Serie A 2019/20 (97 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, there's a difference between can't & don't want.

Cancel Coppa Italia for the season & you immediately free up 2 dates. Forget about spreading games over different days for a while, but play all games at the same time & you can easily fit more games into the same timeframe.

But we'll see what happens tomorrow. If I had to take a guess, then I'd say the league is going to be on hold starting from tomorrow. And I wonder what kind of solution, if any, they're going to come up with.
There’s no way that coronavirus outbreak goes away in less than 2 months. What would you do with 8 cancelled games?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I would agree with that. Except what do normal workers do in Italy in those regions at the moment? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know.

Schools is understandable since it's a gathering of lots of people, but closed doors football matches groups maybe 60 people? These people are being controlled and tested I imagine, as opposed to random people gathering, it's much safer.

If it's deemed unsafe or if someone contracts the virus then that's good measures to take otherwise that feels like footballer getting pampered while the rest of normal workers not
Working depends on your profession. Everyone that can be afforded to be sent home for work, is working from home.

I don't like football being cancelled, but it makes sense even if it's disappointing.

The impact of this epidemic on northern Italy cannot be exaggerated.

- - - Updated - - -

We should be careful. CONI doesn't order anything here. It is pending a governmental decree, which could come tomorrow. They are putting forward their suggestion that the government has to decide on.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Yeah I think it's fine if they cancel Serie A, sure it sucks but we can do nothing about it

I just wonder how they'll deal with the shitstorm that comes with the scudetto assignment

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
With all due respect, concerns about the scudetto are here, online.

There has never been less emotion about football in Italy as right now. The matter is serious. Sure people will miss Serie A but its not a priority, just a good distraction from reality. A quarter of the country is quarantined and it will only get worse for now because of the medical system's possible collapse.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
With all due respect, concerns about the scudetto are here, online.

There has never been less emotion about football in Italy as right now. The matter is serious. Sure people will miss Serie A but its not a priority, just a good distraction from reality. A quarter of the country is quarantined and it will only get worse for now because of the medical system's possible collapse.
dont they only have 3,000 cases? is that seriously enough to collapse their medical system?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
dont they only have 3,000 cases? is that seriously enough to collapse their medical system?
7000+ cases
366 deaths
The collapse is not a hypothesis anymore, it's a matter of when. A month ago hospitals started to repurpose spaces to accomodate more intensive care. More than 10% of the cases result in intensive care. 1500+ cases total since yesterday. For Lombardia is around 400 people in intensive care, 40 new people in intensive since yesterday. There are maybe 600 beds available in Lombardia after all the effort to maximize. The more it spreads the more these numbers will grow, and once people cannot be swiftly put into care, case will worsen and it can snowball from there.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
I blame that fanny balotelli for crying to end the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe not the worst thing in the world?

Fresher legs for the Lyon game.

Glass half full people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you not playing regularly you get out of a rhythm you cant just turn that on and off plus you lose match sharpness and fitness. Lyon game is close so might not matter much there but going any further is terrible.

Last edited:

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
FIGC In Talks With UEFA Over Possible Extension To Serie A Season

The Italian football federation (FIGC) are currently in talks with European football’s governing body regarding the possible extension of the 2019/20 Serie A season according to a report in today’s print edition of Corriere della Sera.

It is looking increasingly likely that Serie A will be suspended at least until April 3 in a bid to try and prevent the spread of Coronavirus but it means around 30 games will need re-scheduled and finding space for all those games will be extremely difficult given the lack of time between now and when the season should end.

Extending the season is very difficult this Summer given the European Championship’s are set to take place although they may not take place at all given the current situation or the start date of the tournament could be pushed back.

As per the report, UEFA are currently not considering the possibility of the tournament not taking place but it may need postponed to the following Summer depending on how the situation develops.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
7000+ cases
366 deaths
The collapse is not a hypothesis anymore, it's a matter of when. A month ago hospitals started to repurpose spaces to accomodate more intensive care. More than 10% of the cases result in intensive care. 1500+ cases total since yesterday. For Lombardia is around 400 people in intensive care, 40 new people in intensive since yesterday. There are maybe 600 beds available in Lombardia after all the effort to maximize. The more it spreads the more these numbers will grow, and once people cannot be swiftly put into care, case will worsen and it can snowball from there.
If Italian government had taken precautions at an early stage this situation would not have arisen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)