[Serie A] Chievo - Juventus (7 Viewers)

Mar 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by jussiut ] ++
Yes, I appreciate good conversation but Incubo has lost all of my respect the second I realized you can't talk sense with him. He ignores all the relevant points of others' replys and really doesn't have anything informative say anymore.
Looks like people are starting to catch on Nick. Might want to stop doing that soon ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Juve has 6 PK's FOR and ZERO against.
this is because we havent played montero :D

Juve is the team that has committed the most fouls this season.
wht kinda foul u talking about here? u mean ku fu kick tackle?

The same REF that was suspended for a horrible call in favour of Juve then
thz for telling me this fact, but it is outta our control

Juve has had the most favorable calls this season (once again).
man, u have no idea on this, ya just pathetic who watch every juventus match and finally found one favourable call (the pk against ya stupid team) so u make a whole story on it

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Any would-have, should-have, could-have debates lead nowhere. The only purpose they serve is catharsis for those who feel wronged. But once you've had the opportunity to air your grievances a la Seinfeld's "Festivus", even that gets old and you have to move on with your catharsis by yourself after a while.

There are people here drawing back on details and an entitled sense of being wronged that goes back well beyond the here-and-now Scudetto campaign -- as if it's even relevant anymore to the current Scudetto campaign (different coaches, players, rules, etc.). It's like the bickering married couple that always brings up, "You remember that time when you forgot to do the dishes back in 1967?! Well I'm still pissed off about that!"

There comes a point where if you can't let go anymore, it's your problem -- and no one else's fault nor responsibility.

Drowning in a cesspool of self pity is the only possible outcome from something like this.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Watching the quick replay of the goal on the highlight show tonight, I couldnt tell in real speed if it had gone in...everything just went so fast

I think they should implement video replays. Video never lies

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Any would-have, should-have, could-have debates lead nowhere. The only purpose they serve is catharsis for those who feel wronged. But once you've had the opportunity to air your grievances a la Seinfeld's "Festivus", even that gets old and you have to move on with your catharsis by yourself after a while.
:LOL:

"At the Festivus dinner, you gather your family around and tell them all the ways they have disappointed you over the past year."

"And is there a tree?"

"No. Instead there's a pole. Requires no decoration and I find tinsel distracting."

"Frank, this new holiday of yours is scratching me right where I itch."

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Watching the quick replay of the goal on the highlight show tonight, I couldnt tell in real speed if it had gone in...everything just went so fast

Nah, they're opting for that ball-beep thing.

May 4, 2004

exacly... imo we should use it the way they do in american football... and not exacly the same, i mean.. not to many STOP's in the game... just when the ref is in doubt..!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

That's a trap. The video never lies, but the human interpretation of it does. We're doomed for failure if we think somehow video replays will introduce greater fairness and remove the human error in the game (even though it's often that very same human error that results in scoring opportunities in Serie A to begin with).

I just don't want to see us playing the game for slow motion video cameras and not for the human eye. That's not sport. That's forensics.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

exacly... imo we should use it the way they do in american football... and not exacly the same, i mean.. not to many STOP's in the game... just when the ref is in doubt..!
What if the ref is stubbornly sure of his decision and decides not to show replay.. It's the same issue all over again, so why even bother with replays..?

Aug 1, 2003
I guess technology will make decisions.. clearer and more correct, but then again might as well we have robots for referees. I think there should be a limit on how far we're willing to go with technology

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

That's a trap. The video never lies, but the human interpretation of it does. We're doomed for failure if we think somehow video replays will introduce greater fairness and remove the human error in the game (even though it's often that very same human error that results in scoring opportunities in Serie A to begin with).

I just don't want to see us playing the game for slow motion video cameras and not for the human eye. That's not sport. That's forensics.
I agree.Its all the recent horrendous mistakes being made in the game that has the community calling for technology,as I see it mistakes are part of the game and there is no guarantee that video replays will do anything to improve the situation.Even as a fan watching at home with the luxury of slow-motion replays there've always been occaisions when on-pitch incidents have caused hot disputes,even with the aid of technology everyone can see an incident in completely different and sometimes contrasting views.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)