[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Livorno Sep 19th, 2009 (4 Viewers)

Juve - Livorno : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Camoranesi

• Marchisio

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Iaquinta

• Trezeguet

• Marrone

• De Ceglie

• Amauri

• Livorno's suckiness

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 22, 2007
Not much to say, we looked comfortable in the second half when we shut the midfield up though. Wise tactical decision by Ciro to make the 4 man midfield and we quickly saw that they got into our area a whole lot less. In the 3 man mid Poulsen looked poor and exposed, but the younger legs (even tired legs for Marchisio) around him looked much more experienced when we went 4-4-2. It was clear Ferrara is thinking ahead to the game midweek against Genoa because we could have easily got 4 goals out there with full effort. We also have the 100% record so far this season which is positive. And look at how many goals we have conceded. Stats don't lie.

Best two players by a mile were Buffon and Camoranesi. MoM goes to Buffon because of the defensive weakness we showed and he still stood strong and pulled off a fine string of saves in both halves, someone should make a comp of that and stick it on youtube. Some quality stuff to be seen for the doubters. Credit to Camoranesi for actually making both the goals we scored though, superb performance and I really want to see him do this more consistently because he is so capable at times.

I don't think Giovinco had a good or great game as I've seen people claim, very average. When he gets involved he is crowded out, and loses possession (something which Diego does much better is thinking a step ahead, which is important for the role). And then goes for long periods being uninvolved or on the floor. I don't think he reads the play well, and I think he operates better on the wing where he is able to play in crosses (which I think he is very capable at doing).

MoM Gianluigi Buffon.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Not much to say, we looked comfortable in the second half when we shut the midfield up though. Wise tactical decision by Ciro to make the 4 man midfield and we quickly saw that they got into our area a whole lot less. In the 3 man mid Poulsen looked poor and exposed, but the younger legs (even tired legs for Marchisio) around him looked much more experienced when we went 4-4-2. It was clear Ferrara is thinking ahead to the game midweek against Genoa because we could have easily got 4 goals out there with full effort. We also have the 100% record so far this season which is positive. And look at how many goals we have conceded. Stats don't lie.

Best two players by a mile were Buffon and Camoranesi. MoM goes to Buffon because of the defensive weakness we showed and he still stood strong and pulled off a fine string of saves in both halves, someone should make a comp of that and stick it on youtube. Some quality stuff to be seen for the doubters. Credit to Camoranesi for actually making both the goals we scored though, superb performance and I really want to see him do this more consistently because he is so capable at times.

I don't think Giovinco had a good or great game as I've seen people claim, very average. When he gets involved he is crowded out, and loses possession (something which Diego does much better is thinking a step ahead, which is important for the role). And then goes for long periods being uninvolved or on the floor. I don't think he reads the play well, and I think he operates better on the wing where he is able to play in crosses (which I think he is very capable at doing).

MoM Gianluigi Buffon.
Are you sure we could have given more in this match? The players were so tired that at one point Camo, Iaquinta & Marchisio couldn't care less when they lost the ball.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm not going to go reading too much into this game because the plan was clearly to get an early goal and then cruise the rest of the game.

The intensity and concentration of previous games wasn't there, which is why Buffon had to work so hard to keep his clean sheet.

Three points, no injuries, no booking and a minimal amount of effort put in.

Exactly what was needed before a tough game in midweek.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
trezeguet was really good today. the only ting that missed from his performance is the goal. in all the other things he did, he reminded something from the old trezeguet today. bravo treze, keep improving...

marchisio was top today, as well as camo.

our defence was bad. grygera average as always, grosso the same. chiellini good but alone and legro just ok.

poulsen was invisible. he did his defensive work ok, but nothing more.

iq is on fire. he has a lot of confidence and if treze continues to improve and del comes back, we will have a fantastic attack.

buffon is the best gk of the world by far. no doubt...

bravo juve, 4/4, let's continue like this...

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
Good game.

The team did what was needed. We secured the win and no players got injured.

But I have to say Livorno was an average squad at best, that is why we won despite not having all the key players. But what I am surprised of is that despite this being a poor rival, Giovinco still did not do anything. I hope he catches up because we will need him a lot in the future. Trezeguet also did not do anything, but it is a matter of getting back to good form, I believe.

Other than that The midifeld was very good. Camo putting the difference at times, and of course BUffon saved us again. The defense was good apart from times when thety kind of slowed down but it is understandable due to the 2 gol advantage.

Bring on Genoa!

May 22, 2007
Are you sure we could have given more in this match? The players were so tired that at one point Camo, Iaquinta & Marchisio couldn't care less when they lost the ball.
Yes. Some players looked tired but players like Camo/Giovinco could have done more to hurt an already poor Livorno defense, they can go longer than just 45 minutes. The players just rode it out to the end to save legs for midweek (with a comfortable 2 goal cushion).

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
trezeguet was really good today. the only ting that missed from his performance is the goal. in all the other things he did, he reminded something from the old trezeguet today. bravo treze, keep improving...

marchisio was top today, as well as camo.

our defence was bad. grygera average as always, grosso the same. chiellini good but alone and legro just ok.

poulsen was invisible. he did his defensive work ok, but nothing more.

iq is on fire. he has a lot of confidence and if treze continues to improve and del comes back, we will have a fantastic attack.

buffon is the best gk of the world by far. no doubt...

bravo juve, 4/4, let's continue like this...

if trez was really good today, then everyone else must have been the second coming

subjectivity goggles off

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Im torn between Camo and Buffon for MOM but to win games you need to score goals and Camo created both so hes my choice.

Buffon is a very close second though.
Camoranesi not even close to Marchisio let alone Buffon.

Mauro did too many mistakes today, if anything i rated him for his 2nd assist other than that he wasn't good IMO. Defensively almost zero, and looked too slow to me.

Mar 14, 2004
I'm not playing goal.com games with a ratings....my only ratings are who was good and who wasn't.

Camo and Gigi had a great game. Marchisio,Grygera and Giorgio had a good game. Grosso and Iaq had in and out game.....

Treze tried in buildup,that's what I always wanted but he simply isn't a player he used to be. Sitter that should be headed into net,lack of pace.....man he should retire or sth. Before it was annoying and now is sad.

Gio,my bhoy gio.....where did it break up? a shadow pf himself,few times lost the ball due to a bad footwork which almost caused goals by Tavano and Lucarelli. Some bad passes and in 2 games out of 2.....he simply isn't a danger to the opponent's goal he used to be....Camo did his job instead.

Poulsen.....isn't worthy of a comment.

Overall....I claimed that nobody looks comfortable in new system. Midfield looks exposed all the times,and that causes leaks in our defense. Maybe a 4-4-2 should be tried uh?

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Camoranesi not even close to Marchisio let alone Buffon.

Mauro did too many mistakes today, if anything i rated him for his 2nd assist other than that he wasn't good IMO. Defensively almost zero, and looked too slow to me.
Claudio really suprised me tonight it has to be said, such a mature performance.

I was actually hoping he be rested because hes played so many games but I do agree that he should be a contender for MOM and his goal was hotness :heart:

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Don't wanna blow his bubble, but isn't Gigi too confident with the ball on foot?

I mean I saw him playing dangerously with the ball 3 times and I only saw first 15 mins and second half ..

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Don't wanna blow his bubble, but isn't Gigi too confident with the ball on foot?

I mean I saw him playing dangerously with the ball 3 times and I only saw first 15 mins and second half ..

Why shouldn't Buffon be confident with the ball at his feet? - he was by far MOM tonight, he is our most consistant player and he saves us several times every game - he is the best goalkeeper in the world:scarf:

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
if trez was really good today, then everyone else must have been the second coming

subjectivity goggles off
i meant. he was great if you consider his previous matches. with lazio. treze played like shit. today he reminded a little of the old treze. he showed that he hasn't lost his killer instinct. he was not the treza we know but he improved a lot. if only this bicycle kick went in...

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Buffon gets my vote for the second game in a row and that means two things:

He was great and our defence looked a lot shaky. One of the main reasons for that IMO is Poulsen, He is piss poor and a waste of money and space. The guy didn't even bother to get back to defend plus he's horrible on the offence. I'd rather we play with 10 men than having him out there period......

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Ferrara and Spinelli hail Gigi Saturday 19 September, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ciro Ferrara confesses Juventus were a little tired and allowed Livorno too many chances, but President Aldo Spinelli hails Gigi Buffon as “the best of all time.”

The 2-0 victory in Turin saw goals from Vincenzo Iaquinta and Claudio Marchisio, but also a series of spectacular saves from the Italian international 'keeper.

“We did allow Livorno a few too many scoring opportunities,” mused Coach Ferrara after a fourth straight win.

In my view, at the moment our performances are affected by tiredness. There are so many games to play and we have a lot of internationals, so it isn’t easy to get your energy back when playing constantly.

“We took on a team that played wonderful football. Buffon made some great saves, even if it’s true that we also created more chances. It’s fine with the three points, but we must continue to improve.”

The Juventus shot-stopper also received praise from his opponents, as Livorno President Spinelli thought he was man of the match.

“Buffon is the best goalkeeper of all time,” said the patron. “Players like him and Diego Maradona are simply unique and can never be repeated. I have never seen anything like what he did tonight.

“Buffon saved everything. We fired shots at him from every angle and he was always there. He allowed us nothing.”

Meanwhile, Ferrara was called to comment on the development of youngsters Sebastian Giovinco and Marchisio.

“Sebastian often lets himself get caught with his back to the goal, so he is easier for the defender to mark.

“Clearly Giovinco is very talented and interesting, but every day he must feel like there is something new to learn and improve upon to earn this shirt. That is true of everyone at a club like Juventus, whether they are young or old.

“Marchisio is doing great work and what’s more I can field him in numerous different positions. His technique is also superb.”
Channel 4

Mauro16

The Conformer
May 12, 2006
Such an efficient performance. Didn't play particularly well but got the result comfortably anyway, it's been a while since Juve were so ruthless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)