[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Livorno Sep 19th, 2009 (3 Viewers)

Juve - Livorno : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Camoranesi

• Marchisio

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Iaquinta

• Trezeguet

• Marrone

• De Ceglie

• Amauri

• Livorno's suckiness

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Pretty amazed to see how people give 6-s and 7-s to the defence. Without Buffon we might not have won today.

Legro has lost some of his form, partly maybe because of loosing his regular spot. But i can clearly see some setbacks in the Chiellini-Legro duo. Add to that for some reason Chiellini was going forward every now and then causing problems in defence when he eventually lost the ball in the midfield area.

I hope i wont have to see that kind of play against stronger teams so i take that the players confidence was so high that they knew what they where doing meaning knew they would beat Livorno. (note for the future and stronger teams, Grosso will be going forward every now and then anyway, so it would be very dangerous move if Chiellini would do the same)

With Marhcisio becoming more attacking minded Poulsen should have done the DM duties, but failed. Livorno had many chances going exactly through the middle. We clearly missed Melo (and Sissoko) defensive but more so physical impact. Basically i felt no midfielder did defensive duties, AND thats partly why the defence looked shaky. No one was challenging in front of them.

There where so many caps and open spaces in the midfield today. I think that Ciro should think about some backup formation plan when certain players are out. Giovinco clearly doesnt contribute the way Diego does. I am not sure i would play him in the middle really.

Might sound dull, but should have opted for 4-4-2 with Giovinco on LM. The midfield might have been more compact and therefore it would have been easier for the defence also.

Trez finishing still poor, but i felt that i saw somekind of improvement in his movement (very slight).

In the end we did enough to seal the win. Hopefully the big guns return for next match.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I see a tired Juve. It is never easy to maintain a balance since there are so many players on your side to be on duty for Serie A games, international games and CL games.

But hey, at least the score is 2-0 for Juve and not 0-2, otherwise I can see hell will break loose. Juventus gave Livorno too many attacking chances, and it becomes a goalkeeping test for Buffon, who performed extremely well. Credits to the Italy number 1 for keeping a clean sheet despite working with a team full of fatigue. As sharp as ever. And 2 early goals sealed the game.

As for Ferrara, he is showing some positive signs of a great coach. More experience in difficult situations will definitely help him to develop.

Next stop, Genoa, 1 of the toughest teams in the league. Gotta step up from this performance, but I'm sure the bug guns will be back for action.

engireman

May 26, 2009
Giovinco could not live up our expectations. he is now out of form. He could not play either AM or Wing or LM with current form. During Ranieri era everbody demanded that Giovinco should play as AM after several LM role. Now somebody demanded it as contrary which he also could not do best.

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
What disapoint me is that this years juventus looks more and more like last year juventus. We win without impressing. I miss the eager to crush the game with 5-0. Every game becomes a transportation to next match and it seems that this gives us a disadvantage in europe...!!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What disapoint me is that this years juventus looks more and more like last year juventus. We win without impressing. I miss the eager to crush the game with 5-0. Every game becomes a transportation to next match and it seems that this gives us a disadvantage in europe...!!
If you think this club looks and plays like we did under Ranieri, I have to respectfully ask you to have your optometrist test your prescription again.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Very good performance and result overall but defensively we have to be better than this. I still don't like our covering on the flanks, we have full backs that push forward with the midfielders around them and the leave a lot of space in the back. We need to shut up shop much better, as we won't always score two first half goals.

Gigi was MOM, great performance.

Grosso is doing well, especially defensively but i expect more quality from him.

Gio, i thought played alright and he will get much better once he gets an understanding with the forwards. Would've liked if he was left on but we have a midweek game and he doesn't have the biggest tank in the team.

It was great seeing camo back in form. Big performance from him, lets hope he continues like this.

Trezi is improving and you can see him linking up better and better with the people around him. Still the full sharpness is not back, you see the potential with that instinctive volley and then other volley where he missed. Certainly more positive than the last game and he will get to a high level soon. Trust me he wouldn't like his form atm and would be the person most that wants to improve.

Iaq is the inform guy, almost everything is going right for him. Its actually interesting when you compare him with Amauri. The contrast is that Vinny is just keeping everything simple while Amauri seems to be complicating stuff. There was one passage where he received the ball on the wing and instead of returning it for the one-two he kept the ball and eventually lost it. Imo he will get that goal and back to form when he simplifies some aspects of his game.

Anyway on to Genoa now

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What exactly more could you ask for? Great goal keeping by Buffon....sweet runs by Camo...our midfielders pushing up and scoring, something we haven't had in a long time. A nice compact unit working as a team, even with all the injuries...excellent runs from the left flank by grosso...i mean honestly what more do you want? We scored 2, our strikers are either on form or finding their form, our midfielders are showing their lethal touch in front of goal...our weakest side at LB is now our strongest, seriously what else are you seeing that is so disappointing that I am missing?
And I must say, I did not like ciros subs today. Id like to see gio and treze finish the game.
Again...what did you see exactly. De Ceglie did great coming off the bench, he did more in that short time than Gio did during three quarters of the game. We are winning comfortably enough to put in more youngsters like Marrone when we had a coach that wouldn't give youth the time of day. I think Gio has played more this season (including friendlies) than he probably did last year in a whole season. We need victories, and Ciro is going to push his players to the limit to ensure that. We know this. It is time to take off our skirts and play with real grit. I am tired of hearing like we did so many times in the newspapers..."juventus show grit and heart"....dude, how many damn times did we have to COME BACK from a goal down...how many times last year did we go a goal down in the first half...how many times did we concede first last year....

This years stats are worlds apart IMO from what we had last year in terms of productivity. We don't wait until the second half to wake up...we create more chances, we depend on more players than just DP and an old Nedved to create...everything we wanted last year is happening and still that is not enough. I don't understand it. We dominated Livorno tonight aside from the good chances they had they outmuscled us NOWHERE on the pitch. I don't understand what more they need to do for some members here to give them a damn standing ovation.:wth:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)