[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (2 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Where are you guys getting this from?????

Poulsen turned the ball over more than five times, then got beat for the first goal. He was HORRIBLE in the first half.
Grosso was beaten in the air once and the other was legro....

in the second half, mesto out run poulsen and another player to play his cross.

He was doing good during the first half and most of the second half..
i particularly focused on him because my cousin(an interista) was watching the game with me and told me that poulsen is not as bad as we make him out to be, he never really had the chance to prove himself. so i watched him closely

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
few points from todays game:
1- we played alright. Not superbly but good enough to deserve a win.
2- without diego, giovinco and del piero and playing away to a tough team we managed to create a decent amount of chances for our forwards.
3- marchisio is worth his weight in gold
4- poulsen is rubbish. We should forget he is available and play marone instead.
5- i can safely say trezeguet is back. His touches today the way he ran with and without the ball. And his build up for chiellini's disallowed goal and scoring in less than 15 of playing time was verygood.
6- we need more concentration at the back. Those two goals shouldn't have gone in.
7- did i say poulesn is worthless
8- amauri really need to get back to scoring road so he can go make peace with himself..
9- i am not very pleased we didn't win..
10- since the begining of our campaign this match is the biggest one you could feel del piero's abscence in. We lacked solidity and humility up front. We lacked someone who could shoot a free kick and we lacked someone who could take with him a few defenderd to reduce the pressure on our defense.
Agreed 100%. :tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Grosso was beaten in the air once and the other was legro....

in the second half, mesto out run poulsen and another player to play his cross.

He was doing good during the first half and most of the second half..
i particularly focused on him because my cousin(an interista) was watching the game with me and told me that poulsen is not as bad as we make him out to be, he never really had the chance to prove himself. so i watched him closely
:bianconero:

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
great game really entairtaining, here's my first analysis ever.
+++
1- iaquinta, very good game scored twice, one disallowed, moved and run very well.
2-marchisio, i doubted that he had much technique, i was watching a game with a freind of mine, his a fan of barça, watching marhcisio he said to me that he have a bright future ahead of him he can be one of the greatest
3-created many chances , with both diego, giovinco, and delpiero missing, also with the negative play of camoranesi
(--)
1-amauri not scoring again, and it's starting to get to him, showed nothing today
2-we couldn't defend the wingers of genoa, sculli and mesto
3-poulsen enough said
4-we could've one easily, if we believed in it

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Buffon - Not much to do, had a good save on a shot from distance. Could do nothing to prevent the goals. 6
Grygera - Decent at the back, offers nothing in attack. 5,5
Legro - Average, could have done better on the second goal, although Crespo's header was superb. 5,5
Chiellini - Better then Legro, but average as well seeing what he's capable of. A few good interceptions, but wasn't his all conquering self. 6
Grosso - Could/should have done better on Genoa's first goal. Very good delivery with his freekicks, wasted the last one though and should get involved more upfront, didn't notice any crosses from him from open play. 6-
Poulsen - Decent the first 15min. Disaster from then on. STOP IT WITH THE LONG BALLS, YOU'RE NOT XABI ALONSO FFS. This guy just doesn't realise he cant send a good ball in the box. It wouldn't bother me if he did his defensive job, but he sucked at that as well. Tiago should play instead of this guy, heck even Marrone would be a better choice. I honestly thought Poulsen would step it up this season and be a good back-up, but so far he's been dreadful. 4
Melo - Good in the first half, average in the second. He needs to control his temper. 6+
Marchisio - Awesome performance. Owning defenders, helping out the defence and never stopped running, my Man of the Match 7,5
Camo - Needed too much time to control the ball, was his nonchalant self and lost the ball too many times. Had some nice moves though and a good dummy for Iaquinta's goal. 6-
Iaquinta - Great game, never stopped running and scored a well taken goal. He should have scored atleast one more though. 7,5
Amauri - Did nothing right, horrible game by him. He needs some time on the bench. 5
Giovinco - Didn't have much possession. -
Trez - Clinical Trez, should have come on sooner to replace Amauri and should definitely start against Bologna. 7
Ferrara - Good starting XI, late subs. 6

Overall, not a very bad performance. Should have scored atleast 2 more goals. The first offside call was a though one, even after watching the replay and pictures it still isn't clear. Meh, maybe in such cases the attacking team should get the advantage. But still, we could have won this match with the chances we got. Iaquinta's 1on1 with the keeper, Amauri 2 headers off target. Genoa had like 3shots on goal and they score twice.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
Why can't people just give Genoa an ounce of credit?
first time i agree with you on something...eone seems to forget they have a great and outstanding coach in gasperini who completely outwitted ciro today imo

plus their defence i though was solid and the likes of mesto,zapater were impressive

we had a bad game plain and simple and ciro waiting till the last 10-15 min to make a sub was retarded esp since the first change was forced through by marchisio's injury which should have never happened bcuz he should have been rested earlier with him playing 90min in and out every game

overall a complete disaster of a performance form poulsen...how he suits up is beyond me

camo...hes finished,honestly hes still got the touch but his turtle like pace and his lack of fighting for a loose ball along with the dozen of misplaced passes...the genoa defence got the better of him nearly every time tonight

legro and chiellini just dont seem as tough a unit as chiellini and canna

and ffs amauri has to be benched...hes way outta form nowadays and its painful to know he hasnt scored an official goal since feb!!!

and lastly ciro!!what a disappointment the last few games have been

against a lazio team w/o a strikeforce we won with a few lucky bounces at the end
against bordeaux..he failed to cope with their pace and counter attacking prowess and was outwitted by his counterpart in blanc

against livorno it looked like they thought it was a training session

and today esp after the first goal which came so early u wouldve expected him to push for a 2nd goal to put some distance between us and them but again he seemed to ant to hold onto a 1-0 result which is never a safe bet and his lack of subs with the likes of grosso,marchisio and melo apparently out of breath puzzles me

our game against bayern i fear will not end on a good note for us

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I said this before, and i will say it again. This Juve team looks extremely vulnerable to attacks from the flank, it was evident against Bordeaux and it was evident today against Genoa.

Ferrara really needs to do work on that imo.
I see this too.. Other than this game and Bordeaux game, i also see we vulnerable in flanks against Roma and Lazio although we won that match. I remember how Cassetti, Cerci, Menez in Roma game and Foggia, Kolarov attacking our flanks.

At that time we said that De Ceglie (in Roma game) and Caceres (Lazio game) are played bad game.. and now we all blame on Grosso. Do you think this might be because Ferrara defense system? or because that our fullback are incompetent in defense?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Was anyone else pulling their hair out right at the end when we got a free kick, and Grosso passed the ball to Poulsen for some stupid reason instead of putting a ball into the box? :lazy:

His crosses from dangerous positions were giving Genoa trouble all day, but he chose to ruin our very last chance by forcing the referee to blow his whistle as soon as the kick was taken.

Stupid.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Good comeback, but we were really poor, especially in the first half. The problem is that we are supposed to be a possession team, but we couldn't really get a hold of the ball due to stupid giveaways in the first half. Genoa does a good job spreading the ball and attacking from everywhere with speed, so what we needed to do was hold the ball more, not give it away. Second half was a bit more controlled, we had more possession, but still suffered from similar problems as in the first.

Another problem we have is that we don't take our chances. Amauri seemingly can't hit the broad side of a barn and Iaquinta probably has a scoring rate of 1 out of 6 chances. It's just not good enough and costs us points. Moreover, the defense really needs some work, as usual.

It was a fair result. Don't blame the referee again.

Buffon - Great saves as usual. Couldn't do anything about the goals. 6.5

Grygera - Give me Zebina. 5.5

Legro - Just... Legro. Legro my Egg roll, Legro. 5.5

Chiellini - Makes a good tackle, then decides to shoot the ball into the stands like a bonehead. Needs to make better decisions. 6.5

Grosso - Bad marking, but that should be expected with him. He needs to get up the flank more. 5.5

Poulsen - There's no point in playing this guy if he doesn't do his job, which is not giving the ball away and stopping people defensively. At fault for the first goal. Probably the worst player on the pitch, doing us more harm than good. 4

Melo - Great first half, got stuck in well, beast as usual. Could have done better in the second. 7

Marchisio - Really nice stuff from him with the ball tonight. Good passes and crossing, not to mention he made the first goal. 7.5

Camoranesi - Looked decent in the first half especially with the dummy, but second half was a disaster. 6

Amauri - Really having trouble out there. Seems like it's getting to him. 5.5

Iaquinta - Good goal, but just isn't lethal enough. Stopped playing before the whistle and didn't give Amauri an easy tap in. 6

Giovinco - Made a couple decent moves, but didn't get the ball much. 6

Trezeguet - This guy needs to start. He will be crucial to our success this season because wow... HE CAN TAKE HIS CHANCES! 7.5

Ferrara - Took too long to make subs. 5

Good comeback, but we need to do better. Much better.
Agreed on all points, especially the bolded part. That's our biggest problem so far, lack of finishing. Iaquinta is playing well but he is too selfish, I doubt him and Trez would have made much of a difference...probably would since Trez needs very little to score, unlike Amauri. But point is, Iaquinta is very often a lot SELFISH. Even if he does score, he misses a lot and wastes chances that could have been put to better use, like passing into the box. That's why we need DP back, so we can really mix up our strikers, who are undoubtedly quality, just all of them don't compliment each other perfectly.

Perhaps we should start something like this against Bologna:

Camoranesi - Melo - Marchisio

Iaquinta - Giovinco
Trezeguet​

A little on the offensive side, but with Trez up there hopefully we'd take our chances and Iaquinta can offer a lot with his speed coming from the flanks, as longs as he keeps his head up and looks for players, before going solo. It may sound a little harsh since he's obviously our best striker currently, but at times he reminds me of our very own Ivica Olic. Scores, squanders a lot and with the ball at his feet, there's no one else on the pitch, but him and the wind in his hair.

Imagine what this team would have done tonight

Buffon
Zebina Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso
Sissoko Melo Marchisio
Diego
Trezeguet Del Piero (C)​
1:5
Diego 2 goals
DP 1 goal
Trez 2 goals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)