[SERIE A] Catania 1-2 JUVENTUS (02/8/09) (2 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Let's put this in

---------------------------Manninger
--------------Grygera - Mellberg - Legro - Molinaro
----------Camoranesi - Sissoko - Poulsen - Giovinco
--------------------------Iaquinta - Trez

1. Will Zebina/Buffon be back for this game? Will Marchisio be fit? If Marchisio is healthy, replace Poulsen with him

2. Nedved deserves another rest. DP Should be rested too. Hopefully the game doesn't end up in a case where Juventus needs to rely on both of them to win games

3. Let's whack Catania 3 - 0 again!

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
How many more minutes and will there be a snow ball fight on the pitch at half time (from which Sissoko will get suspended)?

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
There's no way Poulsen,Trezeguet and Camoranesi start this game.Rightly so.Poulsen played 120 minutes which already was way more than enough for now while Camoranesi should be subbed in,if anything.Let's say for the last 15-20 minutes.I'd field this:

____________Buffon
Grygera Mellberg Legrottaglie Molinaro
______Tiago Sissoko Marchisio
____Iaquinta Amauri Del Piero

What we'll probably see though:
____________Buffon
Marchionni Marchisio Sissoko Nedved
_________Amauri Del Piero

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Marceℓℓo;1889871 said:
What we'll probably see though:
____________Buffon
Marchionni Marchisio Sissoko Nedved
_________Amauri Del Piero
If there are no injuries, that will be the team.

And we'll finally have the players on the bench to come on and change a game, if used properly.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Nedved again? I rather Giovinco. He has caused trouble against Catania twice with his creativity, will be exciting to see him starting this game. If worse comes to worse, Nedved will step into the game.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Haven't watched Juve - Napoli from the start, but I haven't been impressed by Giovinco so far. But even less from Nedved's performance.
Its going to be very tough as we partly struggled against Napoli. And it looks like we can add De Ceglie to our injury list.
Anyone coming back from injury or flu for saturday?

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Nedved again? I rather Giovinco. He has caused trouble against Catania twice with his creativity, will be exciting to see him starting this game. If worse comes to worse, Nedved will step into the game.
it will be so fuckin' stupid .....

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Then what do you suggest? Putting Nedved again and blast Ranieri for not giving Giovinco a shot upon unforeseen circumstances where a goal is badly needed? Come on Nedved should take a break. I do respect of his determination and technique but he isn't really a 90-minute player anymore. Don't ppl wanna see Giovinco in action, especially the times when Giovinco did something against Catania 2 times this season? Why not let Giovinco do it the 3rd time and Nedved will come in and shape up the defence when needed?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Buffon

Grygera - Mellberg - Legro - Molinaro

Marchionni - Poulsen - Sissoko - Nedved

Amauri - Del Piero(C)

This is what most probably we'll see.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Buffon

Amauri - Del Piero(C)

Agreed. Just that I wish to see Giovinco more (which isn't gonna happen under Ranieri) and Marchionni gives a good performance

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Buffon

Amauri - Del Piero(C)

:agree:

So let's forget about predictions of scorelines. I'll go out on a limb and say this is my rather predictable player ratings in advance:

Buffon - 6.5 - Saved our asses a few times. As for that last goal, he didn't stand a chance given how the defense left him naked and all. MoM

Molinaro - 6 - Decent defensive outing. Tried to push upfield alright. Still can't cross.

Legro - 6 - A couple of dodgy moments, but held it together for the most part. Nice header for the score.

Mellberg - 5 - Some games he takes risks and almost gives up the penalty. Fortunately this was close but not one of those games. Still needs to stop turning the ball over so easily, though... and needs to learn how to pass to his teammates.

Grygera - 5 - Was he playing?

Marchionni - 4 - A man running around with his head cut off.

Poulsen - 5 - Still not up to strength/health. Really needed to do more to contribute to possession. But a few ok stops.

Sissoko - 6 - Some crazy tackling. Wish he did more for possession and in his finishing, though.

Nedved - 5 - Nedved needs a week between games as it is.

Amauri - 5.5 - Been in a funk lately, but he hasn't been getting good service either. Keep at it.

Del Piero - 6 - A few moments of brilliance with a lot of downtime inbetween.

Coach:

Ranieri - 5 - Team wasn't very prepared. Some stupid subs. No Giovinco again of course...

:doh: Oye, have we gotten that predictable...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)