[SERIE A] Bologna vs JUVENTUS (10/29/08) (2 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
A 44 year old Juve fan was assaulted by Bologna "fans" while he was leaving the stadium quietly walking to his car. Those f*ckers wanted to take away his Juve scarf and also hit him on the head with rocks. His condition is serious but stable. All of this happened in front of his kid.

Bunch of f*ckin' a**holes!
stupid italian fans

it doesn't matter what team's fans the perpetrators were, italian soccer is just getting worse and worse

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i know that i may get killed for what am going to say but i have to say it :D , Gio can't play for us with this formation he is just too weak . i know its too early to judge but he is the kind of players that needs the team to be build around him like the u-21 team. i know that we all want him to be the next DP, and develope into a WC player but face it right now he can't play on the LM atleast not in Serie A.
The formation isnt the issue, though it will take time to find his place in it. But the main thing is not only the fact that he is benched, but he comes on when its 20-25 minutes left at most, and he cant get into the game at all because we have no interest to do anything because of us leading. He just chases the ball around getting very little chance to do anything whatsoever.

Yeah you make a vital point, but he really hasnt been given a go from the start much, with our little typical formation, he played in it against Catania and Bate and did real well, when we tweaked the formation for his sake (and injuries) was against Palermo, and things really didnt work out then. And that was mainly because our crap midfield couldnt give the ball to our 3 man attack.
you guys pose 2 good points, heres my take on the issue:

Gio needs to start much more than he is and get a lot more playing time other than 20 mins here 15 mins there. The team doesnt get him the ball enough, like you said Osman he comes in late in the game and finds himself chasing a ball around just to kill the opposition play. The team needs to get him the ball more (or he needs to find a way to make himself more available) so he can build that confidence like he has at the u21 level. CR needs to get him in the starting 11, especially against teams like bologna where he can strut his stuff and build his confidence. CR and the board cant be concerned about putting too much pressure on him, if you ask me putting him in for only 15 mins every other game and expect him to work miracles is cruel. He needs time to develop into the player we think he can be. He wont be able to with only a few mins every other game. If you ask me, it puts more pressure on him b/c he knows what people expect form him and not only does that add pressure but having to deliver in a fraction of a game makes it worse. He needs some kind of regularity other than playing every other game.

I think he can play on the wing like nedved or a DP position, but if he is going to learn to do both he is going to need MUCH more playing time than he is getting. Look at what happend when Donadoni had DP play on the left mid, DP hated it b/c he never had to do it and under performed. Throwing a young player like Gio in different positions in the middle of a game expecting to turn water into wine is going to do more harm than good if you ask me. A real player/professional, especially a young one with talent wants to play more than anything...its a dream for them, they will do everything they possibly can to win respect of his mates. Gio needs to start more, and Paolo Sosa to prove your point we need to alter our formation when necessary, CR needs to expand his horizons if he wants to be competitive on all fronts otherwise we become more predictable like under Capello. CR needs to live up to his tinkerman status in this sense so our younger talent has chances to prove themselves, I would hate to turn them into Palladinos and sell them or have them become late bloomers with another team. The whole world wouldnt build hype around these players like Gio if they didnt think they were capable of something great, but for that to happen they need more starts, no more of this "pussy 15-20 mins" here and there. If Giovinco is a world class prodigy he will show it and not buckle under the pressure of delivering, he needs the support of CR to know that he can and deserves a start.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i know that i may get killed for what am going to say but i have to say it :D , Gio can't play for us with this formation he is just too weak . i know its too early to judge but he is the kind of players that needs the team to be build around him like the u-21 team. i know that we all want him to be the next DP, and develope into a WC player but face it right now he can't play on the LM atleast not in Serie A.
The formation isnt the issue, though it will take time to find his place in it. But the main thing is not only the fact that he is benched, but he comes on when its 20-25 minutes left at most, and he cant get into the game at all because we have no interest to do anything because of us leading. He just chases the ball around getting very little chance to do anything whatsoever.
The fact he only comes on when we need to defend is the main talking point. The kid will find it hard getting into the match when we no longer have copious amounts of (meaningless) possession, when we no longer have control of the midfield due to Sissoko's departure or other circumstances, among other real-time issues during the match. When Seba has started, he's been more involved with the match and caused much more havoc, so he needs to play from the start instead of that useless Marchionni.

Giovinco is more of the player you would want to start instead of bring off the bench with a lead, although I do believe once he's a bit older he could be a weapon late in the game, too.

Yeah you make a vital point, but he really hasnt been given a go from the start much, with our little typical formation, he played in it against Catania and Bate and did real well, when we tweaked the formation for his sake (and injuries) was against Palermo, and things really didnt work out then. And that was mainly because our crap midfield couldnt give the ball to our 3 man attack.
Exactly..

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
watched first 30min then the gay cable guy decided to change to jazeera +3 :(:( fucker!!!... (so i watched matrix revolutions:p)... until stupid milan game was over ... saw nedved's first goal amazing skill and typical nedved goal :D... anywho forza nedved ... and tiago he played alright with his so so passes ...

Aug 1, 2003
I was freaking happy that Pavel scored, and to see the love he received for his goals were amazing too.

Another player that I wish would score soon is Iaquinta. He's not in his best form no doubt, but I have faith that he'll get there.

3 points, and nothing feels better than a Juventus victory.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
We should have kept Kovač.
:rofl: You're kidding me, right? Useless defender he would be for us, especially in the last 2 seasons. He was a good defender before and still gives some good games for Croatian NT but that's all. I couldn't disagree more with your statement...

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
A 44 year old Juve fan was assaulted by Bologna "fans" while he was leaving the stadium quietly walking to his car. Those f*ckers wanted to take away his Juve scarf and also hit him on the head with rocks. His condition is serious but stable. All of this happened in front of his kid.

Bunch of f*ckin' a**holes!
The Bologna fans tried to pull his scarf off to do something to it, it got tied around his neck, so while they were pulling they were practically strangling him, then they threw stones at him and prob knocked him unconscious(the two mixed together).
The truly horrible thing is that his kid was next to him when this was happening.
Fucking cavemen

he got a very convincing smile and hug from CR today when he was subbed off
Nice to see

Aug 1, 2003
Btw ... I may not have noticed it before but if I recall in previous games it has been a rather different captain's armband than the one in this game no? Maybe to go with the gold jersey, don't know, but looks cool.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Btw ... I may not have noticed it before but if I recall in previous games it has been a rather different captain's armband than the one in this game no? Maybe to go with the gold jersey, don't know, but looks cool.
actually it's the same one Ale wears for the home jersey...there is a different armband for the gold strip, but Pavel wore the red one yesterday :eyebrows:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
When Seba has started, he's been more involved with the match and caused much more havoc, so he needs to play from the start instead of that useless Marchionni.
I think he started 3 matches and he made 3 assists. (we scored 4 goals on these 3 matches). On that match when he didn't have an assist he earned us 3 or 4 FK's in very dangerous position.
The kid was bad whenever he played the last 20 minutes but he was (one of) the best when he started the matches. As you and Osman already mentioned, when he came in as a sub we had the lead and we were defending, so that explains why he was bad.
Actually, if you noticed, all the other attackers did absolutely nothing in the last 20 minutes when we had the lead, so it's not about Giovinco but it's about our tactics.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ален;1787298 said:
I think he started 3 matches and he made 3 assists. (we scored 4 goals on these 3 matches). On that match when he didn't have an assist he earned us 3 or 4 FK's in very dangerous position.
The kid was bad whenever he played the last 20 minutes but he was (one of) the best when he started the matches. As you and Osman already mentioned, when he came in as a sub we had the lead and we were defending, so that explains why he was bad.
Actually, if you noticed, all the other attackers did absolutely nothing in the last 20 minutes when we had the lead, so it's not about Giovinco but it's about our tactics.
True that. Although, what I'd like to see when we have the lead is a devastating counterattack where we can strike with quickness, but that doesn't always seem to happen. I suppose it's because we don't have adept players at the back and in central midfield who think two plays ahead and know what to do with the ball when they get it. Instead, they all panic and blast the ball down the pitch. That's one of the things I'd like Ranieri to solve but that won't happen.

I'm expecting all our matches to have a pretty nail-biting last 20 minutes or so just like all of them thus far.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
True that. Although, what I'd like to see when we have the lead is a devastating counterattack where we can strike with quickness, but that doesn't always seem to happen. I suppose it's because we don't have adept players at the back and in central midfield who think two plays ahead and know what to do with the ball when they get it. Instead, they all panic and blast the ball down the pitch. That's one of the things I'd like Ranieri to solve but that won't happen.

I'm expecting all our matches to have a pretty nail-biting last 20 minutes or so just like all of them thus far.
Well, look at the characteristics of the defenders and midfielders we had on our last 5-6 matches and you'll see why we don't score on counters. Chiellini and Molinaro are technically weak. Blasting the ball down is the most secure thing they can do. I really wouldn't like these two to try to do something else. Sissoko ? Out of the question.
We need Camoranesi, Tiago or Zanetti to make that "two plays ahead" move but we didn't have them, unfortunately.

Last year we did score many counter attack goals. Most of them were one touch counters where Zanetti brilliantly found Alex, but we scored a lot of goals from fast counters in the last minutes when we needed 2-3 touches to get into a scoring position.
Atm i remember Nocerino-Iaquinta-Trez for 4:0 against Livorno, Almiron-Camo-Del Piero for 2:1 against Cagliari, Legro-Zanetti-Palladino for 3:0 against Reggina, the brilliant move Defender-Del Piero-Marchionni for 4:0 against Palermo when in 3 seconds we cleared the ball from our box and scored a goal...and there were many more counter goals.

This year we're yet to see a good counter attack goal. Ranieri may be at fault, but i think it has more to do with the players and their characteristics.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Did not want to watch the stream as almost every time I saw it last season, we lost it, or had a draw..

However i just saw recorded game on TV (did not even look at sports pages until now) and I am so happy for well earned 3 points which will boost further confidence to our players as well to CR.

I am happy for all players, Momo did not make single mistake Tiago was better than expected and more visible than his usual running away from ball, also I have also to say that Melberg had good match too.

How about Nedved? CR was joking when said he would like to sign new 2 year contract with Nedved, but not far from truth.
Amauri is class on its own with 2 great chances, still I feel that IQ is bit frustrated by his performances, but at the same time , his confidence will grow with more playing time..Shame Marchioni did not score but all in all well deserved 3 points even last 10-15 minutes, was close to heart attack.
I am not worried about Gio, his time will come, and maybe he will be starter in next game!? Knezevic and Molinaro had good game shame about 2-3 mistakes they made, otherwise it would be really good for their morale.

well done to CR also.

I think Momo - Tiago was very solid and I would expect them both to start against Roma..Shame about Roma match, as they will have their best team, and on top of that they would be fully rested.

Anyway, 3 points are worth like gold in last match, and for Juve birthday we need just another 3...

Of course, here is Jpeg of the day, just like in last 2-3 games..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)