[Serie A] Chievo - Juventus (16 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
What a terrible match today. Our side came out after the great victory over Real Madrid this past week and was totally outplayed by one of the worst teams in Serie A Chievo Verona. We hardly deserved to win this match and in a way I'm ashamed of what happened today because Chievo actually scored a good goal, only for the referee to let play go on. Pellissier's shot off the crossbar indeed went over the line. After that goal we looked even more pathetic, not being able to string a few good passes together and looking shaky in defense. Olivera came on and scored a lucky goal for us then promptly got sent off for trying to strangle Potenza- what a horrid match.

The biggest glarring weakness in our team is the lack of smart midfield play and coordinated passing. We have trouble connecting with each other in certain situations and when smart balls need to played the ball is just lofted over the top or given away. Out of the top teams in Italy we surely have the most lackluster attack, and that stems from the inept play in midfield. We have three strikers out there running around however when the ball comes to them they have to ball chase all around the opposition's box to get a sniff at goal. Even when they do receive the ball at their feet they have nothing to do with it because our support around the box is almost nonexistent. The movement in attack is also lackluster and no wonder why people call us boring sometimes. If we want to win anything this season Capello needs to get the team moving and making sense going forward because the teams we will be facing are not as pathetic as Real Madrid in defense. I think it was a mistake by Capello to take off Del Piero and keep Zalayeta on because the latter was not doing much.

Buffon made a couple nice saves and could only watch as the ball bounces inside the goal and then out.

Zebina made some mistakes again tonight and was all over Chievo forwards while they had the ball in our box. We're still waiting for that potentially season-changing mistake.

Thuram made some good interceptions and tackles, however he did not look like the same player that shut down Real on Wednesday.

Cannavaro same as Thuram.

Zambrotta was able to get forward a couple times and send in a few hard shots, only straight to Marchegiani. Another noticebly quiet match for Zambro.

Camoranesi was hardly the player he was on Wednesday and did not do much at all in attack except for making a few crosses into the box.

Emerson was a bit off tonight however he made a few nice tackles in the center of the pitch. Did not do much offensively.

Blasi was running and making a few good interceptions as usual, however he did not help the team going forward at all. He needs to improve his touch or we better find a new partner for Emerson in midfield.

Zalayeta was rather disapointing after his wondergoal on Wednesday.

Trezeguet had a few opportunities in the first half but he started to fall off a bit around halftime. He still needs a couple more matches to become fit again.

Del Piero made some nice through balls but also wasted a lot of chances. He had some spring in his step but he started to slow down in the second half so Capello brought on Zlatan.

Ibrahimovic came on and his touch did not look good tonight. Once again he gave the ball away too many times, and that is one of the reasons why we are poor going forward.

Olivera scored the "game winning goal" as much as it's worth, finishing off a bad clearance by a Chievo defender with his left foot. A few minutes later he was involved in a scuffle with Potenza and saw red for grabbing the neck of the Chievo defender. After Paparesta gave him the red Olivera walked towards the sideline then started to run for his life after he saw Potenza charging after him. Crazy nonsense.
Thanks for these Andy, as i really needed them cuz i only saw the 2nd half.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

instead of inserting a simple icon why don't you explain ...
explain why the MAN U victories have been hailed by Spanish, English and ITalian media as the classic example on one team dominating another.
Explain why Milan is being halied by everyone from Chelsea, Barca, Trezeguet, Lippi, Ronaldinho as the team to beat.

WHy don't you explain why that comment is so ridiculous and out of touch with reality as you suggest.
I wonder would that be the case if you had drawn someone else than Man U (thay are pure crap ;))
Half of Seria A could have dominated them

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
:thumb:

and for milan fans, look at yourself before calling us cheaters, remember the goal scored by seginho couple of matches ago? it was a cross from cafu who made a clear foul before crossing the ball, and in the atalanta match, there was an obvious penalty for atalanta...
I'm surprised Makinwa didn't file a police report against Nesta. Not only for taking the shirt off his back, but also for an attempted theft of his kidneys.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
This time the referee's error was quite different from others - you couldnt say it was intentional. The referee was not near the scene and therefore had no reason to overrule the linesman that disallowed the Chievo goal. And personally looking from the linesman's view, you couldnt really tell if it had gone in or not (even though it actually did) as the ball actually crossed the line only to bounce back before the line... it was a rather confusing and unfortunate scenario for chievo.
I am not going to fault the ref over this. This again was one of those situations where we have the luxury of sitting on our fat arses in front of the telly with our slow motion remotes -- and we're not hustling downfield with the players. Call it a minor form of what happened to the Spurs against ManU earlier this year.

If there is anything to be done about these kinds of scenarios, I'd prefer devoting a goal judge as they have in hockey.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Please don't compare us to ROME and please don't compare us to YOU. You have not beat us in Serie A since 2002. Not to mention the fact that in the last match up you were like deer in the headlights and avoided a disaster.
One team is being hailed Europe's best and championed for the best style in Europe and the other is winning games by blatant mis-calls..

if anyone should cry it is your team counting on players like BLASI to bring you success.
Oh, Nick. Please. Pot? Kettle. Let me introduce you.

As bad as Juve played yesterday, my first reaction after it ended was to laugh and literally say, "We pulled a Milan!"

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Exactly what I thought would happen

In plain terms, WE DIDN'T COME TO PLAY !!!!!!!!!!

In the first half, we created NOTHING !!!!! I almost fell asleep watching our team do nothing more than nothing .....

The second half was not much better, and seeing the Pellissier goal disallowed absolutely shocked me.....it reminded me too much of the Man U "gift" a month or so back. We should have been down 1-0. That only fueled Chievo more, not us who were lucky to still be even

I didnt agree with the substitution of DP for Olivera, but Ruben went out there and got the goal....then immediately attempted to strangle Potenza. This is not the first time I've witnessed Oli go for someones throat, and if he continues like this, he should get the hell out of Serie A. We dont need punks like him here....then he runs away from Potenza, what a puss Oli is.

Trez didnt show up to play today, I think he's still celebrating his goal back at the Delle Alpi.
Zala had a shit game. He lacks technical skills, like how to look where your passing. How many times did he pass the ball away to Chievo, because he didnt look towards where he was passing to ??? I have to keep reminding myself that he scored the winner against Real (after 3 clear cut chances). He's like Trez, he doesnt do shit 99% of the time, but that other 1% will win you a game. That wont always be the case....................

We made Chievo look like world-beaters today, when in reality, they are in for a relagation dog-fight. We were total crap today, which brings up the following question :

WERE WE JUST THAT GOOD AGAINST REAL...OR, ARE THEY JUST THAT BAD ????

The answer I see is that Real is just that freakin bad............

* Juve player of the game- The linesman (good job, buddy !!)
:rofl:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Exactly. The important thing is that we got the necessary three points to match Milan's win earlier on. It doesn't really matter how we played, we needed to win and we did. I'm sure we'll be much better next week.
Agree

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Oh, Nick. Please. Pot? Kettle. Let me introduce you.

As bad as Juve played yesterday, my first reaction after it ended was to laugh and literally say, "We pulled a Milan!"
Know your history Greg...

the Johnny Come lately fans think Milan are the refs favorite's...sheer stupidity. That is just Moggi's clever ploy to bring Milan in the mix and divert attention....kudos I must say.

Dude: You cannot begin to compare the calls in Juve's favor this season..last season....Scudetto win over Inter...yada yada yada...

Can you honestly tell me that Juve is equal with Milan this season in terms of performance? Can you honestly tell me that they are both equal in terms of talent, depth and style of play and form for that matter?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Know your history Greg...

the Johnny Come lately fans think Milan are the refs favorite's...sheer stupidity. That is just Moggi's clever ploy to bring Milan in the mix and divert attention....kudos I must say.
:D. And even if it's true, I don't care anymore.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
A Terrible But Unintentional Error, Says Chievo Coach
3/14/2005 12:23:00 PM
Chievo boss Mario Beretta is convinced the error made by the linesmen that probably denied his team of a glorious win over Juventus was unintentional.
“If I had doubts over the honesty of the referees, I shouldn’t have picked to do this job. But yesterday it was simple to see that the ball had gone over the line, so there was a lack of attention on behalf of the officiating trio. All that was needed was to look at the ball’s trajectory to understand it had gone over the line,” said the Chievo boss.

“Now we just have to think to work and look ahead, even though I know it will be difficult. It’s hard to work intensely when you score goals and they’re not awarded,” he added.

Chievo have lost four games in a row, and stand only two points on-top of the relegation zone.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
i will stop supporting juve if we have too much more of this contraversy. Its disgusting how we rely on the ref to win us matches.
Dan, no matter what happens, you shouldnt stop supporting Juve, if its your favorite team

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
A Terrible But Unintentional Error, Says Chievo Coach
3/14/2005 12:23:00 PM
Chievo boss Mario Beretta is convinced the error made by the linesmen that probably denied his team of a glorious win over Juventus was unintentional.
“If I had doubts over the honesty of the referees, I shouldn’t have picked to do this job. But yesterday it was simple to see that the ball had gone over the line, so there was a lack of attention on behalf of the officiating trio. All that was needed was to look at the ball’s trajectory to understand it had gone over the line,” said the Chievo boss.

“Now we just have to think to work and look ahead, even though I know it will be difficult. It’s hard to work intensely when you score goals and they’re not awarded,” he added.

Chievo have lost four games in a row, and stand only two points on-top of the relegation zone.
Beretta has some class !!!:thumb:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Dan, no matter what happens, you shouldnt stop supporting Juve, if its your favorite team
Yes, but its horrible to watch us be awarded these kind of mistakes by the referee. I watch football to be entertained, and whilst i love juventus, i hate our reputation as massive cheats ie dope and refereeing. thats why i want us to just admit we are guilty for doping so we can start again and hopefully put this contraversy behind us and play like a real team again.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Yes, but its horrible to watch us be awarded these kind of mistakes by the referee. I watch football to be entertained, and whilst i love juventus, i hate our reputation as massive cheats ie dope and refereeing. thats why i want us to just admit we are guilty for doping so we can start again and hopefully put this contraversy behind us and play like a real team again.
Forza Juve!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005

Can you honestly tell me that Juve is equal with Milan this season in terms of performance? Can you honestly tell me that they are both equal in terms of talent, depth and style of play and form for that matter?
Well yeah I think they are both equal. Thats why in both Serie A and CL they have dominated their group and knockout round.
Juve in CL:
W = 6
D = 1
L = 1

Conceded only 2 goals. scored 8. Not the best attacking performance but hey we wasted alot of chances. But deffence rock solid.

Regarding the talent and depth of the squad, well I have to agree with you our bench is not as good as Milan's. But then again we don't have Berlosconi to donate. Agnelli have finantial problems and havent donated anything for more than 10 years.

Style, We played most of ower games really good. I have to agree our game against Milan was really bad. Milan dominated the whole pitch.
Milan struggled in the beggining of the season. Juve struggelled halfway through and now are back (hopefully).
Juve won games without performing well just clinching the winning goal. So did Milan. This is a charactarestic of great teams, winning with the least effort.

About ref callings, whether they are against Juve or for Juve they are called human errors. Whats in it for the ref to favour Juve? We are not holding the goverment now are we?
Milan won games with bad calls from refs ..

Why does it happen to Juve and Milan more, simply because Juve have one 27 scudetti and Milan won 17 scudetti. They are the top two italian teams. So any error that happens in a match is always focused on them. Even more both teams have the spirit to win.. They do pressure the game against their apponents. A ref is a human. With alot of attacking the result would usually be either a deffence error or a ref error. Remember for those who are watching the game its really isn't like being on the pitch. Remember on TV or at the stadium you are looking from an angle, the ref is looking on a direct plane. Many things that you see the ref doesn't. This is simple physics.
I really do hate it when Milan win with ref errors, or we loose because of ref errors.. but what can we do. Thats just another excitment of football.
If everything was perfect then why play the match. Juve are favoured to win against Palermo. Why not just put the score 2-0 to Juve??? Nothing is perfect, you played the match and we lost. Thats just life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)