[SERIE A] Bologna vs JUVENTUS (10/29/08) (44 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
that's the beauty of Serie A...there are so many competitive teams out there, having a clear leader of the pack is pretty hard to decide...this season we've got Genoa Lazio Fiorentina Udinese Napoli and Sampdoria giving the top 4 a tough time
That doesn't excuse poor performances by us though.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
That doesn't excuse poor performances by us though.
of course there's no excuse for that...I think the players were not sufficiently prepared to play at such short notices...we had been out of Europe for 2 years and I suspect we were a little out of touch in terms of the physical demands of a CL/League challenge...

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Great performance tonight by the players especially the Czech cannon! I don't know where Pavel gets all his energy from, he never stops running!
Knezevic was the only negative as he doesn't seem to be Juventus class.

Good 3 points and we have now won our last 2 games, and lost the two games before that then drew the two games before that. Hopefuuly we will keep up our winning trend by beating Roma on Saturday with more of our injured players back.

Early halloween gift! :pumpkin:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ален;1786684 said:
This time it was expected.
Sissoko was replaced with the fragile Ekdal while Tiago had no strenght anymore. It was expected to lose the midfield.
I was sure we'll concede another goal :frown:
i think its harsh to say fragile as he looked pretty strong when needed and was calm while on the ball...i would say he seemed distant as sissoko makes himself more involved in the game.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hey, happy your old avatar. For me, this pic is you and you are this pic :D
Haha. I'd have never changed this avatar.
When Jack appointed thousand new mods and when the kid mods found a new playground, one of them changed my avatar.
Unfortunately i didn't have the picture saved on my PC and i couldn't find it on the net.
Few days ago i saw another guy with the same avatar in another forum and i knew that i must take it back :p

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i agree, knevevic was horrible, molinaro covered much more ground and helped out more in the defense than knevezic did.
perhaps it is just me, but apart from 2 mistakes knezevic was pretty decent ...

there was one stop where he lost the ball to the attacker, but did redeem with a great tackle to steal the ball back again ...

did anyone mention how we ruled in the air ? kneze, mellberg and chiellini were first to the balls and headed the high balls away in all but 2 situations ... pretty good

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

there was one stop where he lost the ball to the attacker, but did redeem with a great tackle to steal the ball back again ...

did anyone mention how we ruled in the air ? kneze, mellberg and chiellini were first to the balls and headed the high balls away in all but 2 situations ... pretty good
most definitely...but again, those errors could have been costly...somebody PLEASE explain to him that it isn't a bad idea to just kick the ball out in tricky situations

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This is true, but maybe it's a reason to worry because he had a similar match against Napoli (although he wasn't as decent as today) and he made usless sliding tackles in the pre-season also.
In this aspect he reminds me of Boumsong. Boum Boum also played great in some matches but he always made his usual terrible mistake and everything he did till that moment was forgotten.

I don't like these kind of defenders who lose concentration. Defenders and the goalkeeper are the ones who must always be fully concentrated and Knezevic is losing it during certain parts of the match (he was awful at the end both against Napoli and Bologna).

Such a shame. As a Croat i'd have been thrilled if he proved everyone wrong, but he's doing the opposite so far.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

most definitely...but again, those errors could have been costly...somebody PLEASE explain to him that it isn't a bad idea to just kick the ball out in tricky situations
ok ok, but he seemed to me a little more shakey as the pressure intensified in his area and molinaro didnt seem to buckle under any pressure just his usual nonsense mistakes like a whiffed kick. Knevezic had a lot of bad clears, challenges and to me his positioning in a couple occasions was not the best. I think that it should have been him covering di vaio, not molinaro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)