[Serie A] Chievo - Juventus (18 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
The thing is that theres a HUGE diference between the team that played against Real and the team that played against Chievo, we played a smart and great game against Real... against Chievop we didn't play at all...

We didn't win the game against Real Madrid with lukc, we won it coz we were the best team in the field...

and another thing, in case that you didn't notice, I don't think that we were lucky against Chievo, I think that we won it coz at the end Chievo was more worry for the referee than for what Juve could have done...

But like someone said in this thread... a win its a win, so now lets try to forget (I don't think the media its going to lets us forget) this game and move on

Oh, and one more thing, I agree with Andy, Paparesta its a joke

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
We started well but Chievo played with a five man midfield in the first half and were able to stiffle most of our attacks. They took the game to us in the second period and had a perfectly good goal disallowed. We were fortunate, no two ways about it, but fatigue was certainly a factor following a vicious match in Rome and a tense 120 minutes against Real.

Thuram and Cannavaro were solid as always and Zambrotta had a good game in both defence and attack. Buffon didn't have a lot to do and Zebina has been better, while Camoranesi's virtuoso performance in midweek seemingly took quite a bit out of him. Emerson was reliable and Blasi was ok. Del Piero was our best attacker and impressed in the first half particularly. Zalayeta struggled a bit and Trezeguet was invisible.

Ratings:

Buffon - 6
Zebina - 5.5
Thuram - 6.5
Cannavaro - 6.5
Zambrotta - 6.5
Camoranesi - 5.5
Emerson - 6
Blasi - 5.5
Del Piero - 6.5
Zalayeta - 5.5
Trezeguet - 5

Ibrahimovic - 6
Olivera - 5.5

I disagree with Capello's decision to replace Del Piero who did more than Zalayeta, supplying good through balls and making intelligent runs. I understand that he wanted to have a physical player upfront late on in the game to win some of the aerial balls when the Chievo defenders may be tiring, but Zlatan was already on the pitch.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

It was more the linesman's call to make than his on the goal though.
Of course, however his overall performances have been horrid and people praise him for no reason other than he's "good to Juve."

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I didn't see this game for various reasons;
I don't know if this question popped up earlier in the thread, but; was the Chievo "goal" worse than what happend to Tottenham at Old Trafford?

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Ok, guys, then keep thinking that Juventus were just "lucky" tonigth, and that the referee made only "mistakes"

I'm off, Im very piss off and very dissapointed
I don't understand. Are you saying that Paparesta deliberately tried to help us?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Esteban ] ++
I don't know if this question popped up earlier in the thread, but; was the Chievo "goal" worse than what happend to Tottenham at Old Trafford?
No way, not at all. At Old Trafford the ball was much further over the line.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Of course, however his overall performances have been horrid and people praise him for no reason other than he's "good to Juve."
Sounds like a pretty good reason to praise him to me. In all seriousness though, I don't think he's that bad.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
not at all.Tottenhom goal at Old Traford is the worst one ever :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
No, but it was still clearly over the line.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Well, I dislike the talk about Juve getting advantages from the refs. It's just coincidences ffs. Have you not noticed that refs are ordinary people that make mistakes?
Like when we faced Reggina and lost 2-1, etc.

I know it's been pretty extreme the last two games, vs Roma and now Chievo, but still. It's because refs are human.

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
So let me get this straight. Olivera scored, and then after the kickoff, after the goal, Potenza just decided to kick him in the leg for no apparent reason?

I saw the video clip of Olivera strangling him and was literally shocked. Did look like he was trying to kill him. Dont know why Potenza seemed to just sit there and allow this, and really want to see what happened before this all.

Next Serie A game, we may be without Nedved/Kapo/Olivera. Hahah, wow.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
The thing is that theres a HUGE diference between the team that played against Real and the team that played against Chievo, we played a smart and great game against Real... against Chievop we didn't play at all...
I didnt get a chance to view the game. What I can say though is playing teams like Real the game is a lot more open. Playing the smaller teams in Serie A is in a lot of ways harder IMO. No 1. concern for them is to stop us from playing. If it was up to me I would make Juve play Real Madrid every week:cool:

I read a lot of silly predictions like 3-0 3-1 juve whenever they face the smaller sides. Very few chances, scrappy youre lucky if you dont fall asleep.
Did a fight breakout? Olivera and some Chievo player both red carded!
ez

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
After Paparesta gave him the red Olivera walked towards the sideline then started to run for his life after he saw Potenza charging after him. Crazy nonsense.

TBH Andy, I doubt he as running away from Potenza. The kid grew up on the rough streets of Danubio, I doubt he couldnt take on Potenza. I have a feeling Oli is a real street punk :D

++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
one word:

ROBBERY

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

TBH Andy, I doubt he as running away from Potenza. The kid grew up on the rough streets of Danubio, I doubt he couldnt take on Potenza. I have a feeling Oli is a real street punk :D
Yeah you can sort of tell with all those Danubio gang tattoos he has. :D

I would to see a Potenza-Olivera fight now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)