Serie A 2020-21 (17 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Did you watch Milan yesterday? Pretty confident they will get battered by Inter. I know its a derby but the difference is pretty stark
Depends who lead earlier.
Inter played their usual game against Lazio. Its their typical play when they got the first penalty and 3rd goal. Lukaku back against the goal and pinpoint pass to Lautaro, and they got penalty.

Then they play for counter. 2nd goal is quite lucky. The 3rd goal, it won't happen against a team at 0-0 or protecting the lead

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
also, look at lukaku:

no team besides juve has a defense in italy that can realistically be expected to stop him. either an injury stops him or we can expect him to keep scoring.
I'm beginning to wonder whether a dybala-lukaku swap wasn't such a bad idea after all...

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
This

The loss against Napoli was the final straw. We needed to win that to give us a figuring chance of staying in touch with the top 2. Inter only have one game a week to focus on from here until the end of the season. We fucked it.
The draw against Lazio was the final straw.
The loss against Fiorentina was the final straw.
The loss against Inter was the final straw.
The loss against Napoli was the final straw.

I saw plenty of comments like this after each of the matches I mentioned, and yet, we are within two wins of both Milan and Inter with 16 games to play.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The draw against Lazio was the final straw.
The loss against Fiorentina was the final straw.
The loss against Inter was the final straw.
The loss against Napoli was the final straw.

I saw plenty of comments like this after each of the matches I mentioned, and yet, we are within two wins of both Milan and Inter with 16 games to play.
What’s your point exactly? Every game you just quoted is kind of proving my theory. We have failed in almost every “big” clash in the league this season.

We are still behind both clubs with the amount of games running out and with no signs of improvement in the big games, especially away from home. And now we are -8 and also with a more likely worse H2H deficit to overcome against Inter.

You said you were content because Milan lost yesterday. Well, inter won, and now instead of being -7 behind we are now -8. Disastrous round for us and a real blow to our confidence. We are a Ronaldo injury away from being absolutely fucked, as no one else is really stepping up at the moment.

We shot ourselves in the foot so much the past few seasons. So much many stupid errors on and off the field that didn’t need to happen and now we run a serious risk of missing out on 10 in a row. I won’t say the CL is out of the question, but aiming for top 4 for a club of our ambitions and our squad is a joke.

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
What’s your point exactly? Every game you just quoted is kind of proving my theory. We have failed in almost every “big” clash in the league this season.

We are still behind both clubs with the amount of games running out and with no signs of improvement in the big games, especially away from home. And now we are -8 and also with a more likely worse H2H deficit to overcome against Inter.

You said you were content because Milan lost yesterday. Well, inter won, and now instead of being -7 behind we are now -8. Disastrous round for us and a real blow to our confidence. We are a Ronaldo injury away from being absolutely fucked, as no one else is really stepping up at the moment.

We shot ourselves in the foot so much the past few seasons. So much many stupid errors on and off the field that didn’t need to happen and now we run a serious risk of missing out on 10 in a row. I won’t say the CL is out of the question, but aiming for top 4 for a club of our ambitions and our squad is a joke.
The point is that one defeat in the league doesn’t change anything.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Didnt watch but I see Inter beat Lazio.
Milan lacks depth.
Juve lacks in creating chances.

Im afraid to say Inter are probably going to get their first legit Scudetto since 1989.

Just watched last night`s highlights - WTF Inter`s first goal was never a penalty and their second should have been an offside. The third is valid though..

Last edited:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
This

The loss against Napoli was the final straw. We needed to win that to give us a figuring chance of staying in touch with the top 2. Inter only have one game a week to focus on from here until the end of the season. We fucked it.
There's a fix for that. Fail against Porto and we'll also have less games to worry about :weee:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I still feel we can win it, especially if Inter don’t beat Milan next week.
We can IF we play like we are expecting us to play but considering our problem creating chances I highly doubt it.

Take Napoli for example - We didnt deserve to lose but can you say we created so much that we were unlucky not to get all 3 points? I personally cant.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
One game doesnt make Inter world beaters. Just to remind some of you that they were really lucky to win their game vs 10 man Napoli not so long ago. Inter is shaky a fuck and they can still bottle it. Not to mention they are so dependant on one player, that his injury would probably ruin evertyhing.
Saying this I think they will win it, but we have to fight till the end.
On other hand for me - this is the beggining of downfall for the other Milanese side, imo in next two weeks they will be out of Scudetto race. You simply cant build strong team with the players like Calhanoglu, Leao or Kjaer, they will do good for some time, but invetably they will turn to his normal self in no time and this is currently happening with Milan.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Looked at the form of TOP7 teams since the restart (8 games played), table looks like this:

Juve 18 points
Atalanta 18 (but played 9 games)
Inter 17
Roma 16
Lazio 16
Milan 15
Napoli 15

If everyone finishes the season on current pace since restart, end table looks like this:

Inter 84 points
Juve 80
Milan 79
Roma 75
Napoli, Atalanta, Lazio all 72

We had the toughest stretch, facing Inter, Roma, Milan and Napoli within those games so that gives some room for optimism. However, we and Atalanta have CL and Coppa remaining, Lazio has CL, Milan, Napoli and Roma all have EL and also we have to play the extra game against Naples, while Inter has nothing distracting them and will be the most fresh. Even though we've started the year in a better form than the first half of season, I'd say Inter are the rock hard favorites over Juventus here, especially if we progress further in CL.

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
It would be a miracle if both Inter and Milan don't drop points somewhere, people are expecting a win streak like Bayern/City but that's not happening. Its up to us to avoid dropping points from now on.

Yes the midfield is the main weakness its good enough for the league. We need better finishing from Ronaldo, Dybala needs to get fit, Morata needs to come out of his hibernation. Right now Chiesa is out most consistent performer but others need to step up.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
It would be a miracle if both Inter and Milan don't drop points somewhere, people are expecting a win streak like Bayern/City but that's not happening. Its up to us to avoid dropping points from now on.

Yes the midfield is the main weakness its good enough for the league. We need better finishing from Ronaldo, Dybala needs to get fit, Morata needs to come out of his hibernation. Right now Chiesa is out most consistent performer but others need to step up.
Of course, in the remaining 16 games Inter will probably lose a couple and draw several as well. Would be a good start to get 9/9 points against Crotone, Spezia and Verona in the next 3 games, in the first round we had 5/9 against these.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Of course, in the remaining 16 games Inter will probably lose a couple and draw several as well. Would be a good start to get 9/9 points against Crotone, Spezia and Verona in the next 3 games, in the first round we had 5/9 against these.
Inter played 22 games and have 50pts - at this rate they are going to finish with 86pts
If we can manage 87 pts we should be able to win it (of course its just stats and not an exact science).
87 pts while we currently have 42 pts in 21 games
45 pts needed in the remaining 17 games
Thats 15W and 2L / 14W and 3D
With us not creating enough it would be very tough. its possible but not probable.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Inter played 22 games and have 50pts - at this rate they are going to finish with 86pts
If we can manage 87 pts we should be able to win it (of course its just stats and not an exact science).
87 pts while we currently have 42 pts in 21 games
45 pts needed in the remaining 17 games
Thats 15W and 2L / 14W and 3D
With us not creating enough it would be very tough. its possible but not probable.
y, 82-86 is what I'd predict for Inter. not feeling very optimistic about our chances here, we dropped a hell lot of points in the first half and even though we're improving since the restart (Inter is doing a bit worse and Milan a lot worse than in 1st half), it's still not good enough.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Yes, we also have to play Inter at the end of the season so it should be in our hands but only if we keep up. No point looking at the others, we've done this to ourselves but as always, there will be opportunities to get to the top. This is Inter, not City or Bayern who once at the top just run away out of reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)