[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 0 Milan (Oct. 2nd 2011) (1 Viewer)

Man of the Match: 2011-10-02 : Juve 2 - 0 Milan

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Barzagli

• Bonucci

• Lichtsteiner

• Pepe

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Krasic

• Vucinic

• Giaccherini

• Conte

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We did look very weak.. But playing at home and having Vucinic on top will make us much better.. YEAH I said it! Forza JUVE!
Didn't we play at home last time? Its a bit odd playing Vucinic as a lone striker to be honest. The only sign for hope is that we've had more time and the team may understand the formation better by now.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Didn't we play at home last time? Its a bit odd playing Vucinic as a lone striker to be honest. The only sign for hope is that we've had more time and the team may understand the formation better by now.
Nah that was away.

Vucinic as a lone striker is horrible. His best place is a wide winger in 4-3-3 so I have no idea why would they put him there.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Nah that was away.

Vucinic as a lone striker is horrible. His best place is a wide winger in 4-3-3 so I have no idea why would they put him there.
According to the Italian papers, we need his technique to break Milans defense. What I have an issue with is that when we press our area will be crowded and technical players like Vucinic will have less space while through ground passes are much more difficult. As we press, the ball will most likely be played in the air especially considering our wingers are highly active. Without a proper CF and no height I have a feeling the only way we'll score with a striker like Mirko is on the counter. He's going to need space and if Vidal and Marchisio are being used to enforce a forward press and crowd our attacking third there won't be much of it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
According to the Italian papers, we need his technique to break Milans defense. What I have an issue with is that when we press our area will be crowded and technical players like Vucinic will have less space while through ground passes are much more difficult. As we press, the ball will most likely be played in the air especially considering our wingers are highly active. Without a proper CF and no height I have a feeling the only way we'll score with a striker like Mirko is on the counter. He's going to need space and if Vidal and Marchisio are being used to enforce a forward press and crowd our attacking third there won't be much of it.
:tup: I think this is the match when we should be using 4-4-2/4-2-4 with Vucinic - Matri upfront. Well it's what I'd use anyway.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Last time we played it the midfield was extremely static and not physical enough when we weren't in possession. Yes, I'm singling out Marchisio. Players simply stroll right past him. His work rate so far this season has been woeful.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
The pressing with Marchisio and Vidal is horrible with a single striker. If there were two strikers it would work so much better. A 4-3-3 with Vucinic coming in from the left, Matri upfront and Marchisio & Vidal pressing high would be much better than that 4-1-4-1 shit.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Perhaps Conte realises that they're gonna try to use Boateng to stop Pirlo. That should give our other mids more freedom and time on the ball against less mobile mids like Seedorf, Ambrosini, Van Bommel while Boatend being occupied with Pirlo, would be less of an offensive threat.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I know it's a way to isolate Pirlo because he's going to be targeted by our midfield, but he may be completely shut out by Nocerino and Van Bommel but Vucinic, Marchisio and Vidal will probably shut out easily by Silva and Nesta in a crowded final 3rd. Hopefully Vucinic can pull something out of his ass. :xfinger: Pepe plays as well as last week and Krasic needs to be on fire again. But still, we won 2-1 without Krasic and Chiellini @ San Siro last season.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Fuckkkkkkkkkkkk! Sky changed the line-up from 4-2-4 to 4-1-4-1. I hate this
If this system fails again and Conte persists with it then I think we know
where we're headed.
Someone needs to make this game so I can play the shit out of it.

--

Anyone (Australians) know the time of this game or how many hours? Daylight savings, I don't know what's going on.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
I know it's a way to isolate Pirlo because he's going to be targeted by our midfield, but he may be completely shut out by Nocerino and Van Bommel but Vucinic, Marchisio and Vidal will probably shut out easily by Silva and Nesta in a crowded final 3rd. Hopefully Vucinic can pull something out of his ass. :xfinger: Pepe plays as well as last week and Krasic needs to be on fire again. But still, we won 2-1 without Krasic and Chiellini @ San Siro last season.
momo :rofl: back then
quag :touched:
if we play with one striker he should play he is the most allround striker we have,
vuci is so far very lazy on the pitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)