[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (2 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Entertaining, exciting & tense game yesterday evening, both teams really went for it. I can live with the result, but how did we manage to not win this one? Some easy chances missed & goals disallowed on our part and clinical finishing on Genoa's part, that's how.
Overall I think the referee & his assistants were pretty good (maybe a little harsh on both sides though) but we kinda got screwed here.

Buffon 5,5 - 3 attempts on target resulted in 2 goals. While I'm not blaming Gigi here (maybe he could have done better on the 2nd?), those numbers are just not great.
Grygera 6,5 - Pretty good game, rarely troubled.
Legrottaglie 6,5 - Almost always did what he had to. Liked his presence
Chiellini 6,5 - Some awkward moments but overall good game, especially in the 2nd half.
Grosso 5,5 - Thought he started the game really well. But he got beaten quite easily on the goal and from that moment on it looked like he lost his concentration resulting in some other difficult moments. His decision making on the last free kick of the night also leaves a lot to be desired.
Camoranesi 5 - Had a very promising start to the game, but he once again disappointed. Very sloppy in almost everything he did. Was furious at him some times: At 1-1, we lose the ball in midfield, Camo decides he doesn't want to run and leaves Marchisio (who already had a cramp a few moments back) to chase down the opponent. Marchisio (understandably) once again suffers a cramp and can't continue. That's the sign for Camo to once again start running, at a leisurely pace. By the end of the move the score was 1-2.
Melo 6,5 - Not his best game, but still more than ok. He should keep things simpler at times though.
Poulsen 6 - Impressive start but faded out gradually. Overall a useful game.
Marchisio 8 - :shocked:
Amauri 5 - Worked as hard as always, but things are just not working out for him. Missed 2 extremely easy headers to top it of. He will be back though, I'm sure.
Iaquinta 7 - Would have been Mom, were it not for Claudio. Good game, excellent at times. There's a good reason why he's an international.

Giovinco 5,5 - Mostly invisible in the little time he was given.
Trezeguet - Not on the pitch long enough to rate him, but he was very influential (huge understatement here)

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Buffon 5,5 - 3 attempts on target resulted in 2 goals. While I'm not blaming Gigi here (maybe he could have done better on the 2nd?), those numbers are just not great.

At most he made 1 bad save for the second, the first goal was as accurate a header as I've ever seen,nobody could have saved that.

I'm satisfied with the result, It's tough at Genoa and we could have won but overall a draw is a fair result.

What concerns me is that our team is not getting used to the 4-3-1-2 as quickly as they should, this week they took a step backwards. I just can't endorse Legro at CB, he's woefull for this level. As for Poulsen, all he can do is act as a "Wall" that our other players can bounce the ball back on. We are also lacking pace, did you see Marchisios run in the 2nd half, none of our players are doing that regularly enough, Melo at Roma is the last time I remember.

Overall, Room For Improvement Don't Dispair, Refs Are Dickheads

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I'm not sure what happened during this match as I didn't watch it and just got home. But on the face value of this result it's good considering this is one of the most difficult matches we have. Genoa away is a nightmare for any team, I think they lost just twice at home last season so to say we got out alive with a point is good, take the positives from this, work on the weaknesses and move on, don't dwell on it.
Obviously a win would have been super though :D

Luca

Apr 22, 2007

At most he made 1 bad save for the second, the first goal was as accurate a header as I've ever seen,nobody could have saved that.

I'm satisfied with the result, It's tough at Genoa and we could have won but overall a draw is a fair result.

What concerns me is that our team is not getting used to the 4-3-1-2 as quickly as they should, this week they took a step backwards. I just can't endorse Legro at CB, he's woefull for this level. As for Poulsen, all he can do is act as a "Wall" that our other players can bounce the ball back on. We are also lacking pace, did you see Marchisios run in the 2nd half, none of our players are doing that regularly enough, Melo at Roma is the last time I remember.

Overall, Room For Improvement Don't Dispair, Refs Are Dickheads
ok, I looked at our team and that's not usually where camo plays, that playmaker role is vital to the success of our team, if he didn't work well there then we didn't look good, I'm taking this as giovinco vs lazio, he did ok but we had to grind out the result instead of doing what we did to Roma.

Jul 2, 2006
I was wondering when will some .... assasinate our Scudetto hope again. why discussing football and mercato while outcome is obvious even before the match. Shit happens when you don't question season 2007/2008. imagine it, if inter were harmed by referee how whole italy would be inflamed by jose mourinho the very special cunt. i see Ferrara is talking about it but that's not enough because they know, tomorrow nobody will remember it. if we lose the Scudetto it won't be because of squad depth, injuries or our average full backs. There is a huge gap between us and inter when it comes to off-pitch action and we have to close it. Fuck your ethic code and fair play if that means we shall see another 2007/2008. i won't even talk about how we couldn't take last minute free kick, it took 2 minutes to take a free kick for genoa a few minutes before last whistle.

maybe i am overreacting after our first draw but farsopoli thing is still haunting us and after seeing Milito's off-side goal and our disallowed goal i think it won't be last time.

as for our team on the pitch, i don't want to see Poulsen here after the january. i hope we can do something about it. maybe barcelona are fool enough to take him as Keita/Toure back up. We have also a Tiago who is earning a lot but adding nothing. replace these two with one reliable midfielder in january. We need Sissoko, Diego and Del Piero immediately or we will lose more points.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I was wondering when will some .... assasinate our Scudetto hope again. why discussing football and mercato while outcome is obvious even before the match. Shit happens when you don't question season 2007/2008. imagine it, if inter were harmed by referee how whole italy would be inflamed by jose mourinho the very special cunt. i see Ferrara is talking about it but that's not enough because they know, tomorrow nobody will remember it. if we lose the Scudetto it won't be because of squad depth, injuries or our average full backs. There is a huge gap between us and inter when it comes to off-pitch action and we have to close it. Fuck your ethic code and fair play if that means we shall see another 2007/2008. i won't even talk about how we couldn't take last minute free kick, it took 2 minutes to take a free kick for genoa a few minutes before last whistle.

maybe i am overreacting after our first draw but farsopoli thing is still haunting us and after seeing Milito's off-side goal and our disallowed goal i think it won't be last time.

as for our team on the pitch, i don't want to see Poulsen here after the january. i hope we can do something about it. maybe barcelona are fool enough to take him as Keita/Toure back up. We have also a Tiago who is earning a lot but adding nothing. replace these two with one reliable midfielder in january. We need Sissoko, Diego and Del Piero immediately or we will lose more points.
Mourinho is smart. He's bitching and moaning about everything because he knows that with some refs it will work and in a close scudetto race his bitching and moaning might be the reason why Inter will win the scudetto.
Some refs won't pay attention to it, but some will, and it's enough. They know that Mourinho will react strongly after every tiny mistake against Inter or in favor of Inter's rivals so unless they're 100% sure about the call, they will give all the 50-50 decisions in Inter's favor or against Juve.
Not all of them of course, only some of them. Maybe only 4-5 of them in 38 rounds.
But, as i said, in a close scudetto race it might be enough.

Anyway, i won't be speculating anything and i won't go with conspiracy theories. I'll only go with facts. The fact is that Inter scored their second goal after a crystal clear offside while what should have been our second goal was disallowed for an offside that never was.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Btw, i'm not talking about bribed refs here. Of course, not. I'm talking about weak characters that easily fall under pressure and Mourinho easily puts them under pressure.
We should do the same. Criticize the calls all the time, make us look like victims if needed, and completely ignore what Mourinho says in the meantime. Just the refs, not Mourinho. He can't stand being ignored and he might make mistakes then.

Jul 2, 2006
Mourinho is smart. He's bitching and moaning about everything because he knows that with some refs it will work and in a close scudetto race his bitching and moaning might be the reason why Inter will win the scudetto.
Some refs won't pay attention to it, but some will, and it's enough. They know that Mourinho will react strongly after every tiny mistake against Inter or in favor of Inter's rivals so unless they're 100% sure about the call, they will give all the 50-50 decisions in Inter's favor or against Juve.
Not all of them of course, only some of them. Maybe only 4-5 of them in 38 rounds.
But, as i said, in a close scudetto race it might be enough.

Anyway, i won't be speculating anything and i won't go with conspiracy theories. I'll only go with facts. The fact is that Inter scored their second goal after a crystal clear offside while what should have been our second goal was disallowed for an offside that never was.
That's what i am saying. we should put pressure on referees. if dondarini and bergonzi are still working that is an insult for us and encourage for others.

breeza10

Jul 16, 2009
Satisfied with the draw but unless we learn how to control matches (possesion and tempo) all the talk we are having in this forum will be useless because we wont win anything.

I lost count the amount of times we gave the ball back after wining it and also we got serius problems on the wings and im not looking forward to Ribery vs Grosso and Robben vs Grygera.

SISSOKO PLZ CUM BK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Btw, i'm not talking about bribed refs here. Of course, not. I'm talking about weak characters that easily fall under pressure and Mourinho easily puts them under pressure.
We should do the same. Criticize the calls all the time, make us look like victims if needed, and completely ignore what Mourinho says in the meantime. Just the refs, not Mourinho. He can't stand being ignored and he might make mistakes then.
Ferrara is a class act. No need to fall into the Mourinho mould. I would be dissapointed if he did.

Jan 7, 2004
Was anyone else pulling their hair out right at the end when we got a free kick, and Grosso passed the ball to Poulsen for some stupid reason instead of putting a ball into the box? :lazy:

His crosses from dangerous positions were giving Genoa trouble all day, but he chose to ruin our very last chance by forcing the referee to blow his whistle as soon as the kick was taken.

Stupid.

the free kick taken on the second goal i was yelling and pulling my hair to get giovinco to go for the shot. second one i was so confident a cross from grosso would have gotten us the third and what does he do :disagree: :crazy:

either way, i now have considerably less hair

a very entertaining game to watch though

Jun 13, 2007
I think a draw at Genoa is always a satisfactory result for any team. In fact, I believe they are probably the third strongest team in serie A at the moment along with La Viola. Roma are struggling and Milan, well, let's not even talk about Milan. Despite the unfavourable circumstances due to idiotic refereeing and an incomplete team , we managed, to a great degree, to elimintate a respectable percentage of their danger in attack. We restricted them to playing on the flanks with only glimmers of hope that the ball end up in the right place. Fortune favoured them on the night, twice. Well, partly due to bad marking on our part.

And offensively, we were by far the more dangerous team going forward. And I think had Iaquinta finished off that sitter after the score was tied 1-1, we would have finished them off with ease. I think on the night, both teams played well and put a lot of energy. We can still be better, which is encouraging.

One player, who for me, was the undisputable MOM was Marchisio. His performance last night gave me goosebumps. There was one point during the game that was particularly special for me, it was when he dribbled the ball from our 10 yard line across the entire pitch, skipping past one player, and playing a clever through ball in for Amauri. After that, play was stopped die to a substitution and Marchisio bent over with his hands on his knees and his face smothered in sweat, he was absolutely exhausted. At the moment, the look on his face truly said it all. The guy really plays his heart out every single game, he does it out of sheer passion for the club. Soon after the substitution, he stood up tall and amazingly mustered enough energy to sprint untill he truly reached his limit and was subbed out for Seba. And it was after that moment that I realized this guy is quickly becoming my favourite Juventus player. I love his attitude and determination, his talent is beyond question, his performances as of late have been uplifted and he seems to grow after every game he plays. Hopefully, this guy will become an all time Juventus great.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
What's done is done... The referee cost us victory yesterday thats for sure, but thats it... Lets just hope this kind of mistakes arent going to happen anymore. We can now focus on Bologna, Genoa game is past us. We should win this one with ease IMO (time for 3+ victory). It will be nice to see Diego and Alex get some minutes, and Amauri to score.. Its about time ffs... :) And I really think Samp can cost a lot of problems to Merda also.. pretty fucked up away game for them.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sissoko is going to help us break play up much easier but is by no means the answer to our problems. That's Diego, our game is so much smoother when he is involved.

gâu_

nth.juventini
May 28, 2009
I think a draw at Genoa is always a satisfactory result for any team. In fact, I believe they are probably the third strongest team in serie A at the moment along with La Viola. Roma are struggling and Milan, well, let's not even talk about Milan. Despite the unfavourable circumstances due to idiotic refereeing and an incomplete team , we managed, to a great degree, to elimintate a respectable percentage of their danger in attack. We restricted them to playing on the flanks with only glimmers of hope that the ball end up in the right place. Fortune favoured them on the night, twice. Well, partly due to bad marking on our part.

And offensively, we were by far the more dangerous team going forward. And I think had Iaquinta finished off that sitter after the score was tied 1-1, we would have finished them off with ease. I think on the night, both teams played well and put a lot of energy. We can still be better, which is encouraging.

One player, who for me, was the undisputable MOM was Marchisio. His performance last night gave me goosebumps. There was one point during the game that was particularly special for me, it was when he dribbled the ball from our 10 yard line across the entire pitch, skipping past one player, and playing a clever through ball in for Amauri. After that, play was stopped die to a substitution and Marchisio bent over with his hands on his knees and his face smothered in sweat, he was absolutely exhausted. At the moment, the look on his face truly said it all. The guy really plays his heart out every single game, he does it out of sheer passion for the club. Soon after the substitution, he stood up tall and amazingly mustered enough energy to sprint untill he truly reached his limit and was subbed out for Seba. And it was after that moment that I realized this guy is quickly becoming my favourite Juventus player. I love his attitude and determination, his talent is beyond question, his performances as of late have been uplifted and he seems to grow after every game he plays. Hopefully, this guy will become an all time Juventus great.
Good writting :smoke:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)