[SERIE A] Catania 1-2 JUVENTUS (02/8/09) (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Mascara stands up to Juve Saturday 7 February, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catania have picked up one point from their last five games, but hitman Giuseppe Mascara insists “we do not fear Juventus.”

The two sides meet in Sicily on Sunday afternoon and the Bianconeri have lost two on the trot, but picked themselves up with a midweek Coppa Italia quarter-final win over Napoli.

“We have played well in the last three matches, but the result was the only negative thing at the end of the 90 minutes,” insisted Mascara.

“This is giving us even more motivation to prove ourselves and show we do not fear Juventus.”

It is a definite setback for Catania, who had been leading the standings at one stage of the campaign.

“We cannot throw away all the good stuff we did in the first few months of the season. Our best weapons against Juve will be the pace of our forward line.”

They haven’t beaten Juventus on home turf since September 27 1964, but that 3-1 result was followed by five draws and seven defeats.

However, the Bianconeri’s last win here was in 1983-84 and last season it ended in a 1-1 draw.

source: channel4.com

Man it seems that whenever we play against any team, they must find a representative to say something

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
true, there is always someone that needs to say something. this will be difficult but we need to pick up form. Chelsea is around the corner.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i disagree to me its a personal thing like i cant wear 13 as it's personally a bad luck number and has always proven so, but 18 (day of the month i was born), or numbers consisting of 8 has been lucky for me, much like 99 means alot to lucarelli when he was at livorno because 99 represented the year of the birth of Livorno's B.A.L ultra group of which he is a supporter of

So shirt numbers are all about luck?

Hleb was 13 for us, and he was in no way unlucky.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Depends on the people and the country. In Italy 13 is considered a lucky number, whereas in Belgium there are teams that don't hand out shirts with that number.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

personally speaking yes, for some players it works for others it doesnt, it depends how superstitious you are, for example my father died on the 13th day and 13 has brought nothing but bad luck since, such as wearing a squad number 13 and ended up being stretchered off after 20 mins when a hockey ball had damaged my knee cap rulling me out for the rest of the season, however numbers with 8 is considered by the chinese as lucky, which has proven so with me. like i said it comes down entirely on personality, it doesnt factually prove to make a player any better or worse.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It doesn't come down to personality either. It's more of a thing that gets players focussed. They act as if they control the factor luck by putting on the right shirt. In reality it gets them to concentrate and feel more relaxed.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It doesn't come down to personality either. It's more of a thing that gets players focussed. They act as if they control the factor luck by putting on the right shirt. In reality it gets them to concentrate and feel more relaxed.
That is right.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
6 febbraio 2009
Nessuno squalificato per Catania-Juventus

Non ci sono squalificati per la sfida di domenica al Massimino tra Catania e Juventus. Non compaiono infatti nomi di rossoazzurri e bianconeri nell’elenco diramato dal Giudice Sportivo.

Nella Juventus resta il solo Camoranesi nell’elenco dei diffidati. I due ammoniti nella gara di sabato scorso contro il Cagliari (Del Piero e Chiellini) raggiungono entrambi quota due cartellini gialli.
of the official site
im pretty sure it just means if he gets another yellow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)