[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (5 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
when the fuck did Genoa 'dominate' the game? even when they were pressing us in the 1st half, we looked more of a thread on the counter attack...they got fuckin' lucky, that's all

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
when the fuck did Genoa 'dominate' the game? even when they were pressing us in the 1st half, we looked more of a thread on the counter attack...they got fuckin' lucky, that's all
Genoa took advantage of our mistakes, that's what Gasperini said in the pre-game, that's where he'll focus to play. He knows his team is inferior to ours.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Oh, and it was a terrible decision to pass the ball to Poulsen in the last second. Grosso's free kicks and set pieces overall were constant threat and with the risk of the ref blowing his whistle if there won't be a cross, which eventually happened, it was hard to understand why Grosso did what he did (and a pass to Poulsen of all people!).
Maybe he saw everyone well marked or something, but it's no excuse.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We're not behind Inter, in Serie A it's not the goal difference that decides.
Its the damn alphabet that gets me....

No, but they did score two more goals than us.....I know it doesn't make the "difference"...I just don't like seeing them ahead of us...i can see their arrogant press conferences coming out now.

Looks like inter cruises to its next schudetto on the trot...

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Whats worrying is not only that Poulsen was bad today, but he is constantly our worst player on the pitch, even worse than the usual suspects (Grygera, Tiago)

Most of the players have improved under Ciro's coaching, Poulsen seems to be negatively affected though (maybe Giovinco too)
It is a known fact that i ve always called Poulsen a waste of resources.
But i was hoping that he will replace Zanetti's place in our squad
and become a useful sub, always ready/handy to offer solutions.

His displays so far though, were so bad, i would rather see Tiago instead...
Poulsen had a good 1st half..... then he just got too tired........

Juve's worst player is tiago...always has and always will be

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
few points from todays game:
1- we played alright. Not superbly but good enough to deserve a win.
2- without diego, giovinco and del piero and playing away to a tough team we managed to create a decent amount of chances for our forwards.
3- marchisio is worth his weight in gold
4- poulsen is rubbish. We should forget he is available and play marone instead.
5- i can safely say trezeguet is back. His touches today the way he ran with and without the ball. And his build up for chiellini's disallowed goal and scoring in less than 15 of playing time was verygood.
6- we need more concentration at the back. Those two goals shouldn't have gone in.
7- did i say poulesn is worthless
8- amauri really need to get back to scoring road so he can go make peace with himself..
9- i am not very pleased we didn't win..
10- since the begining of our campaign this match is the biggest one you could feel del piero's abscence in. We lacked solidity and humility up front. We lacked someone who could shoot a free kick and we lacked someone who could take with him a few defenderd to reduce the pressure on our defense.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Oh, and it was a terrible decision to pass the ball to Poulsen in the last second. Grosso's free kicks and set pieces overall were constant threat and with the risk of the ref blowing his whistle if there won't be a cross, which eventually happened, it was hard to understand why Grosso did what he did (and a pass to Poulsen of all people!).
Maybe he thought that if he(grosso) hits it, ref will blow when the ball is in the air. Kind of like when there is last seconds and the ball goes out of play and keeper hits the goal kick in the air.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The ref should have added 1 extra minute atleast because he stopped game play during our 4 minutes for about 1:10 minute... he also should have given us the chance to have 1 last attempt from the foul but he didn't.

I watched Man Utd and Man City......
Ref gave 3 minutes extra for UTD which wasn't fair; it was 1 minute extra than he should have...
Today i expected atleast 1 minute because its what we deserve i dont expect favors... atleast let us complete the last shot

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Genoa took advantage of our mistakes, that's what Gasperini said in the pre-game, that's where he'll focus to play. He knows his team is inferior to ours.
yea,they got lucky.... :crazy:

they scored 2 good goals, no doubt, and the way they hustled and ran after everything, they really gave us a tough examination...but when I read that Genoa 'dominated' the game, well that's a load of crap...they were nonexistent in the 2nd half, and did not creat any real chances other than the 2 times they hit the back of the net

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I thought they played a really smart game, they move the ball pretty well and they have a nice vision to the game. They are foxes and they know where to bite.
Although i would have agreed with you few months ago, poulsen has proven himself as the worst player on the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)