[Serie A] Fiorentina 4-2 JUVENTUS (October 20, 2013) (27 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Okay, after some claming down, I might have overestimated this game a bit.
In fact, it wasn't so different than last years games against Merda and Sampdoria. Yeah, remember when we were up 1:0 against freaking 10 Sampdorians, and still managed to lose? To be honest, that was worse than today, and we still went on to win the scudetto. True, there was less competition, and in some ways this was just a singular occurence, not like this year, where the contemplacency was all over our last few games, but still, maybe we're reading too much into this.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Yuckerini

Sep 25, 2013
despite the defensive melt downs, and Gigi's howlers there are some positive points to take from this.

Llorente created many chances for others and should've had 2-4 assists.
Pirlo was decent today and made very intelligent passes, Pogba scored a great goal and you can tell he is hungry. Marchisio despite missing his chance made some decent runs, and linked up with with Llorente.

Tevez was great as always, and before the 2nd goal, our defense was
solid.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
despite the defensive melt downs, and Gigi's howlers there are some positive points to take from this.

Llorente created many chances for others and should've had 2-4 assists.
Pirlo was decent today and made very intelligent passes, Pogba scored a great goal and you can tell he is hungry. Marchisio despite missing his chance made some decent runs, and linked up with with Llorente.

Tevez was great as always, and before the 2nd goal, our defense was
solid

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I just think that this result has been coming all season. We're not playing with the authority we used to and we look completely toothless...

Our opponents have worked out our predictable attacking play and the intensity has dropped amongst our players. Last year we ran teams ragged for 70 minutes until they were exhausted and then destroyed them. This term we seem to consistently have less possession and its us that capitulate.

Also buffons form is worrying, he used to be worth 12 points a season on his own, the last 2 years I honestly think he's been worth -6 and this season looks set to be even worse for him

Jun 13, 2007
Two things to say. First, this is exactly the result we need. A good kick up the ass is just what we need to wake the Fuck up. hopefully, this can be our turning point.

Second, people blasted me once for saying Buffon is past his best. I hope this game is a testament to some who doubt that he has become a liability. I love him and he's a legend, but he's a shadow of his former self, and If it wasn't for our terrific defense in the past few seasons, toys fact would have been exposed a long time ago.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
"You can not even say that the turning point was the questionable penalty of 1 to 2 Rizzoli granted by the team of Montella: after that the Bianconeri were still in the game, concentrated, conscious of being the strongest.
It can be said, however, that the turning point has arrived a little later, because when you have the race under control and still a harmless shot turns into goals, psychological inertia of the game that can not be reversed. What has happened? What, unfortunately for Juventus, it happens in preseason: Buffon is in crisis, the team builds and he is unable to safeguard their work."

http://controcampo.sportmediaset.it/wpmu/2013/10/20/juve-ora-buffon-e-un-problema/#more-2968

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Only could watch the first 50 mins today. I honestly do not understand how we could have lost this.

We were very comfortable in that time, hitting well on the counter. I genuinely could not have faulted any of our players in that time.

What a collapse.

Lets be honest, we had been stuttering in this season, maybe such a collapse will be the catalyst for our season e.g. Inter last year

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #674
    As disturbing as this game was, maybe this is what we needed. Because if we won, there'd be no real pressure to change or to give the players an ass kicking. And winning 2-0 today would've just papered up the cracks.

Look at our goals. A soft penalty and a 1 in a hundred defensive fuck up + favourable deflection. Our build up play is pretty much serie B level at times. Our midfield has the pressing abilities of a dead cat and our defence + GK is in a shambles atm
    Yet Conte is still saying the opposite and he is blaming football for "strange" 15 minutes.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    I absolutely killed my sleeping pattern for that piece of shit game. I still cannot believe that game panned out the way it did. Furious beyond all belief. Something is badly wrong with this team and it's been evident since round 2 this season. Serious question marks above plenty of players and the coach.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #676
    Score in the thread, man of match and Real thread please
    @JuveJay

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    He's in denial ffs

Love the guy but he seems to chalk defeats off to unavoidable magic and witchcraft.

Never, ever does he offer up a suggestion as to what has to change. Aside from 'concentration'

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    I'm speechless. Nothing works in this team as it should. From determination though concentration, organization of the game and tactics. Everyone is to blame here and Conte too. Now he's in a situation with no way out because I doubt he will try something new vs Madrid. People who say 352 is not the problem here are wrong. This team can't string 5 passes successfully and it's embarrassing for champs of Italy.

I'm not really looking forward to the game vs Real. As I said before we probably will get smashed there with such poor organization and attitude.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
    Guys lets be honest, we seem to concede without being in real danger. Today we conceded 3 goals in 5 minutes for christ sake. Ofcourse it was a miracle, i'm not saying Conte doesn't need to change a couple of things and all that. But you have to admit we've been conceding far too many goals if you take in to account how many chances each team creates against us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)