opinion. But even better would be a 4-2-4 with DP & Vucinic and Vidal & Pirlo in the centre.
They're not necessarily attacking midfielders just because they player higher up the pitch. Conte wants us to press forward and keep possession as high up the field as possible and that means not letting the ball out of our area. Marchisio and particularly Vidal are the wall set up to stop counter attacks and give it back to our forwards. That's why Conte plays Vidal high up.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
They're not necessarily attacking midfielders just because they player higher up the pitch. Conte wants us to press forward and keep possession as high up the field as possible and that means not letting the ball out of our area. Marchisio and particularly Vidal are the wall set up to stop counter attacks and give it back to our forwards. That's why Conte plays Vidal high up.
lol it's not worth it. Some people just can't grasp that.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Man I hope that's not true. We looked rather weak with 4-3-3 last weekend and this is no time to experiment ffs!

Just field 4-4-2/4-2-4 that we KNOW how to play and let's win this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)