[Serie A] Juventus 1-0 Udinese, Nov 22nd, 2009 (2 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
As Alen said, hold your horses, its a good indication for sure, was nearly given up on him with the flaws in his game, but if he keeps up the reassuring performances, then we should consider it (not at 12 at all though).

Though we should take to account even if our FBs were excellent in this game, defensively they were barely challenged at all, like sof Isla and Lodi did squat, Udinese were too defensive to really test them.
100%

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Nope, we shifted to 4-3-1-2 but diego had to go to the left abit whenever Del Piero was going to the center. Its like we were playing 4-3-1-1-1 or 4-3-2-1 if that makes any sense. When DC came in we switched to 4-4-2.
Diego was pushed out left. No way was he central when DP came on. He rode the touch line for the rest of the game when DP came into the match. I wasn't happy to see Diego just moved away like that, we should have when to the 4312 and push Camo back with Momo and Poulsen.
Good three points in a very tough and ugly game.

Poulsen was great, and its good to see him improve. The same goes to Caceras, lets hope both keep their form especially as they aren't automatic choices.

Many mentioned Grosso and he deserves it but i still expect better crossing.

Damn its good seeing mommo back, such a beast and made a very good DM in asamoah look really average.

It was interesting seeing where DP was played with Diego. We all expected him to slot on the left but he was played in the middle with a more forward orientation. Good move by Ferrara as it gives us a bit of flexibility.
What I said above, I didn't see Diego go to the middle but maybe once, he was switched to the left.

Poulsen has been reborn, he needs to make sure this presence is kept consistent. Either it will be great for us to have a backup like him or if he keeps playing like that it will be nice on the market if we need to sell....his value will go back up.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Hereby my delayed (and for good reason :D) take on the game.

Difficult but deserved win. Udinese played a very organised game, extremely concentrated.They gave away very little space & made it impossible to play free flowing football. Giovinco and the others had to cope with at least 2 direct opponents every time, so it's not that big of a surprise that our goal had to come from more defense orientated players.

What troubles me is that, once again, we had troubles near the end of the game. It looks like we haven't learned our lesson yet.

1 Superman 6 - Mostly quiet evening. Was there when called upon.
2 Cackeres 6,5 - Virtually no troubles at the back. Got better as the game went on (as is the case in most games, a bit of a slow starter) with some truly great tackling. Great run & assist for the goal.
5 Il Traditore 6,5 - Didn't have a lot of trouble containing the Udinese players. His lack of speed was apaparent at times though, but so far he has proven to be intelligent enough to cope with it. Mostly relaxing evening for him thanks to the amount of work Chiellini put in.
3 The Rock 7 - Some sluggish moments at the start, but overall a great performance. Did the bulk of the defensive work.
6 World Cup winning LB 6,5 - One of his better Juve performances, sealed with a well taken goal.
4 Bidone d'Oro nominee 4 - Well, if he keeps putting in performances like this, he may actually win that award. His performance ranged from rather poor to downright horrible. A huge sigh of relief went through the stadium when he went off & rightfully so.
18 Il danese 7 - Mom. Pretty good at opening up play & despite some awkward moments, he was vital from a defensive point of view. For approx. 50 minutes he played for 2, considering the performance Melo put in.
16 Italien 6,5 - Maybe I'm a bit generous here because he wasn't involved for big parts of the game, but he did bring some rest & security when needed. Also gave a perfect assist to Amauri, but the Brazilian squandered it.
28 Il fantasista 6 - Bright start, but faded out pretty quickly. Should probably have done a bit better in terms of finding space.
20 Natalie Portman 5,5 - Bright start but completely faded out of the game after a while. I think the pressure (of DP's return) is getting to him.
11 Wannabe Italien 5 - Not good at all. Rarely involved & missed a huge chance.

22 Ninja 7 - What a difference 1 player makes. Our only sure starter in midfield? If it was up to me, he would be.
10 Il Capitano 5 - Great to have him back, but it might take a while for him to get his form back.
29 Ashton Kutcher -

Fun fact of the weekend: I was staying in the same hotel as the Udinese players. Which made for one of the most surreal breakfasts I ever had. Standing there, in full Juve attire, next to D'Agostino at the morning buffet. Priceless. :D

View attachment 39943

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
20 Natalie Portman 5,5 - Bright start but completely faded out of the game after a while. I think the pressure (of DP's return) is getting to him.

Fun fact of the weekend: I was staying in the same hotel as the Udinese players. Which made for one of the most surreal breakfasts I ever had. Standing there, in full Juve attire, next to D'Agostino at the morning buffet. Priceless. :D
:lol2:

Hehe:D
Did you spit on his meal?:D

A friend of mine (he's Italian) met Di Natale and when he was standing next to him he said wow you're even smaller than I thought :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The look on those Udinese players' faces was great. Especially Corradi. He was looking a bit weird, almost angry it seemed.

It was a lot of fun though. There was absolutely no way for us to avoid them (or for them to avoid us).
You get in the elevator: there's a player. You go to breakfast there's the entire team. You walk in the hotel, the lobby is filled with Udinese entourage.

Too bad they stayed on the 3rd floor while we stayed on the 4th. How did we know that you ask? Well, we may have had a quick peek at their schedules & room numbers.

I must say that the hotel personnel were very amused by our stay in the hotel. At least most of them were. One guy was actually a bit afraid. Go figure.

And Sab, no I did not spit on his sandwich. He was pretty friendly anyway. He was one of the players that were amused by our presence.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yep.

What's not to like: a weekend of Italian calcio ; great food & wines ; 3 points ; one of the better Turin hotels I ever stayed at ; chilly but overall nice weather ; Italian women ; Juventus stores ; ...
More importantly, did you join the Balotelli chant? :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I did not actually.

I truly hate Balotelli & hope he chokes in every game he plays. But to sing for his death is uncalled for.
I do realize that most people are "joking" when they sing this but it could get us in a lot of trouble, as the stadium speaker also made clear several times.
And like Sissoko said: what's the point in singing against a player who isn't even there on the night?

When the "chi non salta ..." songs are sang I'll jump, like everyone else, because they are fun. I'll join in the "storia" song before the game & I'll aplaud our players instead of booing them (Melo), but I do & will not join in everything our ultra's begin singing or doing.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Stats ! (though its too late now !)

Ball possession
Juventus 55.8% - Udinese 44.2%

Passes
Juventus 440 (82.50%) - Udinese 349 ( 70.3%)

Shots on target
Juventus 7 - Udinese 2

Shots off target
Juventus 2 - Udinese 0

Shots blocked
Juventus 3 - Udinese 2

Cross

Juventus 23 - Udinese 17

Fouls Suffered
Juventus 16 - Udinese 19

Yellow cards

Juventus 3 - Udinese 2

Passing directions :

Attacking directions :

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)