[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Livorno Sep 19th, 2009 (1 Viewer)

Juve - Livorno : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Camoranesi

• Marchisio

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Iaquinta

• Trezeguet

• Marrone

• De Ceglie

• Amauri

• Livorno's suckiness

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Player ratings Juventus V Livorno...

Buffon-
10/10...Flawless. After a year of injuries Santo Buffon has returned to reclaim his throne as King of The Keepers. He is currently our most in form player, and if he can stay fit, he could prove the difference between us and Inter. I would say his re-emergence, in terms of consistently high standards, is the biggest positive to take from the new season so far...

Chiellini-
8/10. Solid throughout, rarely worried, played with a smile, got forward on several occasions, showed decent pace and his usual no nonsense approach to thwarting attacks through the middle of the park.

Legro-
7.5/10-
No major errors. Won most aerial battles, and looked far more assured next to his pal Giorgio than how he performed alongside Fabio during the week. Still, less useful than Cannavaro...But a sterdy, commendable showing.

Grosso-
6.5/10
Caught out a few times positionally, but showed decent distribution and he CAN tackle. he is also quite quick for a 31 year old...A vast improvement on the left flank.

Grygera-
6/10
At first, as I missed the formations, and the stream I was watching was grainy, I assumed it was Sali, back from the dead, because his positional play was appalling...I was thinking...'well, what can we expect from a utility player who excels nowhere but is competent everywhere...'...but alas, i soon discovered it was the Czech goblin. He did OK...Though his tendency to drift out of position is enough to convince me that we need to give Zebina a chance there, as soon as he is fit, as the frenchman knows where to be.

Poulsen-
7/10
The best perfomance I have seen from the Dane. Hardly a major force, but he won many loose balls, did his work tidily and showed a good level of energy and interest for the entire match.

Marchisio-
8/10
Clearly tired...but he got up and down the pitch to useful effect, harried the opponents as much as tried to create, and scored a delightful goal. A sound performance from the fast maturing youngster.

Camo-
7/10.
I dont remember ever seeing the argie rat misplace so many passes, not by a yard or two but by 10 or twenty yards. True enough he supplied the cross for the first goal, and a lovely ball through for the second, but he gave away possession FAR MORE times than he found one of his team-mates. One of the few who tried to dribble his way past opponents, which is encouraging, but I found him largely disappointing because its not enjoyable to see one of our best ballplayers conceding possession so consistently. I expect more of him...

Giovinco-
6/10
Another unconvincing showing from la formica atomica. Which I hate to admit, because I so want him to do well, and prove that there is substance in the hype surrounding him. Its true what Ciro said after the game, he isn't great when he receives the ball with his back to goal. That is more Diego's forte...I don't understand why he hasn't been tried in attack, with Trezeguet for example. The old big target man/nippy midget routine...But I suppose someone has to go in the Diego hole, and we needed someone who can pass from midfield, without Melo and Tiago, so Camo had to go central, and Giovinco in the hole. He looks wicked when driving forward, his passing is generally quality, and his shooting...well, he didn't create many chances to shoot. Either his confidence is low, or he is simply not a trequartista.

Iaquinta-
6.5/10
I haven't ever before seen a Juve striker whose touch was as confident and efficient as a newly birthed bear. For all his huffing and puffing, Vincenzo lacks technique, which more often than not, kills our attacking moves. He is only useful in the box, on the end of crosses or balls through which put him one on one with the keeper. On top of this, he doesn't seem great at finding space, other than in the air...Indeed, he scored. But he was poor last night, and for once, I was missing Amauri.

Trez-
6.5/10
Great to see him back in the thick of the action. And he is clearly up for it, as was confirmed by his tracking back to help defend. On another day, when his match sharpness is once again razor like, he could have scored a hatrick or more. Because he has clearly not lost his main talent of ghosting into goal scoring positions. Despite his lack of pace, he can still smell the openings...and if he continues to play, he will likely infuriate for a few more games, but then be BACK IN THE GOALS...He wants to be here. And I am glad he has stayed with us.

SUBS-

De Ceglie...N/a
Marrone---7/10...showed great enthusiasm, tried to make things happen, a beligerent little tyke.
Amauri...N/a

Conclusion.

We didn't overpower our opponents as much as most of us would have hoped, nonemoreso than me, as I stayed up until 645am to watch this match. And had it not been for Buffon, we would have lost or at best drawn. But we won...Four on the trot is all we could have asked for. The manner of these victories however, may be cause for concern, but we were missing Cannavaro, Zebina, Melo, Diego, Del Piero, Tiago...and some of those who did start, mainly Iaquinta, Camo and Marchiso...all seem somewhat jaded by tiredness. So overall, I am content with 2-0.

We will need at least Melo and Diego back for the Genoa game, and hopefully Del Piero and Zebina will also get some minutes, as I am not keen on Giovinco behind the strikers. Though, with Melo back, and perhaps also Tiago, we could play Marchiso, Melo, Tiago, and push Camo into the hole...

I don't think we learned anything that we didn't already know from last night's game. We didn't play particularly well, could have lost, but ultimately our quality showed through, at both ends of the pitch.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
7/10 for Poulsen? hell no, the guy was the poorest player on the pitch along with Giovinco, got his backside repeatedly handed to him by Candreva (good player)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
7/10 for Poulsen? hell no, the guy was the poorest player on the pitch along with Giovinco, got his backside repeatedly handed to him by Candreva (good player)
His job was to mop up in front of the defence, play it simple, cover...Bearing in mind that in ALL the other games I have seen him play he has looked wretched, in this match, I thought he stuck to his task, and many times, picked up loose balls to get the team moving forward again. he didn't give the ball away for free. Which Camo, Iaquinta, Giovinco all did from the start to the finish of the game...True, they are more likely to give the ball away, as their game is about OFFENCE, but still. On a night in which we looked like a very very poor passing team, I thought Poulsen did well. But his 7 takes into account his career to date at Juve. He is still finding his feet. Made no major errors, did seem tidy. And his blond locks are hard to mistake for anyone else...He reminded me of Deschamps, but lacking the frenchman's steel...Unexciting, but useful.

Gotte

Mar 21, 2009
weedguru

You give both Poulsen and Camo 7/10. Can't be right.
Camo was really good last night and Poulsen didn't make a good performance. The Danish wasn't poor but not good either. Also your 7.5 to Legro feels quite wrong too.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I agree on this Camo deserves much much more than yesterday's Poulsen.
He was indeed inconsistent at times, but when he was up to the task, he was unreal.
And if it wasnt for the limited Grygera presence beside him, his work would have seemed to carry the same efficiency, as spectacular it was!

I also agree with most people's view on Giovinco. He wasnt special yesterday...
Giovinco is not on form, too bad he gets to his waste his playing time right now.
But i am confident that Ciro will give him more chances anyway.
I think that the ideal position for him is as LAMF/LSS in a 4-2-3-1, where he can put his pace and dribbling at optimal use. Ferrara had no option to field that formation today, because we lacked too many midfielders!
Giovinco is young and versatile and he can adapt to many more roles than we think though.
He has the technical ability to replace both an AMF, like Diego and a SS, like DP.
Judging by our current material, we would rather use a Diego sub for now and he should rather work on this!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
are you suggesting Grygo had a bad game? Camo was wreteched in the 1st 10 mins, but got into the groove and was spectacular, especially in the 2nd half

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
One of the things I'm most pleased about is how our defense is playing. They haven't been perfect recently, but we have yet to concede a goal this season that we're really at fault for. Clean sheets against Lazio, Livorno, and Chievo, and Roma scored a BS goal and Bordeaux's was offside. Not bad.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Buffon 10 Perfect
Grygera 6 Unadventurous
Legrottaglie 5.5 Searching
Chiellini 6 Solid
Grosso 6.5 Present
Poulsen 6 Astute
Camoranesi 7 Initiative
Marchisio 6.5 Useful
Giovinco 5.5 Unimpressive
Trezeguet 5 Past-it?
Iaquinta 6.5 Trezeguet

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
weedguru

You give both Poulsen and Camo 7/10. Can't be right.
Camo was really good last night and Poulsen didn't make a good performance. The Danish wasn't poor but not good either. Also your 7.5 to Legro feels quite wrong too.
I didn't think that Legro made ANY mistakes which led to goalscoring chances for the opposition. He was solid. as was Chiellini...the majority of our defensive disorder stemmed from the still..far from perfect movement and position of our fullbacks, and also, the lack of muscle in the middle of the park...Poulsen, Camo, Marchisio, is very flimsy. Without Melo, there was no destroyer.

However, I did think Poulsen did well enough...Perhaps he warranted more a 6-6.5, but I was being kind to him, as for a change, he didn't look useless. And I did notice him collecting a lot of loose balls, and keeping things simple.

As for the commendation of Camo's performance, I can not at all agree...as I thought he was well below par, for his high standards. Two great passes, for the goals. But other than that, he only looked decent because nobody else had the drive, or ability, to dribble at the opponent, preferring to try pass it around them...Camo's game was epitomized in the second half, when he drove forward through the middle, and tried to play in Trezeguet, who failed to find the ball...Camo's reaction was to start moaning, WHILE LIVORNO RAN BY HIM WITH THE BALL...whilst out other midfielders were regrouping, the argie was still strolling back slowly, moaning, totally uninterested in what was unfolding in terms of FOOTBALL...that is pathetic, for a professional footballer. And embarassing. I dont like his temperament. He does have talent. But at best, he is inconsistent....I would rather see Marchisio/Melo/Momo in the future, when all are fit. Than Camo handed a first team berth. It disgusts me to see players behave like he does all too often...

To call Camo 'unreal' or to use any superlatives rooted in praise, for his performance last night, leaves me thinking that either I expect too much, or that the majority of people, expect too little.

I doubt that Ciro was pleased with the attitude i am talking about...Talent is no excuse for poor temperament. Ask Rooney...who is a far greater player, even at his younger age, than Camo has been or will ever be. Rooney simply loves to play football, true enough is zeal often gets him into trouble, or it used to, but there is no doubt that he would die for the cause...would Camo? No chance.

His only use to the team is Passing and Dribbling. He set up two goals last night, and was our ONLY player, other than Grosso, capable of passing the ball accurately over distance. He wasted possession too many times to count...

had he performed this way against Inter, or Ac, or Genoa, i would be more content, but this was against one of the weakest sides in our league...and still the same inconsistency and same poor attitude. Camo is interested in nothing but Camo...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
One of the things I'm most pleased about is how our defense is playing. They haven't been perfect recently, but we have yet to concede a goal this season that we're really at fault for. Clean sheets against Lazio, Livorno, and Chievo, and Roma scored a BS goal and Bordeaux's was offside. Not bad.
we defend well as a unit, that's why...Livorno's players were winning some one-on-one moments, but Marchi or Poulsen would always get stuck in to get the ball off them eventually

Gotte

Mar 21, 2009
I didn't think that Legro made ANY mistakes which led to goalscoring chances for the opposition. He was solid. as was Chiellini...the majority of our defensive disorder stemmed from the still..far from perfect movement and position of our fullbacks, and also, the lack of muscle in the middle of the park...Poulsen, Camo, Marchisio, is very flimsy. Without Melo, there was no destroyer.

However, I did think Poulsen did well enough...Perhaps he warranted more a 6-6.5, but I was being kind to him, as for a change, he didn't look useless. And I did notice him collecting a lot of loose balls, and keeping things simple.

As for the commendation of Camo's performance, I can not at all agree...as I thought he was well below par, for his high standards. Two great passes, for the goals. But other than that, he only looked decent because nobody else had the drive, or ability, to dribble at the opponent, preferring to try pass it around them...Camo's game was epitomized in the second half, when he drove forward through the middle, and tried to play in Trezeguet, who failed to find the ball...Camo's reaction was to start moaning, WHILE LIVORNO RAN BY HIM WITH THE BALL...whilst out other midfielders were regrouping, the argie was still strolling back slowly, moaning, totally uninterested in what was unfolding in terms of FOOTBALL...that is pathetic, for a professional footballer. And embarassing. I dont like his temperament. He does have talent. But at best, he is inconsistent....I would rather see Marchisio/Melo/Momo in the future, when all are fit. Than Camo handed a first team berth. It disgusts me to see players behave like he does all too often...

To call Camo 'unreal' or to use any superlatives rooted in praise, for his performance last night, leaves me thinking that either I expect too much, or that the majority of people, expect too little.

I doubt that Ciro was pleased with the attitude i am talking about...Talent is no excuse for poor temperament. Ask Rooney...who is a far greater player, even at his younger age, than Camo has been or will ever be. Rooney simply loves to play football, true enough is zeal often gets him into trouble, or it used to, but there is no doubt that he would die for the cause...would Camo? No chance.

His only use to the team is Passing and Dribbling. He set up two goals last night, and was our ONLY player, other than Grosso, capable of passing the ball accurately over distance. He wasted possession too many times to count...

had he performed this way against Inter, or Ac, or Genoa, i would be more content, but this was against one of the weakest sides in our league...and still the same inconsistency and same poor attitude. Camo is interested in nothing but Camo...

1:10?

I think that was a huge mistake that "led to goalscoring chance". We cannot afford to give our opponents chances like gifts. Too easy. Canna wouldn't let that happend. Legro need to get more focus and concentrate a bit more.

And in the case of Camoranesi I don't agree with you. He's a quality player when he's free from his goddamn injuries. Nuff said IMO.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Where are the members that was saying Marchisio has NO talent ??..
marchisio is the :gsol: new nocerino

+rep

but surely if people only watch the highlights they would not see how often camo acts like a diva. camos crosses (from the sideline) are mediocre at best. he has the ability to chip the ball over the defense when he runs at it, which is often usefull, but from the sides/wing the crosses are not very good.

the way camo behaved so far this season he does not seem to be wanting his first team place . . . he really does seem like he does not really care about playing and is satisfied with his wage and sitting on the bench... but what would you expect from him ... he is as far as you can be from a true juventino. he is at juve, because we did not let him go and he would ply his trade with inter with the same happyness like with us.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Game would've ended 0-0 at best without Camo yesterday. He looked like the only player capable of making something happen. Sure he looked lacklustre at moments, but as a footballer he looked like he was two classes above the rest of the players on the pitch.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Some of the ratings being given to defenders are ridiculously generous.

Buffon was MotM at home against Livorno.

That should tell you all you need to know about how well the defence played.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)