[SERIE A] Juventus 1-0 Napoli (28/02/09) (5 Viewers)

MOtM

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Molinaro

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Marchisio

• Giovinco

• Poulsen

• Trezeguet

• Del Piero

• Marchionni

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 26, 2004
Me, but I suspect almost everyone.

Why did you find it boring?
I expected much more hot blood in a game between Juventus and Napoli, maybe it was my expectation of a better Napoli side.

They were completely harmless with the exception of Lavezzi.... Hamsik is disappointing, again... Santacocacola is a shaky defender who lack experience and confidence... their midfield when Garagno is missing is a complete joke.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
How can you people be in the mood to fight after a Juve win?
Go get yourselves drunk or have sex or whatever you do when you celebrate something.
I'm getting ready to go out since I'm in a good mood but not get drunk.

Just wanted that boy to know a fact or two about the man he insulted few pages back.

Off for a long night. Congrats ya'll

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I expected much more hot blood in a game between Juventus and Napoli, maybe it was my expectation of a better Napoli side.

They were completely harmless with the exception of Lavezzi.... Hamsik is disappointing, again... Santacocacola is a shaky defender who lack experience and confidence... their midfield when Garagno is missing is a complete joke.
Napoli are going through a pretty bad patch at the moment, that's for sure.

The game was pretty heated, especially towards the end. The game may have lacked quality, but there was no shortage of commitment or aggression.

The game was also tactically interesting since it was 4-4-2 v 3-5-2, and then we changed shape in the second half.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
And between him and Hamsik, proof that you can't score on haircuts alone.
hhahahah, gave me a big laugh! hamsik has the worst haircut in the world. infact, he needs one badly!

Just for my two cents:

First half was okay. We did what we had to do, controlled the game and our first goal should have been a bit earlier and "nicer", but we take what we get.
Second half was a bit shaky. Napoli caused us problems at the start. This Datolo dude impressed me, but still I didn't understand the sub.
I would have taken off Marchionni or Del Piero, as DP simply had a day off, and Marchionni was pushed back by Datolo. Brazzo for Marchionni and Amauri for DP would have been a lot better. The problem was the lack of organisation in midfield after the switch to the 4-3-1-2. It took us at least 10 minutes to do that.

Marchisio is a very good player. We can be happy to have him here for a lon time and Poulsen was the MOM of the first half. Some classy passes and hard work he did out there.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
The team took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half with only a 1 goal lead. Y they didn't maintain the same tempo as the 1st half is my main concern.

Marchisio was my motm. His best games this season have been ones where he his active around both boxes. Poulsen covered for him nicely, and vice versa, and we never got caught out in the middle of the pitch, although they were overrun at times.

Del Piero had a poor game. Held on to the ball to long, and was playing way to deep.

It's only a matter of time b4 Seba's love affair with Juve ends and he starts thinking about his career. Ranieri refuses to play him, and when he does it's not even for 90 min. He should have been weaned into the team months ago, yet it's a struggle for him to make a sub appearance, let alone play 90 min.

May 4, 2004
Completely agree with all your comments, i usually defend the refs because they get harsh criticism but this guy ruined the game, some of his decisions were baffling, but we must remember, we only won the game because the linesman made a bad call on a napoli offside, so alls well that ends well
The linesman was not wrong.. Cannavaro WAS offside..

And this has to be the worst post I've seen in this thread.
Ohh my bad FANBOY!.. Sorry for saying the truth about Del Piero.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Ohh my bad FANBOY!.. Sorry for saying the truth about Del Piero.
I won't say that was the worst post of this forum, I've seen much worse of yourself to the least. Thing is that I honestly think that post bears a major compliment for Ale if you consider his tonight's display as the worst of his since you became a Juve fan. Either this or that you were a KF Fushë Kosova fan in 2005.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
It is 0730 here. I only slept for 2 hours after the match and here comes the match report.

Buffon - Another solid performance from the number 1, showing his talent and experience. With him on the helm you are in safe hands. 6.5

Grygera - Average performance, mothing more, nothing less, but always a step slower in the Napoli box 6

Legro - Started off pretty well, but became jittery after that underserved yellow card. 6

Chiellini - Good show from Chiellini, producing another solid performance with great positioning and tackling. The referee's decisions must have infuriated him, but he can certainly be proud of his performance after the Chelsea game. Hope he can perform like this against Chelsea. 6.5

Molinaro - Massive improvement from the Chelsea game. Defended very well and ran off his socks. Definitely deserves a thumbs up for his performance. 6.5

Marchionni - I like his performance in the 1st half, but in the 2nd half he started to fade out, when will he learn to be consistent? 5.5

Marchisio - Definitely the MoM. Fluke goal, but it went in. Ran forward with his heart out and made some crucial tackles. Juventus' Steven Gerrard on the making 7

Poulsen - Played with a lot of intelligence with fluid passing and solid tackles. Asisted for Marchisio's goal with a crucial tackle and a pass to Marchisio and the Napoli half. 2nd half is only to restricted to defensive duties 6.5

Giovinco - He is dangerous, but looks like the odd-man out with those passes and crosses. Need more playing time to develop his understanding with the team 5.5

Trezeguet - Started out brightly, and is in the correct place at the correct time. Faded in the 2nd half due to lack of service. Typical Trezeguet game, except that he didn't score. Good training for Trez's fitness despite not scoring, as you can see his frustartion in being offside. Never mind Trez you will score soon. 6

Del Piero - Trademark freekick that tested Navarro. Contributed to the team in the attacks, but not as much as before. Also faded in the 2nd half. Maybe due to fatigue of playing too many games? 6

Subs:

Brazzo - Apart from the cross, I can't see any notable contribution from him 5.5

Amauri - A day to forget for Amauri as the referee always blows his whistle at him. Achieved so many fouls when he came on 5

Mellberg - Came on for Legro and does his defensive duties as told

Coach:

Ranieri - A tale of 2 halves in this game. In the 1st half Juventus is aggreesive and played like a champion and in the 2nd half Juventus played so badly. Wat's your idea in taking out Giovinco in the 60th minute when Giovinco can still offer so much in attack. Even if you are to take him out, take out Del Piero 1st as he is really out of shape. No point defending a lead so early in the game, which almost backfired when 2nd half is entirely Napoli 5

Referee:

Ayroldi - Any sane referee will have sent off Blasi as he does not even deserve to be on the pitch with his rough rugby like tackles. Awarded so many soft fouls against Juventus that almost destroyed the game. Are you a fan/relative of Blasi? 3

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Napoli still in crisis mode. Marchisio was great. Not for the goal but he was all over the pitch today. He's getting more comfortable in the mid. Nice to see the kids at halftime with the trophy. :tup:

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Didnt realise how good Poulsen long through balls really are. If Iaquinta or any other striker with pace would have run away with most of those supplied by the dane. He's very tidy on the ball and postions himself quite effectively. Dont think him and momo would gel together. great for shutting games down i suppose.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Didnt realise how good Poulsen long through balls really are. If Iaquinta or any other striker with pace would have run away with most of those supplied by the dane. He's very tidy on the ball and postions himself quite effectively. Dont think him and momo would gel together. great for shutting games down i suppose.
i think him and momo would work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)