Serie A 2023-24 (118 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Dries Mertens with 173 g+a in 261 games for Napoli comes to mind but that includes all competitions not Serie A only.
since assists weren't always recorded these stats only make sense for the last few decades. i'd say immobile has a better g+a than berardi, someone should check to be sure

also berardi's favorite bitch is inda. imagine if he's rightfully sent off vs us, inda would still be unbeaten lol

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I dont like Berardi at all, but having seen that game yesterday, some of his passes and shoots are pure quality, that left foot is golden.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So it was actually Sassuolo that's so good, not us that's so bad. Got it.
You'd probably find that if we'd beaten them Inter would have then beaten them 3-0 or something. Confidence is a big thing. But also, Sassuolo have had Inter's number a few times in recent times, even if not the last couple of years.

It's not like Sassuolo aren't a upper mid table kind of team who can always trouble big teams. And we barely qualify as a big team these days.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I don't know if we have anybody on our team with as good a shot as him.
he just shoots a lot and some of those shots go in, I don't think his shooting is necessarily elite, at least not from efficiency pov. although this season so far is a great one for him, he has 3 goals from 8 shots from open play, while last season it was 3 goals from gazillion shots

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
he just shoots a lot and some of those shots go in, I don't think his shooting is necessarily elite, at least not from efficiency pov.
cristiano just used to shoot more than anyone (and maybe he still does). i don't think his shooting is necessarily elite, at least not from efficiency pov

- - - Updated - - -

I can’t stand him
oh absolutely, me neither (if calling him cunt wasn't enough of a clue lol). easily one of the most punchable faces in football

and he keeps getting away with these antics for years. playing for inda is something else

Strickland

May 17, 2019
cristiano just used to shoot more than anyone (and maybe he still does). i don't think his shooting is necessarily elite, at least not from efficiency pov
Berardi last season:
1695905511789.png

Cristiano in his last season with Juve:
1695905463435.png

green is goal, yellow is post, blue is saved, violet is blocked, red is missed. Cristiano might not be the most efficient guy, but I think the difference in efficiency is clear here. of course Berardi has had a lot better seasons than last one, but he was frustrating to watch for both Italy and Sass.

though both are good examples on why teams take 90% less shots from outside the penalty area than 10-15 years ago, the success rate for those is horrible for most players, even guys like Ronaldo.

source: https://understat.com/player/1612

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Berardi last season:
1695905511789.png

Cristiano in his last season with Juve:
1695905463435.png

green is goal, yellow is post, blue is saved, violet is blocked, red is missed. Cristiano might not be the most efficient guy, but I think the difference in efficiency is clear here. of course Berardi has had a lot better seasons than last one, but he was frustrating to watch for both Italy and Sass.

source: https://understat.com/player/1612
my point was that efficiency is not important if you score a shit load of goals. ronaldo had a conversion rate of around 15-17% throughout his top5 career (didn't check, might be inaccurate for this very season, and i bet it's much better in the saudi league), while haaland was above 30% last season. even osimhen converted like 25% during last season. still, ronaldo is an elite shooter, and his conversion rate mustn't even be brought into this debate

and berardi isn't any different. he scores a lot, and that's what elite shooters (whoever they are) are supposed to do

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
he just shoots a lot and some of those shots go in, I don't think his shooting is necessarily elite, at least not from efficiency pov. although this season so far is a great one for him, he has 3 goals from 8 shots from open play, while last season it was 3 goals from gazillion shots
Sure, but even then we don't have anybody who's really that good at shooting. We've got some good at heading and some good at finishing with their feet but that's a different thing imo

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We need elite shooters because we create few chances, so I doubt Berardi would help us much. If we played a different formation, maybe he would fit in and we'd see others perform better too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 37, Guests: 72)