[SERIE A] Catania 1-2 JUVENTUS (02/8/09) (4 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
he is a sick player though. i look forward to seeing him tear it up for Arsenal. I just have no clue what will happen when all the stars are fit.

I wish we had some of the attackers Arsenal have for the weekend (i am not off topic now :) ) Nasri would be awesome.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Arsenal? Gallas is their #10 :lol:

Always found it amusing for some reason..

If you think jersey numbers don't mean shit, look what it has done to Messi :shifty:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I've always believed shirt numbers were meaningless to be honest. Who cares what number your wearing, as long as your performing.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Eℓvin;1891701 said:
Arsenal? Gallas is their #10 :lol:

Always found it amusing for some reason..

If you think jersey numbers don't mean shit, look what it has done to Messi :shifty:
That's because Gallas tries to imagine himself Del Piero.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I've always believed shirt numbers were meaningless to be honest. Who cares what number your wearing, as long as your performing.
i disagree to me its a personal thing like i cant wear 13 as it's personally a bad luck number and has always proven so, but 18 (day of the month i was born), or numbers consisting of 8 has been lucky for me, much like 99 means alot to lucarelli when he was at livorno because 99 represented the year of the birth of Livorno's B.A.L ultra group of which he is a supporter of

Jan 24, 2009
line-up should be (but will not as long as Ruinieri is coach)

gigi
moli legro melberg gygera
sissoko marchisio
giovinco del piero camo
Amauri

This formation protects the back four (which suck ass). Also, with Sissoko and Marchisio/Poulsen in a deeper position they will not have to dictate the flow of the game. The offense will no longer be impotent because our midfield cannot pass the ball. All Sissoko and Marchisio have to worry about is defending and make a simple pass to DP, Camo, or Gio. This line-up allows for the flow to be dictated by DP. He will serve as the link between the 2 DMs and the strikers/wings. I have noticed that DP has dropped really deep into the midfield the last several games just to collect the ball. This line-up will allow for more space in the offensive third of the field for him to operate. Also, with this formation, we do not need moli and gygera to overlap and get up the field. This is good b/c neither one of them can consistently play a dangerous crossing ball. Let Camo and Gio beat their markers and serve balls to Amauri.

I do not want to hear that this is too aggressive of a formation or we do not have the players for it. We do not have the players to play a 442 either, yet Ruinieri stll insist on playing that system. Also, our 442 system has allowed too many goals. If we are going to give up 3 goals a game then we need to score 4 (I'm a math major) to win the game. The 442 will not provide enough opportunities to do that.

Ruinieri is too scared to truly "tinker" with the formation to best fit our personnel. His idea of tinkering means switching the sides marchionni and Nedved start on :)

Forza Juve . . . 2-0 (DP & Camo)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
We have exactly 18 players available for this match, with the 18th being Ariaudo, and with Ariaudo being our only defender on the bench.

Grygera-Legro-Mellberg-Molinaro are sure to start in defense. With Chiellini, De Ceglie and Salihamidzic all injured, we have no other option for LB exept Molinaro. He simply must stay fit and he will have to play the full 90 minutes on this and the following matches.
Ariaudo is our only option for the other three positions in defense. He can directly sub one of Legro-Mellberg, while if we lose Grygera, Mellberg can play RB and Ariaudo CB.
Poulsen can play as en emergency CB or RB in case of emergency

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
If Tiago plays, then we do have the players for a 442, as we've preoved prior to the Inter game
if Ranieri have brains, he would not play tiago in a 442 at this point of time. chiellini is injured and our defence is very shaky:cry: . i think we seriously need to play the 4-2-3-1 as our midfield really need a big change
the midfield will look like this

sissoko marchisio
camo delpiero giovinco

this way, we can have sissoko n marchisio lying deep and protecting the defence and we all know that camo n gio are the type of players who track back alot to help in defence too. and with camo, gio and delpiero, the creativity in midfield will be enough to set up goals to the lone striker , amauri/trezegol...:rulz:

so to sum it up, this formation is actually quite defensive, yet it allow us to create great goal scoring chances without every1 going forward too much.:agree:

BUT RUINIERI WILL NEVER EVER HAVE THE BRAINS OR BALLS TO USE THIS FORMATION :melayyanandmessi:

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
Poulsen can play as en emergency CB or RB in case of emergency
seriously i think ranieri is the only person on earth who thinks that juve need not purchase anymore players during the transfer window...omfg...look at us now....even a 3 yo kid can see that we lack decent cover in midfield (right)

and the fact that nedved has to play 90mins for 3 consecutive games doesn''t prove that we have adequate cover LOL

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you're quite the genius aren't you, peasant?

your formation is basically 4-4-2 with DP, Camo and Gio playing centerally.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
i hope that 1 day science will b so advanced
that i can b shrunk to the size of a molecule
and go into ranieri's blood stream, and in there,
i will travel up to his brain. and then,
i will expand back into my normal size,
making him explode just like fireworks

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
you're quite the genius aren't you, peasant?

your formation is basically 4-4-2 with DP, Camo and Gio playing centerally.
what? noo my formation isn't 4-4-2, n gio n camo r on de wings, delpiero is in de centre attackin mid position....pardon me if my english is bad and you don't understand it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)