[Serie A] Bari 3-1 JUVENTUS (December 12th, 2009) (7 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
icεmαή;2265366 said:
Melo? He should be as far away from the pitch as possible. He needs to be benched. Right now I'd rather have Molinaro in the middle of the pitch than Melo.
Let's just say you'd rather have Marrone, Tiaga or even PDC. It sounds much more realistic for now.

Molinaro still doesn't know for sure if the ball is sphere or pyramid shaped. Even though both Moli and Melo share the failure of backheels.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Realistically I'd have Poulsen in the middle. Marrone on the bench and Melo in the stands. Melo is the greater player than both of them, but until he fixes his head I don't want him anywhere near a football field wearing a Juve jersey.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Ferrara facing the sack? Thursday 10 December, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Il Corriere dello Sport understands Juventus will sack Ciro Ferrara if his side fails to beat Bari at the San Nicola on Saturday.

The Bianconeri were knocked out of the Champions League on Tuesday evening after a 4-1 defeat at home to Bayern Munich.

Juventus President Jean-Claude Blanc has since come out in defence of Ferrara, but the board is reportedly far from happy with his performance.

The Bianconeri currently lie third in Serie A, five points adrift of League leaders Inter despite last Saturday's 2-1 win in the Derby d'Italia.

A victory over Bari at the weekend will apparently be no more than a stay of execution until the end of the season unless Ferrara manages to win the Scudetto, Europa League or Coppa Italia and secure qualification for the Champions League.

Possible replacements include Claudio Gentile and Gigi Casiraghi, but Il Corriere believes Juventus are more inclined to hire either Guus Hiddink or Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Ferrara only got the job in the summer, besting the likes of Luciano Spalletti and Gian Piero Gasperini despite having no prior experience as a Head Coach.

Juventus rarely sack anyone, although they did swing the axe in Claudio Ranieri's direction last season.

He became the first Juventus trainer to get the chop since Gigi Maifredi in 1991.

channel4
if this is the case, then I hope we lose 2 or 3 to zero

enough is enough, if they get rid of Ciro, then that is a bigger victory

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Suddenly its last season all over again :sergio: As if being humiliated by Bayern wasn't enough. I hope we beat the shit out of Bari.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
if this is the case, then I hope we lose 2 or 3 to zero

enough is enough, if they get rid of Ciro, then that is a bigger victory
Not if they assign Pierluigi Casiraghi.

The only victory we get is if we get Hiddink and that's about it.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
and we will go back to 8 points is that really a good thing?
weigh it out, and let's see what's better and what's not..

I, honestly, think any team can win the title as long as they're within 10 points off the top at the midway point (After the Milan game for us) .. provided they have a great march-april form (which I think cannot provided with a not-so-good coach, let alone an abysmal one).

Because it's march and april where most teams start losing points. We lost the title in that period of time last two seasons. And it won us titles too times and times again. But we're not the best of examples. Barcelona 2003-2004 give a better example, around 12th at the midway point and second by three or four rounds to go, Valencia won the title eventually but you can see what I mean. Manutd always does it, all credit goes to Ferguson.

So, for me, it runs down like this; If that new coach can provide that form and ALSO winning his first three games in his job (hard; given we're gonna face Milan), then I don't mind getting an A class coach let alone a world class. Otherwise, we might as well let Ferrara learn around and become our long lasting legacy, he's got the potential after all albeit he completely lost it during Bordeaux game.

my two nickels ..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I love you optimists. We aren't going to win anything this season; however, I guess it doesn't hurt to keep believing and being delusional.

Whether we inflict a heavy defeat on Bari, win narrowly, draw, or lose, we will still find ways to drop points in other games. When will people realize that our Scudetto hopes have all but evaporated? Over 1/3 of the season has passed by, and we have yet to see 2 consecutive convincing Juve performances.

I find it hard to get excited by the prospect of facing the chickens in a meaningless fixture, meaningless in the sense that it comes right after our heaviest defeat @ home in Europe for over 40 years, and our 2'nd heaviest continental defeat at home in our illustrious history. Once again, thank you Ferrara, for setting all the wrong records!

Thankfully, Melo is suspended. Unfortunately, Chiellini and Sissoko are both missing/absent through injury, therefore we have to resort to the central defensive pairing of Legro and Canna. Caceres and Grosso (for lack of better options) should start. Marchisio and Poulsen for the midfield, supported by an attacking midfield trident of Camo, Diego, and Gio. The lone striker spot should go to Trez.

I think we will edge this one; a 2-1 victory for us. Let's play some quick, inspired football.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
I'm not being optimistic, I was just saying if there is a coach who can string up convincing victories for Juve he's so very welcome to replace Ciro. It's just stupid going from one bad coach to another. Real Madrid was doing exactly the same in the mid 2000s with a better caliber of coaches (in general) than Deschamps, Ranieri and Ferrara and they got no where.

Qualifying to CL? doesn't interest me in the moment, we'll figure how to do it someway or another. Either get a good coach capable of winning the scudetto and more or just leave Ferrara at the helm, he might figure something out by the start of next season or the season after.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
We need to lose for him to get fired. He didn't get fired after the humiliating 1-4 loss to Bayern and I can't really see him get fired after a win over Bari.

jbsal

Jul 25, 2008
We need to lose for him to get fired. He didn't get fired after the humiliating 1-4 loss to Bayern and I can't really see him get fired after a win over Bari.
the thing is
we went into Serie B - - 1 whole year gone
start Serie A (no CL) a little out of form - -- i whole year gone

now another whole year gonna go with Ferrara - - - ???????????????

holy cow
get Rid of him NOWWWWWWW

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
A lot of people here want Juve to lose it seems. Incredible really.
Does anyone honestly think he's gonna be fired one game before the break?

But yeah, let's lose this game & the Catania game as well to "make sure" they fire him. Those 6 points down the drain aren't gonna do us any harm, right?
Except of course when we finish the season in 4th position. That same 4th position which used to mean CL qualification, will now send us to the Europe League.

So, forza Bari I guess...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I love you optimists. We aren't going to win anything this season; however, I guess it doesn't hurt to keep believing and being delusional.

Whether we inflict a heavy defeat on Bari, win narrowly, draw, or lose, we will still find ways to drop points in other games. When will people realize that our Scudetto hopes have all but evaporated? Over 1/3 of the season has passed by, and we have yet to see 2 consecutive convincing Juve performances.

I find it hard to get excited by the prospect of facing the chickens in a meaningless fixture, meaningless in the sense that it comes right after our heaviest defeat @ home in Europe for over 40 years, and our 2'nd heaviest continental defeat at home in our illustrious history. Once again, thank you Ferrara, for setting all the wrong records!

Thankfully, Melo is suspended. Unfortunately, Chiellini and Sissoko are both missing/absent through injury, therefore we have to resort to the central defensive pairing of Legro and Canna. Caceres and Grosso (for lack of better options) should start. Marchisio and Poulsen for the midfield, supported by an attacking midfield trident of Camo, Diego, and Gio. The lone striker spot should go to Trez.

I think we will edge this one; a 2-1 victory for us. Let's play some quick, inspired football.
I hate you perpetual pessimists though.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
1 Buffon
2 Caceres
5 Cannavaro
6 Grosso
7 Salihamidzic
8 Marchisio
10 Del Piero
11 Amauri
12 Chimenti
13 Manninger
15 Zebina
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Poulsen
19 Molinaro
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
28 Diego
29 De Ceglie
30 Tiago
33 Legrottaglie
39 Marrone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)