[Serie A] Juventus 1-0 Udinese, Nov 22nd, 2009 (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Eℓvin;2236444 said:
We should invest in Caceres, seriously.
As Alen said, hold your horses, its a good indication for sure, was nearly given up on him with the flaws in his game, but if he keeps up the reassuring performances, then we should consider it (not at 12 at all though).

Though we should take to account even if our FBs were excellent in this game, defensively they were barely challenged at all, like sof Isla and Lodi did squat, Udinese were too defensive to really test them.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I wish if we buy Caceres too, but sure we still have much time to make that move permanent, but if we can negotiate it right now (if we can't get him for less than what we agreed for), then do that now!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Caceres has potential but he's too shaky. I don't think I'd look at him as a serious buy. Even 8mln euros might be too much. I'd keep him as an option but he surely wouldn't be first on my list.
8M would be a very good price IMO...the current clause is at I think 12M? that is too much

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
4m sounds about right to me, for what we've got so far.
That's because he didn't play enough games for us, different team, different league and style of game. So If the board re-negotiates the deal for him right now, we might get him for cheaper, that if Barcelona agrees.. He is improving day by day, will be tougher to negotiate the deal when he becomes a regular and performs much better.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
That's because he didn't play enough games for us, different team, different league and style of game. So If the board re-negotiates the deal for him right now, we might get him for cheaper, that if Barcelona agrees.. He is improving day by day, will be tougher to negotiate the deal when he becomes a regular and performs much better.
We should offer what he's worth in June, if he's worth 8 offer 8, if he's worth 15 offer 12 :evil:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
The first thing everyone here should remember is that Udinese was without Serie A's top scorer Di Natale (who always does better for Udine than he does for the NT....but thats another story), and their offense was led by a very average Floro Flores.

With that being said, Udinese never really troubled us, and the defense, as well as Gigi had a pretty quiet day. The offense was without spark, punch or anything else that I would consider positive. We can pass the ball around all we want, but what counts MOST is putting in the back of the fucking net.

I am against this one striker system, and the proof was in the pudding again today. Ciro may be a defensive genius, but he has no offensive tact. I watched Amauri struggle (he shows us again that he cant have all the weight of scoring put on his back), and Diego is struggling with this formation. He is everywhere on the field except near the Udinese area.

I think we need to play with 2 strikers, and the solution would be a 4-1-2-1-2, with Diego behind the strikers, and Momo in front of the defense. This way, Camo can play out wide, as well as DC/Gio on the left

Buffon- had one great save to make

Caceres- impressive

Canna- solid as per usual

Chellini- ROCK. Best CB in the world

Grosso- showed Amauri how to score

Poulsen- he played a perfect game...why can he do this more often ??

Melo- WASTE OF FUCKING MONEY....his mistakes might be easy to overlook while playing for the superstars of the Brazilizn NT, but not here. Trade Zanetti back for him

Camo- very good performance, was a constant threat

Giovinco- I'm not too impressed with him. he certainly isnt the next DP. If his football career doesnt work out, he is up for a role in the remake of The Wizard of OZ

Diego- lots of running, but doesnt remind me of a playmaker

Amauri- IMO, last in the pecking order (IQ, DP, Trez, Amauri)....Italy doesnt need him. Grosso may be better up front

subs-

Momo- excellent game with tons of strength & pace

DP- first game back, he gets a pass

DC- NR

We better improve fast if we want a result against Bordeaux.....

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Once Del Piero step in, we changed to a 4 4 2. Why? why not the 4 3 1 2? Diego is no LM. And Ciro should of subbed out Amauri in the last 10 or 5 minutes, I really wanted to see Immobile play.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Once Del Piero step in, we changed to a 4 4 2. Why? why not the 4 3 1 2? Diego is no LM. And Ciro should of subbed out Amauri in the last 10 or 5 minutes, I really wanted to see Immobile play.
Nope, we shifted to 4-3-1-2 but diego had to go to the left abit whenever Del Piero was going to the center. Its like we were playing 4-3-1-1-1 or 4-3-2-1 if that makes any sense. When DC came in we switched to 4-4-2.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Good three points in a very tough and ugly game.

Poulsen was great, and its good to see him improve. The same goes to Caceras, lets hope both keep their form especially as they aren't automatic choices.

Many mentioned Grosso and he deserves it but i still expect better crossing.

Damn its good seeing mommo back, such a beast and made a very good DM in asamoah look really average.

It was interesting seeing where DP was played with Diego. We all expected him to slot on the left but he was played in the middle with a more forward orientation. Good move by Ferrara as it gives us a bit of flexibility.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Thankfully we got the close home win. But once again the team didn't manage to decide the game (there were some good chances) ... so we had to get worried until the end (dangerous situation in our box in the last minute of injury time).

MOTM was either Poulsen or Caceres. If we didn't have so many DM's, I'd start to reconsider selling Zanetti. It could just be temporary form, but on his day he really is a very good player. Caceres seems to be improving every week, now. Might have found our RB solution after all. And Momo was fantastic after he came on.

A point from Bordeaux will be acceptable to pass into the next round, a win vs Cagliari is a must to set us up for Inter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)