[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-3 AC Milan (Jan. 10th, 2010) (2 Viewers)

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I think we can all agree that Ciro has to go, his sympathy speech over there doesn't make me feel anything other than disgust. He has too much pride to resign his spot, he has led Juventus no where.

We are now tied to Napoli in points. Roma is just behind by a point. If the board has any sense they should get rid of him now, before things get really bad and we head down to 5-6th place.

If we keep Ciro, I honestly don't think we'll make next years Champions League. I think we'll end 5th.
He dosent seem to have enough pride to resign, not the other way around.

He is a gentelman though, I wont take that from him, but so was Renieri.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I read it. I'm not picking on you.
Good. I don't know why you brought up the name of Zidane, though.

I just wanted Nedved for one more season, this season. He isn't a saviour nor a complete solution to the entire problem. The point was, he'd be a good squad player who's willing to stay as a backup player. Some members here didn't even wanted that to happen.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
He dosent seem to have enough pride to resign, not the other way around.

He is a gentelman though, I wont take that from him, but so was Renieri.
I agree with this. its his ego more than his love for the club which is keeping him from resigning. For if he had true love for the club, he would want the best for it, always...and by now. humiliation after humiliation, he can have NO DOUBT that he is not 'the best for the club'...He had a dogged desire to win as a player, that doggedness is good..but, an honourable man, with real heart for the club who do the decent thing and resign.

Jul 2, 2006
I agree with this. its his ego more than his love for the club which is keeping him from resigning. For if he had true love for the club, he would want the best for it, always...and by now. humiliation after humiliation, he can have NO DOUBT that he is not 'the best for the club'...He had a dogged desire to win as a player, that doggedness is good..but, an honourable man, with real heart for the club who do the decent thing and resign.
That's what i am trying to tell by saying he has lost his legend status. but some took it as if i personally insult him.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #707
    Nothing to add really. Seriously, it's time to go Ciro. Sure, injuries and sh*t didn't help but for a team like Juve you need an experienced coach. A guy that needs to motivate those millionaires against smaller clubs, a coach that knows how to train a club on all fronts. Ciro never coached professionally and was thrown to the lions. The guys that hired him need to be blamed also. Blanc should stick to the $$$ an d Bettega needs to act of the sporting side and that's it. Bring in Guus and use this half of season to be ready and work on all cylinders for next season.

Today probably the only guy who cared was Chiello. They looked like mummies so it's clear they don't have the coaches back. Playing Claudio on the left is another reason I don't like Ciro the coach. Let's move on and get Hiddink. Could/should have been done earlier so he would have had more time with the club and still save this season. If he arrives now then a CL spot and a Cup would be a great achievement.

Sad that we look more and more like the old :inter: while they look like Lippi's Juve.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    No, but I don't want him to just give up on it presuming it will all be ok and stop moving all together. But the difference between this example and the real one, is that Grygera was marking a man in reality, in the penalty area, for a corner. That's ten times more dangerous as a defender.

In that situation it probably would be more sensible to move out to space, but not when you are marking someone for a corner when there are more opposition players in the penalty are than any other time of the match. Add onto that there was no way that Melo would have been able to start an attack from his position, and the best he could do was clear it.

I'm not pinning the blame on Grygera at all either, it was completely awful of Melo to pull off that stunt. Defenders shouldn't give up their duty for corners.
    i am getting where you're coming from.

yeah, in this situation the "running free"/"Making a run" is not valid ... i just have something against this "you should have expected your teammate to fail and be prepared for this disaster".. i know it all to well of my own playing experience who annoying it is when people who do not know shit blame you for not expecting a teammate to fail a very simple task ...

the situation at hand was indeed bad marking, but i do not think that it has much to do with the melo mistake at all ... i think the marking was bad even before that, because before the ball even past melo i think there is no way nesta would have got so much of a advantage (in terms of distance to his marker) in that short amount of time. sloppy defending from the start.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    I think Ciro has already seen his legendary status damaged so he wants to stay and make the things alright. He doesn't want to leave like that (and he exactly said that he wants to turn the things around in his post-match interview). Problem is that the more he shows perversity, the worse the things get.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    I think Ciro has already seen his legendary status damaged so he wants to stay and make the things alright. He doesn't want to leave like that (and he exactly said that he wants to turn the things around in his post-match interview). Problem is that the more he shows perversity, the worse the things get.
    It's hard to fix what you've already broken.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Lets not kid ourselves.
    Besides Ciro, we also have serious problems in the squad. Some of our players are not good enough, not good enough yet, past it or way too injury prone.

Grosso - not good enough
    Canna - soon to be 37
    Zebina - why are we paying for someone who is 2 times available in the season?
    Brazzo - one can say his a good squad player, but when we need him, he doesnt have the qualities to change anything, so whats the point. Back in the days we got him, he might have had a point, since he was a free transfer, but now we need to move on.
    Amauri - sick of him already, want a younger all around striker
    DP - doesnt have legs to play 90 minutes anymore
    Trez - will leave anyway, or well should leave, since his injury prone
    Camo - good on his day, but has become injury prone
    Melo - so far seems like a total flop considering the money spent
    Iaquinta - not really a first choice player and also is injury prone these days

Might as well throw in Caceres, Grygera & De Ceglie since they arent really world class players. And some more but i am just too tired to think about the individual problems of certain players.

Next summer we need a RW (Camo replacements), 2 or 3 strikers (Amauri, Trez, DP), 1-2CDs (Canna is old, we need another backup), 1 LB, 1 RB, 1 midfielder, and couple of other rotation players here and there.
    I am a huge fan of some of our great players, but things need to change for JUVEs good, especially in long term.

The sad thing is, i dont know how much money we have left. But since we suffered early exit in CL, we lost lot of money there, and since we cant win scudetto we lost again lot of money. Our chances in Europe League arent good either because now things have come to a point where we must concentrate to actually finish in top 4 this season in league, but as you know Europe league games are played on Thursdays, so therefore we have less time to prepare for weekends. Add to that, Europe league will only be cause of more injures, since its quite obvious that some of our players just dont have the physics they used to have to play as often as they are asked.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    There's a serious lack of communication in this team. How many times did Poulsen and Melo collide over an arial ball? Seriously? Nobody really gave a shit the entire game barring Chiellini and even Cannavaro for a stretch. I suppose everybody else is satisfied with their $X salaries then. Whatever.

I'd really like to see the primavera squad as the starting 11 in the next match with everybody else sitting on the bench or in the stands (maybe thwarting flames, who knows?). It'll send out a message to these fucking spoilt "footballers" that from now on you'll have to play for your shirt and your hype and salary will no longer entitle you to a position in the squad. This should hold true for whoever ends up managing this sorry-ass bunch. If anyone is not satisfied with this, they can fucking leave and go play for Pescara.

And for the love of Christ, call a press silence. I don't want to read about Diego's opinions on the Scudetto race, Del Piero's bullshit optimism, Legrottaglie's view on the New Testament and its implications in football, Melo's false promises to turn his season around, Trezeguet's flip-flopping regarding his future, Amauri's Azzurri hopes (okay, buddy), Chiellini's persistence, Grosso's recollection of that night in Berlin, Blanc promising a strong 2010, and Ferrara insisting that he can fix everything. There's zero substance behind everything they say and they just make themselves look bad in the eyes of the supporters when they don't follow through. Shut your fucking mouths.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    There's a serious lack of communication in this team. How many times did Poulsen and Melo collide over an arial ball? Seriously? Nobody really gave a shit the entire game barring Chiellini and even Cannavaro for a stretch. I suppose everybody else is satisfied with their $X salaries then. Whatever.

I'd really like to see the primavera squad as the starting 11 in the next match with everybody else sitting on the bench or in the stands (maybe thwarting flames, who knows?). It'll send out a message to these fucking spoilt "footballers" that from now on you'll have to play for your shirt and your hype and salary will no longer entitle you to a position in the squad. This should hold true for whoever ends up managing this sorry-ass bunch. If anyone is not satisfied with this, they can fucking leave and go play for Pescara.

And for the love of Christ, call a press silence. I don't want to read about Diego's opinions on the Scudetto race, Del Piero's bullshit optimism, Legrottaglie's view on the New Testament and its implications in football, Melo's false promises to turn his season around, Trezeguet's flip-flopping regarding his future, Amauri's Azzurri hopes (okay, buddy), Chiellini's persistence, Grosso's recollection of that night in Berlin, Blanc promising a strong 2010, and Ferrara insisting that he can fix everything. There's zero substance behind everything they say and they just make themselves look bad in the eyes of the supporters when they don't follow through. Shut your fucking mouths.
    :tup:

Thank you. Plus rep.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    If we're going to lose like this, I rather them do something productive than sit on their asses watching Juventus perform just as bad as they did the previous game. I rather lose knowing we're building our team, than see week after week my beloved club look more pathetic and for the management to not do anything.

Get rid of Grosso, Cannavaro, Melo, Poulsen, and Amauri.

Melo gets under my skin, he's cocky and he's a pile of shit.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    So today, we lost:
    -Our last chances to keep the 2#
    -An important prestigious derby, home, against our greatest adversary, at a moment we were both pretty equal, quality wise and this game was extra important due to the points and our difference at this very moment.
    -The delusion that the "Bettega effect" can make a difference on the field at this moment.
    -Our pride/dignity to Milan, our jersey has been stained with that heavy historic defeat home and it will forever shame our history...
    -Any last fragments of respect our players had to Ciro, as a coach and our fans had to our players...
    -The assurance we had over the lesser teams, for the CL spots, we now risk losing/compromising the next season as well!
    -The five year plan illusions and the fairy tale that calciopoli did not aim and succeeded, in making us the new Inter...

O well, frankly, we all saw that coming and the ones who didnt, ought to!
    Ferrara of course stays and we all know why!
    The faster you accept this season is gone, the less you will suffer from now on.
    We didnt hit the bottom just yet, it will get worse before it gets better!
    Napoli and Ajax have to rape us first too, before its really over, but its only a matter of time...

Maybe this will benefit us and we may decide to make steps to the right direction, for a change...

As for the game it self,
    today was the day, that i finally lost hope for Melo, good for Fiorentina and the NT of Brazil that can benefit from his services, but we cant!
    I ve also lost faith to DC, he had the potential, but it was about time to start showing it, this was supposed to be his year and he failed...
    I m still mad at Amauri, i ve always knew he wasnt prolific, but could make up for his finishing with his creativity, power and determination to create his own scoring opportunities.
    As i see it, the lack of coach, make us suffer from two things, the lack of attacking plan and the lack of decent material in our defense.

I was expecting to see Amauri wasting chances, but to create none, it seems unacceptable...

-Manningher lacks match fitness, he was unsure and it showed, we know he can do better than that and im not worried...

-Grosso was bossed by Bechkam, even outrun by him, how pathetic...

-Chiellini was the only man standing worthy of the Juve jersey, it would be a disgrace if anyone else was wearing the captain's armband...

-Canna tried but, he is old...
    -Grygera, i knew that Ronaldinho would run rampant when Caceres took that card last match and Grygera did nothing to change that...

-Melo, i m soo sorry for him and us too, he should be benched, in order to find himself, but right now, we cannot afford that and we are permanently burning him. Maybe we should recall Almiron...

-Poulsen was just way of his league, he tried hard lately, to become a half decent subber but we better have a starter for these kind of matches...

-Marchisio avoided to make mistakes, by avoiding to participate in the game,
    it seemed that he survived to fight another day, but this defeat will be printed to his mentality, we are creating a new brood of losers...

-Diego was a tragic figure, the boy has tried, he really did, but... it just wasnt enough...
    Too much is expected from him and yet he fails in so many simple things.
    He is expected to score FKs like DP, aspire our team like Neddy and dictate our gameplan, like ZZ,
    but he fails to make a single shoot on target, or a successful pass on a forward...

-DP i was so sorry about him and the humiliation he got from the Romanian speakers, it wasnt fair, but life isnt either...

PC we need to start looking for a proper coach and a proper leader, no more half measures, this season is already lost, we should waste no more time and resources with quick fixes (Pazzini, Conte etc)

THE_PIRAT

May 3, 2008
    So today, we lost:
    -Our last chances to keep the 2#
    -An important prestigious derby, home, against our greatest adversary, at a moment we were both pretty equal, quality wise and this game was extra important due to the points and our difference at this very moment.
    -The delusion that the "Bettega effect" can make a difference on the field at this moment.
    -Our pride to Milan, our jersey has been stained with that heavy defeat and it will forever remember shame us...
    -Any last fragments of respect our players had to Ciro, as a coach and our fans had to our players...
    -The assurance we had over the lesser teams, for the CL spots, we now risk losing/compromising the next season as well!
    -The five year plan illusions and the fairy tale that calciopoli did not aim and succeeded, in making us the new Inter...

O well, frankly, we all saw that coming and the ones who didnt, ought to!
    Ferrara of course stays and we all know why!
    The faster you accept this season is gone, the less you will suffer from now on.
    We didnt hit the bottom just yet, it will get worse before it gets better!
    Napoli and Ajax have to rape us first too, before its really over, but its only a matter of time...

Maybe this will benefit us and decide to make steps to the right direction for a change...

As for the game it self,
    today was the day, that i finally lost hope for Melo, good for Fiorentina and the NT of Brazil that can benefit from his services, but we cant!
    I ve also lost faith to DC, he had the potential, but it was about time to start showing it, this was supposed to be his year and he failed...
    I m still mad at Amauri, i ve always knew he wasnt prolific, but could make up for his finishing with his creativity, power and determination to create his own scoring opportunities.
    As i see it, the lack of coach, make us suffer from two things, the lack of attacking plan and the lack of decent material in our defense.

I was expecting to see Amauri wasting chances, but to create none, it seems unacceptable...

-Manningher lacks match fitness, he was unsure and it showed, we know he can do better than that and im not worried...
    -Grosso was bossed by Bechkam, even outrun by him, how pathetic...
    -Chiellini was the only man standing worthy of the Juve jersey, it would be a disgrace if anyone else was wearing the captain's armband...
    -Canna tried but, he is old...
    -Grygera, i knew that Ronaldinho would run rampant when Caceres took that card last match and Grygera did nothing to change that...
    -Melo, i m soo sorry for him and us too, he should be benched, in order to find himself, but right now, we cannot afford that and we are permanently burning him. Maybe we should recall Almiron...
    -Poulsen was just way of his league, he tried hard lately, to become a half decent subber but we better have a starter for these kind of matches...
    -Marchisio avoided to make mistakes, by avoiding to participate in the game,
    it seemed that he survived to fight another day, but this defeat will be printed to his mentality, we are creating a new brood of losers...
    -Diego was a tragic figure, the boy has tried, he really did, but... it just wasnt enough...
    Too much is expected from him and yet he fails in so many simple things.
    He is expected to score FKs like DP, aspire our team like Neddy and dictate our gameplan, like ZZ,
    but he fails to make a single shoot on target, or a successful pass on a forward...
    -DP i was so sorry about him and the humiliation he got from the Romanian speakers, it wasnt fair, but life isnt either...
    -We also lost some chairs in the stands seriosly what was with all that fire on the stands?

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    we are actually becoming fc hollywood

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    :D

Word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)