[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (5 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Don't agree with that at all. We were piss poor passing the ball in midfield today, partly because of you know whom.

Roma was the best match thus far, IMO.
Apart from Poulsen and the first 20 minutes where Poulsen was good, our passing was excellent. Don't forget, against Roma we had Diego and that adds a lot to the overall game.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Whenever poulsen received the ball it looked as though his brain shut down. He had no idea where to put it...instead, he sends it long:sergio:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I dare to say this is our best match too, Roma is very weak, Genoa was much tougher, if our two points weren't stolen, no one would disagree about this.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i saw the match and from my assessment we were robbed today. i'm not one to complain about tertiary factors but today those factors prevented us from leaving with 3pts.

genoa has a very impressive squad this year and i will be the 1st to admit that i sorely underestimated them until today. but that is no excuse for us conceding 2 headers.

we started off real hot with vinny's opening goal, but i wish we kept gunning for another. with our early start and players like poulsen not showing up to play, we are the victims of our own circumstance.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What do you mean by solid? We almost lost the match...
Sometimes it happens to completely outplay your opponent and draw the match, even lose.
Yes, we almost lost but it takes nothing away from the way we played in big part of the match, how we pressured them, how we created enough chances to score 4 or 5 and how we allowed little to Genoa (considering how much they usually create at home).
Had Iaquinta's goal been allowed you all would have sang another song.

Anyway....
We had more possession (51%-49%)
Shots on target (Juve 8 - Genoa 3)
Shots wide (Juve 7 - Genoa 4)
Corners (Juve 8 - Genoa 3)

We created great chances at 1:0 (two free headers missed by Amauri), we had chances at 1:1 (even a disallowed goal) and eventually we came back in situation when 99% of the teams will crush (Napoli were completely destroyed when they went 1:2 after leading 1:0).

We played a solid match and i blame the lose of 2pts (yes, i don't think we won a point tonight. I think we lost 2, because we deserved to win) on the attackers for not being clinical enough.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Two goals conceded doesnt coincide with best match to me. Liked our counters though.
If our second goal counted, they wouldn't counter attack that and score. The match was probably going to end 2-1. Imagine how would you react now, I won't let the referee change my opinion about this match because of that wrong decision.

Mar 14, 2004
Only against Roma we played better (Diego?). Against Chievo and Livorno we had good first half and boring (against Livorno) and nervous (against Chievo) second half. Against Bordeaux we were bad and against Lazio we were average.
Today we were solid.
We were tragic....on moments it looked like a domination game for Genoa. Some people give Poulsen rating 6? First neurology please.

Guy started well and then misplaced cca 50 passes till the end of the game.

Our whole team looks shaky and only time we played good was against Roma....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)