[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-3 AC Milan (Jan. 10th, 2010) (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
the final straw has already come and gone....he needs to leave YESTERDAY !!!
Yep, it doesnt matter if we continue losing...we need a lot of changes and thats the first one we need to make. It can get worse but nothing we gain staying with our arms crossed.

As we are right now, we will get shit.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I don't think this is because the board thinks Ciro can turn things around right away. I think this has a lot more to do with the availability of a suitable replacement. :frown:
thats true swag, although i think now we all kind of put the hiddink rumours that were raging in the past few weeks in to context. i think he is being lined up, i'm def not putting any high hopes on this until i read it on the juventus offical site. alot should be un-vieled tomorrow.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Bordeaux 2 - 0 Juventus
Cagliari 2 - 0 Juventus

Juventus 2 - 1 Internazionale
Juventus 1 - 4 Bayern München
Bari 3 - 1 Juventus
Juventus 1 - 2 Catania

Parma 1 - 2 Juventus
Juventus 0 - 3 Milan

--------------------------------------------------

We should have changed coaches three times by now. I am at loss for words.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I think most has already been said, but here's my take on the game anyway.

Both teams started the game in a really calm fashion. We tried to take some initiative, but without any real success. Both teams pretty much cancelled each other out. Which made for a boring game, but at least it felt that we were not going to lose.

That was until our first brain fart happened, not surprisingly on a set piece. We gifted a goal to Milan out of the blue & that pretty much meant game over, since we were once again lacking in the creative department. The first few minutes of the 2nd half gave me some hope, but it didn't last.

Once again a very sad evening.
Sad because of the loss.
Sad because of the dreadful performance in the last 30 min.
Sad because of our bench: very few options to change the game, if any.

Manninger 5 - Barely made a save and looked very insecure.
Grygera 5 - Not too crappy, but a fair amount of difficulties.
Cannavaro 6 - A few moments where he was exposed due to his lack of speed, but mostly covered for it himself with smart positioning. One of our better players.
Chiellini 6,5 - Our best player once again.
Grosso 5 - Exposed a few times and did not contribute much going forward.
Salihamidzic 4,5 - Rather erratic. It made sense he was the one to be subbed out.
Poulsen 5,5 - Some good work in the middle of the pitch, but quite a few difficulties as well.
Melo 5 - An overall ok game, once again marred by horrible mistakes. Oh, and you just know you have a problem when you're being outrun by Pirlo.
Marchisio 4,5 - Rather poor, but he obviously needs to play as centrally as possible if we want to get the most out of him.
Diego 5 - He tried but did not succeed. Also needs to work hard to improve his set piece delivery.
Amauri 5 - Mostly invisible, but I'll cut him some slack since he barely received anything to work with. Did he even get 5 decent passes?

Del Piero 4,5 - Pretty bad. He's not going to regain a starting spot if he puts in performances like this.
De Ceglie 4 - Brought very little, if anything.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Conceding set pieces, its completely unacceptable. So many players in the six yard area and not one man at the back post on the first goal.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Conceding set pieces, its completely unacceptable. So many players in the six yard area and not one man at the back post on the first goal.
This is a problem me and Andy addressed in the live thread and I can't see who the problem is.
Can it be coach's fault? Maybe, but I think the players carry a lot of the blame here and since defending set-pieces was one of our main strengths in Ranieri's time, I can point my finger at Cannavaro, Grosso and whoever's replacing Sissoko.

Whenever we conceded a corner kick in the previous 2 seasons, I learned not to worry at all because I knew that Chiellini, Mellberg, Legro, Sissoko and even Molinaro, who rarely used his head for anything, would have cleared it with ease. I'm trying hard to remember now, but I can't remember a goal we conceded after corner kick in the previous years.
This year every corner is a huge danger and lots of them ended up with a goal.

Seriously, who's to blame here?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
This is a problem me and Andy addressed in the live thread and I can't see who the problem is.
Can it be coach's fault? Maybe, but I think the players carry a lot of the blame here and since defending set-pieces was one of our main strengths in Ranieri's time, I can point my finger at Cannavaro, Grosso and whoever's replacing Sissoko.

Whenever we conceded a corner kick in the previous 2 seasons, I learned not to worry at all because I knew that Chiellini, Mellberg, Legro, Sissoko and even Molinaro, who rarely used his head for anything, would have cleared it with ease. I'm trying hard to remember now, but I can't remember a goal we conceded after corner kick in the previous years.

Its pathetic. If you see an unmanned opponent or you're not marking anyone then you as a player need to take the liberty of maning the front/back post and take more pressure off the keeper.

If I were Ferarra I would assign roles in defending set pieces but it looks like they all just crowd in there aimlessly instead.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Defending set-pieces is done using a system of placing the players where they should, each with a role, whether to watch the ball or a player. I think all teams defend set-pieces in the same way or at least in similar ways. Maybe the positioning differs depending on the players available but there are certain positions that should always be there.

Now it is all down to executing that, the coach has to instruct them on what to do, he has to warn them about what players to keep a closer eye on (if the coach is prepared for the opponent) and the players to do that right.

I don't think any of these is being done, no instructions, no warnings and the players are left to do what they are used to do from previous experiences.

Add to that Melo.

lil zlatan

Mar 5, 2006
La Stampa ratings.

Manninger 5

Grygera 5
Cannavaro 5,5
Chiellini 6
Grosso 5
Salihamidzic 5,5
Poulsen 4,5
Felipe Melo 4,5
Marchisio 5
Diego 4,5
Amauri 4,5

Del Piero 5
De Ceglie 5

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Where are all the folks who were mocking Milan and Leonardo at the start of the season?
I remember laughing at Leonardo and saying how Milan will be loosing everything with such a coach at the helm. While thinking/hoping that our newbie coach will do some good things. What a hipocracy...:tdown:

Baggio93

Jan 22, 2004
what is wrong with this team, thank god we played a lowly Milan, otherwise we would have really gotten our butts spanked. this was a really low game.

Besides Chiellini, maybe Cannavaro and the still not fit del piero our team sucked from a to z.

Diego - he is always great in the opening 2 1/2 minutes, than you can forget him.
Melo - Man he sucks.
Poulsen, a Juve player ? in the 1990s he would only carry the balls to the training ground.
grygera - He is great for the Austrian or suisse league, or the czech, not for seria a and not for Juve !
Salihamizic , at least he tries, but not more to say.
Amauri, he was good at palermo, but seems like he has forgotten how to play since he earns big $$. He has no work ethic, no movement, even Del Piero was running more...
Marcisio - I like him but he can´t carry the team.
Crosso, he is a has been, unfortunatly...
Man it sucks to watch the team lately , it´s not ciro´s fault although he could get some of the players out and play some youth so maybe there is more talent.
Let´s hope Iaquinta, Trez and camo will be fit soon, altough it would not change that much.
Man I am pissed.

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006
Juventus No1 Buffon insists Scudetto not out of reach
Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon insists they can still win the Scudetto.

Despite supporter protests at the end of last night's thrashing by AC Milan, Buffon insisted all was not lost.

The result leaves Juve 12 points behind Serie A leaders Inter Milan.

"Farewell to the Scudetto? You should wait to make judgments. Seeing the way Inter played yesterday there is still hope," declared Buffon.

:shifty:

Juventus defender Chiellini: Don’t blame FerraraJuvGiorgio Chiellini has jumped to the defence of Juventus coach Ciro Ferrara after last night's 3-0 humiliation by AC Milan.

Home supporters called for Ferrara's sacking well before the final whistle as Juve were trounced.

Italy defender Chiellini insists it is the players, not Ferrara, who must take responsibility for their recent dismal run.

"The problem is not the coach," said Chiellini. "We always let in stupid goals. The coach cannot prepare for that!

"With all due respect to Milan, we conceded three goals from dead-ball situations. It was avoidable, if only we had paid more attention."
entus defender Chiellini: Don’t blame Ferrara
:sergio:

now you know why Ciro is still there

Baggio93

Jan 22, 2004
Ahem, somebody noticed the transfer window is open ???
Maybe we got some 3-5 million to spend, I am sure even I could find 3 players for that money who will help us immediatly.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
4411 is probably the worst formation I have ever seen. Add to that a team that doesn't give a shit, numerous injuries plus 1 (poulsen) and you have the ingredients for an ass kicking. I have no will to assess the game yesterday. We all saw it, we all know what happened. The players should be punished for their play and the coach for a damn 4411...what the hell is a 4411 anyways?

Our season has turned into a Tragic Comedy....bravo.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ciro's Check-List:

1.) Out of Serie A contention and the CL before February?! Done

2.) Out of the Europa League and Coppa Italia by March?! Almost there

3.) Losing out on 4'th place to Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina, or Palermo? Possible

4.) Destroying one of Italy's football giants and converting them into the laughing stock of the peninsula and the rest of the world? Priceless!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)