[SERIE A] Bologna vs JUVENTUS (10/29/08) (1 Viewer)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
it's easy to bash on knezevic ( i think he played the level he is capable of, so i'm satisfied ) and in another sentence praise tiago and chiellini where both had situations noone of you mentioned, that could have come more costy, because they were just inside the box ... tiago tried to clear the ball 6 yards in front of manninger and completely kicks over the ball (a attacker could have easily tapped that ball in) and chiellini twice had tackles where it was not clear to see that he played the ball and the usual inter referee had surely given bologna a penalty for that ...

i don't mean to say that giorgio and tiago did bad, i just want to say that you can not criticise one player for some situations, and praise others who had the same or even worse situations ... apart from these few situations chiellini, tiago and knezevic were good.

but that is what it's like here ... once someone critizises a player everbody gotta jump on that train and create funny nicknames and so on ... all seen it before

but yeah, thinking by oneself without repeating others words (just with cooler insults) is more difficult i guess.

perhaps too difficult... go on with your bashing.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Good games guys, lots of positive feed back. 2nd serie a game in a raw where we managed to control the midfield.. Its no surprise we managed to win...
One more thing to celebrate .. :D 2 goals :D

Forza Nedved..

Ratings:
Manninger: Solid performance so far, cannot be blamed for the goal. 6.5
Melberg: He is not a fullback, though did not commit any serious mistakes. I am not comfortable with him playing. I don't have alot of confidence in him. 6
Chiellini: Solid 7
Molinaro: Started off the game pretty well, but the second half was disastrous. Carries the blame for the Bologna goal 5.5
Marcchionni: Ran a lot. One thing I don't like about him is that many times he is caught trying to dribble where he could easily give in a simple and successful pass. Tried to score today on a few occasions and was close in a couple of them. 6
Sissoko: Ooh.. He is a worries, with passing issues :D but he is there to clean the mess and hold the ball and he did that perfectly. 6.5
Tiago: Might be the most controversial player in the whole league. He gave in some nice passes, but he did loose alot of easy ones as well. At some moments of the game I was really happy that he was showing some spirit and at others I forgot that he was on the pitch. It was really clear that midfield load was 80% on sissoko and once momo got subbed Tiago couldn't do carry the midfield with a young player next to him. I must admit that we cannot be too harsh on him since this is the first continuous official 80 min he played for a long time so he might be lacking some match fitness, but in the same time he's been training with the team for almost 18 months one would expect him to be more familiar with the players. 6
Nedved: IS CLASS. IS A LEGEND.. IS NEDVED. He was everywhere. Did not put a foot wrong and scored 2 goals while admitting he did not intend to score the second. 9.
Amauri: Personally I would have started Giovinco , Amauri needed rest. He got frustrated for being able to compete for every ball hence being selfish with that chance. Never the less he was dangerous and almost scored with a header which hit the post. 6
Iaquinta: What I feared has happened. Its official, his injury got him seriously off form and it might take him time to regain his form. I have faith in him. In his defense, starting Giovinco next to him would have given him a lot of chance to regain some of his form. 5.5

Ekdal: Couldn't fill in for Sissoko, but he's still young and needs more experience.
Giovinco: Needed more time on the field to print his name. 6
Camoranesi: 7 :D just for seeing him play again :D stay off the injury list pllleeeease.. The madrid trip is waiting for you :D

Ranieri: Did well, although he did not have alot of things to choose from. I am with resting Del Piero, this gives more confidence to the rest of the players that they are capable of working without him. Huge moral support for the rest of the team for being bale to win without Alex being on the formation. I heavily critisized him for the DP/DC sub (who hasn't) but one has to give him a clap when he does well as well. It appears that he has the respect of the squad and that is not something easily achieved. 6.5

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
it's easy to bash on knezevic ( i think he played the level he is capable of, so i'm satisfied ) and in another sentence praise tiago and chiellini where both had situations noone of you mentioned, that could have come more costy, because they were just inside the box ... tiago tried to clear the ball 6 yards in front of manninger and completely kicks over the ball (a attacker could have easily tapped that ball in) and chiellini twice had tackles where it was not clear to see that he played the ball and the usual inter referee had surely given bologna a penalty for that ...

i don't mean to say that giorgio and tiago did bad, i just want to say that you can not criticise one player for some situations, and praise others who had the same or even worse situations ... apart from these few situations chiellini, tiago and knezevic were good.

but that is what it's like here ... once someone critizises a player everbody gotta jump on that train and create funny nicknames and so on ... all seen it before

but yeah, thinking by oneself without repeating others words (just with cooler insults) is more difficult i guess.

perhaps too difficult... go on with your bashing.
sorry but tiago/chiellini made one mistake each yes i agree to that, but knevezic made a few that could have resulted in the same that the others could have. Chiellini and tiago played well through the whole course of the game, but knevezic wasnt too convincing to me. Im not on a bandwagon here, but from what i saw today is what im typing here.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And I would like to add that I liked that CR didnt go defensive on us, he kept the attacking mentality even with his subs which was finally what i was looking for. I dont like sitting back and packing it in that italian teams are known for. But also our injury situation probably had some kind of influence in his decisions tonight...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
v1rtu4l, Tiago is one of the most disliked and criticized players on this forum so i believe you're wrong.
With Chiellini you might be right. Giorgio is very clumsy and even though he's a beast, i rarely feel comfortable when i see him with the ball near our goal. But the guy proved his value already and that's why people turn a blind eye on his mistakes. Knezevic is yet to prove himself as a good defender and people fear that what they've seen on the last two matches he started (solid defending but some amateurish mistakes, one of them leading to a conceded goal) is what Knezevic is all about.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
A 44 year old Juve fan was assaulted by Bologna "fans" while he was leaving the stadium quietly walking to his car. Those f*ckers wanted to take away his Juve scarf and also hit him on the head with rocks. His condition is serious but stable. All of this happened in front of his kid.

Bunch of f*ckin' a**holes!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
And I would like to add that I liked that CR didnt go defensive on us, he kept the attacking mentality even with his subs which was finally what i was looking for. I dont like sitting back and packing it in that italian teams are known for. But also our injury situation probably had some kind of influence in his decisions tonight...
lol, exactly we didn't HAVE any defenders to enter the game :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He couldn't go all defense even if he wanted to. He had only 4 defenders and the only DMC we had today was injured and he had to be substituted.
We didn't have the players to defend.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
A 44 year old Juve fan was assaulted by Bologna "fans" while he was leaving the stadium quietly walking to his car. Those f*ckers wanted to take away his Juve scarf and also hit him on the head with rocks. His condition is serious but stable. All of this happened in front of his kid.

Not nice, but these things happen.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i thought ekdal played well considering how hard it is for subs to get into the flow of play. Giovinco needs more time, he needs a start.

It sucks to hear about that poor guy, i feel for his kid that must have been traumatized:(

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I think tiago did super well today. Yet everyone and the media will bash him. He looked very confident and did an excellent job at diverting the play and defending as well.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

sons of bitches...I hope he gets well soon :xfinger:

he got a very convincing smile and hug from CR today when he was subbed off
is it just me or is Ranieri gettin' a li'l frisky these days? I think he isn't getting any at home :p

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
i know that i may get killed for what am going to say but i have to say it :D , Gio can't play for us with this formation he is just too weak . i know its too early to judge but he is the kind of players that needs the team to be build around him like the u-21 team. i know that we all want him to be the next DP, and develope into a WC player but face it right now he can't play on the LM atleast not in Serie A.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The formation isnt the issue, though it will take time to find his place in it. But the main thing is not only the fact that he is benched, but he comes on when its 20-25 minutes left at most, and he cant get into the game at all because we have no interest to do anything because of us leading. He just chases the ball around getting very little chance to do anything whatsoever.

Yeah you make a vital point, but he really hasnt been given a go from the start much, with our little typical formation, he played in it against Catania and Bate and did real well, when we tweaked the formation for his sake (and injuries) was against Palermo, and things really didnt work out then. And that was mainly because our crap midfield couldnt give the ball to our 3 man attack.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Not to be cold and heartless, but a show of hands for how many of you wish it was Gigli... :shifty:

Get well, juventino...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)