[SERIE A] Juventus 1-0 Napoli (28/02/09) (2 Viewers)

MOtM

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Molinaro

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Marchisio

• Giovinco

• Poulsen

• Trezeguet

• Del Piero

• Marchionni

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Ohh my bad FANBOY!.. Sorry for saying the truth about Del Piero.
You can call me fanboy or fanman all you want Kosova. But saying Trezeguet doesn't know shit and saying Ale played his worst football match, one wonders when you started following this team.

Too many of you keep forgetting and unfortunately need to be remembered/ remember that this team has changed from what it was or used to be... And It feels really sad that it took some of you Napoli game, a game that we won, to throw all this attack and criticism towards Trezeguet and Alex.

Salman said something really gold few days ago after the Chelsea game, some members here moan for the sake of moaning and nothing else.

I would have swallowed it had we been playing with the same squad we had under Capello and not achieving results, but take a look at this squad and what we've done so far.

It just feels sad, now that Ranieri saga is never over, Molinaro story goes on, time to hit on Juve old guards and re-pay them for everything they've done to us up till now eh?

Anyway...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
You can call me fanboy or fanman all you want Kosova. But saying Trezeguet doesn't know shit and saying Ale played his worst football match, one wonders when you started following this team.

Too many of you keep forgetting and unfortunately need to be remembered/ remember that this team has changed from what it was or used to be... And It feels really sad that it took some of you Napoli game, a game that we won, to throw all this attack and criticism towards Trezeguet and Alex.

Salman said something really gold few days ago after the Chelsea game, some members here moan for the sake of moaning and nothing else.

I would have swallowed it had we been playing with the same squad we had under Capello and not achieving results, but take a look at this squad and what we've done so far.

It just feels sad, now that Ranieri saga is never over, Molinaro story goes on, time to hit on Juve old guards and re-pay them for everything they've done to us up till now eh?

Anyway...
well said rab, well said.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Good thing Reja opted to put Maggio on the bench, or else the defence will be even busier than ever.

Denis is a dirty player who should have been shot. He is trying so hard to get a penalty and Legro to be sent off.

Blasi, I will like to thank you for the goal, but you are a fucker who tries to injure our players when you can't get the ball. Be fortunate that you are still on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
An unlikely deflection against a hapless Napoli team that only brought Santacroce to the game is what won us the game. Our lack of killer instinct in front of the net in the first half was frustrating to watch, and in the second half, we seemed to lose our steam. DP is not in his best form right now, Trez is still not back to his best, and Amauri is pretty much in the same boat as DP at this moment.

As I was watching our attacks in the first half (while Napoli was just letting us do whatever the hell we wanted to...except score) I kept thinking that IF Chelsea doesnt run us into the ground with their pace and fitness, they might as well just sit back and defend, and catch us on the counter. If the Napoli that I saw earlier in the season showed up today (the one that beat us already), they would have done that, and probably managed at least 1 or 2 goals. Remember my words when we play Chelsea.....

Chellini was my M.O.M.- a great comeback after Wednesdays debacle

Marchisio comes a close second with some fine midfield work, and a lucky goal

Poulsen had some decent passes

Giovinco was lively, and was all over the midfield

Buffon had the night off

DP and Trez had forgettable days

Grygera and Molinaro were average, but neither should be starting for this team

Marchionni wasnt as bad as usual today

RUINeri made a big mistake in bringing off Giovinco...and so early as well

The management better pray that Legro's injury isnt too serious....they may end up kicking themselves in the ass for not bringing in another CB in the January transfer window

Happy with the win, but we could do better than this...especially against a team that came to lose

Jul 10, 2006
An unlikely deflection against a hapless Napoli team that only brought Santacroce to the game is what won us the game. Our lack of killer instinct in front of the net in the first half was frustrating to watch, and in the second half, we seemed to lose our steam. DP is not in his best form right now, Trez is still not back to his best, and Amauri is pretty much in the same boat as DP at this moment.
Amauri should have never saw the field. IMO.

As I was watching our attacks in the first half (while Napoli was just letting us do whatever the hell we wanted to...except score) I kept thinking that IF Chelsea doesnt run us into the ground with their pace and fitness, they might as well just sit back and defend, and catch us on the counter. If the Napoli that I saw earlier in the season showed up today (the one that beat us already), they would have done that, and probably managed at least 1 or 2 goals. Remember my words when we play Chelsea.....
Chelsea has a better manager than we do...

Chellini was my M.O.M.- a great comeback after Wednesdays debacle

Totally agree.

Marchisio comes a close second with some fine midfield work, and a lucky goal
Yep....

Giovinco was lively, and was all over the midfield

I agree...

Giovinco is not a winger, he's an AMC.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I agree with Vinman here. We should have scored more. But we couldn't for the given reasons. Anyhow. 3 points that count at this point. Hoping for a Roma win.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
A few things from this game.

Ranieri is not impressive with his man management. For a player like Giovinco to flourish you need to let him know he can afford to fail 2 times in order to determine the outcome of the game on his third try. This moron is crushing Giovinco right now.

Marchisio what a fucking gem of a player! He grew so much these past few months. He started off the season in a dodgy manner and I was seriously questioning what makes this player so special but now I know. He is the new Conte, insanely hard worker and a future Juve icon.

The Salihamidzic substitution and the way the team played after it... no comment.

And the team that finnished of the game:

Grygera Mellberg Chiellini Molinaro
Marchionni Marchisio Poulsen Salihamidzic
Trez Amauri

The central line is good, but if you look at all 4 players on the flanks, my only question is: how is this team winning football games?

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
I'm proud of how our players performed this match. Every one stayed focused, closed the spaces that leave the likes like Lavezzi and Hamsik with dealock. However I chosed Poulsen MotM ahead Marchisio because his determination and strength to control the game and delivered the ball brightly. Because of his pass that Marchisio had the chance to score.

However I'm a bit disappointed with Marchioni and Gio. I feeled they didn't have the right mindset, lack of confidence and occasionally lost the ball silly. They both need to fight harder, be more decisive and dribble to the box more not just run around outside the box and pass long ball, it's ineffective and predictable.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Great game by both the CMs Marchisio & Poulsen.

The game did get rather confusing when Marchionni move to the Fantasista position albeit a short while. It was as if Trez and Amauri do not know wat Marco wanted to do and vice versa.

Camo did mentioned in a C4 article about the wingers are moving behind the 2 forwards and stuff like that and Juve plays something like a 4-3-1-2 late in the game (Do not know whether it is intentional) . Does it all spells we are closer than ever to take Diego after all.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004

Anyway...
Well you know yourself better then anyone els.. IMO you are a fanboy when you react like that to a post where I express my opinion!.. Whenever I or someone els say anything "bad" about DP you react like that!. I even feel some members here aint got balls enough to say anything negative about DP because of you!. They are afride that you will attack them!..

And dude I never attacked anyone of our players, Okay maybe Marchionni!.

PS I love Del Piero MORE then you think I do!. As I have said so many times before, he was the reason I became a JUVE fan!. But the difference is that I do give my opinion on him wether he plays a good or a bad match!..

(Sorry for my bad english)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I didn't see the match , so i will be more objective , i picked Marchisio as our MoM :juve:
You are not the only one in here . There are many fans who don't even see the match and write stuff. At least you are honest...

I would agree with you here about DP but i would like to say that Amauri is in great shape. Its just bad luck, however im sure he will be OK before anyone else and scoring.

I think that was Reja's plan. He knew we had game just 3 days ago, so they maybe let us willingly, maybe not as much as they wanted, but yes, we missed some great chances, and we should finish game even in 1st half.

Towards the end of 1st half, i could already see that we are out of steam, and believe me , it's nothing to do with us trying to protect result..

Poulsen was my MOM, with Chiellini and than Marchisio in 3rd.

I was also surprised about taking of Gio instead of Dp, but than again, as someone mentioned, maybe CR was afraid to take DP first..

I am very worried about DP form right now, but not only that, our the captain always trying to pass 2-3 players, and usually get stopped at 1st..
I love DP, but I have to criticize in a same way as would criticize CR for taking Gio before DP.

I am happy with a win, but i do regret our missed chances and leaving us all so tense until last minute..Next time we might not be so lucky..

But forza Juve, and let Inter, Roma, Milan and others to worry about result tonight..

Amauri should have never saw the field. IMO.
why not? DP was very tired, he could not put correct 2 passes in a row?

Chelsea has a better manager than we do...
of course, but Chelsea also has better squad.

Giovinco is not a winger, he's an AMC.
We should be happy that he plays at first, secondly as everyone knows this year we play little bit different system .

Ranieri is not impressive with his man management. For a player like Giovinco to flourish you need to let him know he can afford to fail 2 times in order to determine the outcome of the game on his third try. This moron is crushing Giovinco right now.

Marchisio what a fucking gem of a player! He grew so much these past few months. He started off the season in a dodgy manner and I was seriously questioning what makes this player so special but now I know. He is the new Conte, insanely hard worker and a future Juve icon.

The Salihamidzic substitution and the way the team played after it... no comment.
Well if he ruin Gio, it will be normal, you know, he is called Ruineri, and the same happened with Tiago, who this year somehow better...

in regards to Marchision, you say he grow so much last few months...well, i guess some players cant get ruined...

Great game by both the CMs Marchisio & Poulsen.

Camo did mentioned in a C4 article about the wingers are moving behind the 2 forwards and stuff like that and Juve plays something like a 4-3-1-2 late in the game (Do not know whether it is intentional) . Does it all spells we are closer than ever to take Diego after all.
im feeling Diego now too..

:flag3:

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008

Well you answered your first point with your second point. Giovinco may not be playing as much as you like but Marchisio developed under the man.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I only caught the highlights which didn't show much other than the goal, chances for Giovinco and Trezeguet and then two chances for Napoli.

Most important is the three points, the clean sheet, and nobody else dead. I hope trezeguet gets more time on the field over the Lazio and derby games coming up so he is ready-ish to face chelsea next week.

I couldn't take much from what I saw, but it didn't seem like we had gained the momentum. but that is understandable given the changes in starting XI. Its hard to be consistent when the selection isn't consistent.

How did Giovinco do for the rest of the game*** Too deep or just a poor showing*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)