[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Lecce (2nd May 2012) (5 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
To cope with this situation, I'm pretending that a new season, the shortest in history, is starting.

The league is called Juventus vs. Milan and it's a 2-game season.

Milan gets the following teams: Inter and Novara. Juventus gets Cagliari and Atalanta.

Those who gather the most points from those 2 games wins the league, and if all games are won by both teams, Juventus wins the league.

It's actually not very bad terms, if you ask me. We have the chance, let's make the most of it.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Not sure why but this game actually bothers me more than some of our CL finals, heh. Those were painful but I suppose because they weren't decided by such absurd incidents they were easier to tolerate and forget.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Not sure why but this game actually bothers me more than some of our CL finals, heh. Those were painful but I suppose because they weren't decided by such absurd incidents they were easier to tolerate and forget.
It's because we were a different beast, I think. Highly regarded, highly respected. And we were in contention for major prizes all of the time, and winning them regularly enough. Now, it's different. We've been starved of success for too many years. And we desperately want the "winning culture" back at the club. This would be an incredibly important scudetto for us, because I believe it can usher in a new era of winning. If we don't win it, who knows what'll happen... Hopefully we'll be OK, but I fear we may not win for some time.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
It's because we were a different beast, I think. Highly regarded, highly respected. And we were in contention for major prizes all of the time, and winning them regularly enough. Now, it's different. We've been starved of success for too many years. And we desperately want the "winning culture" back at the club. This would be an incredibly important scudetto for us, because I believe it can usher in a new era of winning. If we don't win it, who knows what'll happen... Hopefully we'll be OK, but I fear we may not win for some time.
True enough. Almost feels as if we were about to breach the summit but now hang precariously or something melodramatic, lol.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Inter President Massimo Moratti has conceded that his club will inadvertently help one of their great rivals – Milan or Juventus – to the title.

The Old Lady currently lead the Rossoneri by a point in the standings ahead of this weekend’s San Siro derby. Inter will go into that game needing a win for their hopes of a top-three finish.

“This season it looks like we’ll have to do a favour for one of them,” the oil baron noted on Thursday morning.

“Who would be better? I don’t really know, it would be the same…”

A win against Milan would favour Juventus in the title hunt, while a loss against the Rossoneri would see the Diavolo maintain the pressure or even overtake the Bianconeri this weekend.

Inter’s own season took a turn for the worse on Wednesday when they were defeated 3-1 at Parma. They are now three points behind Napoli and Udinese.

“Is our Champions League dream over? You never know with this championship,” he continued. “We certainly didn’t help ourselves last night.

“We did well in the first half at Parma, but if you make mistakes then you run the risk of losing. But I don’t think that Coach Andrea Stramaccioni made mistakes.

“Now we will face the derby with the same spirit as always. It’s a unique game and we won’t be favourites.”
If he 'helps' Milan then it is essentially match fixing.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
To cope with this situation, I'm pretending that a new season, the shortest in history, is starting.

Milan gets the following teams: Inter and Novara. Juventus gets Cagliari and Atalanta.

Those who gather the most points from those 2 games wins the league, and if all games are won by both teams, Juventus wins the league.

It's actually not very bad terms, if you ask me. We have the chance, let's make the most of it.
I really, really like the way you put that.

Too bad Milan will almost certainly win both of their games. Can we do the same after the events of last night?

Im not so sure.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
these 3 days will be torture. a real mental torture.
Only if you let them be. I'm going to a big family event after the game, so I'm making the game a 'starter' and not the big issue. If the unlikely happens and we can win the scudetto on the day then obviously it'll be a complete piss up double header :D It's May bank holiday Monday here the day after too :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
All I know is that our team has been "down and out" so many times this season, but bounced back. It seems we hate to be in comfortable positions, but thrive on pressure and being told "it's over".

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
If he 'helps' Milan then it is essentially match fixing.
:agree: All the little sneaky help is coming back. Valeri allowing Lecce players commit fouls that they would be arrested for if they had done that in the street,causing injuries to our players; weird/erroneous decisions by match officials and now moRATti's tuppence worth. I wouldn't put it past FIGc that the real reason for them moving Juve's match to coincide with the milan derby is so that many foreign people cannot watch Juve's game on TV (and record it) and therefore not be able to see any biased officiating or other incidents that may occur!

If :inter: do not work their socks off to win Sunday's game they should be relegated for violating article 6!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Only if you let them be. I'm going to a big family event after the game, so I'm making the game a 'starter' and not the big issue. If the unlikely happens and we can win the scudetto on the day then obviously it'll be a complete piss up double header :D It's May bank holiday Monday here the day after too :D
the only option is being drunk for all 3 days.

---------- Post added 03.05.2012 at 18:02 ----------

:agree: All the little sneaky help is coming back. Valeri allowing Lecce players commit fouls that they would be arrested for if they had done that in the street,causing injuries to our players; weird/erroneous decisions by match officials and now moRATti's tuppence worth.

If :inter: do not work their socks off to win Sunday's game they should be relegated for violating article 6!
that's why we shouldn't let anyone else but us decide the fate of Scudetto, get 2 wins no matter what.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
@Elvin; Absolutely! No more sitting back on one or two goal leads! We must trounce our opponents! Score 10 goals or more, if we get the opportunity to do so - or die spitting blood!

I wish Toni could read that and convey it to the team.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

It's over, mate.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
@Elvin; Absolutely! No more sitting back on one or two goal leads! We must trounce our opponents! Score 10 goals or more, if we get the opportunity to do so - or die spitting blood!

I wish Toni could read that and convey it to the team.
The worrying thing is that we haven't been sitting on one goal leads.

Most of our draws this season, including yesterday's, have been due to poor finishing rather than incorrect tactics.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
It's over, mate.
Perhaps, but Juve must not take that attitude! We need 6 points out of six and that is what we must strive for. Only after doing that, can we allow them to say it's over! I very much doubt that :inter: will do us any favours. They will probably roll over and let milan walk all over them like Palermo did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)