Serie A 2018/19 (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's written in the usual for sensationalist liberal style of the Guardian where he has chosen certain rare incidents and suggested that they are the norm. For example he suggests Di Canio's hand salute from 13 years ago is commonplace and recent.

The title suggests that a trend is growing but he is using past issues and seems to use Lazio Ultras as the common attitude of all fanbases.

It says racists incidents have risen in Italy and suggests it is due to growth in fascism but doesn't delve other reasons why e.g. tensions with increased number of migrants.

In my experience in visiting Italy for many years, I don't believe that fascism or racism are growing. I would comfortably say in my experience it has been the opposite. Italy certainly has an issue with racism, but I really don't see it in any way as bad or growing as the guy is suggesting. He also ignores any positive stories e.g. villages welcoming migrants or football teams set up to help migrants.

I'm not surprised the Guardian are jumping on this one, just like the did on the Ronaldo story.
:tup:

We can talk about it being a clear and significant issue in Italy, which the ones in power ignore, without succumbing to spouting that level of hysterical exaggerations and cheap stereotypes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's written in the usual for sensationalist liberal style of the Guardian where he has chosen certain rare incidents and suggested that they are the norm. For example he suggests Di Canio's hand salute from 13 years ago is commonplace and recent.

The title suggests that a trend is growing but he is using past issues and seems to use Lazio Ultras as the common attitude of all fanbases.

It says racists incidents have risen in Italy and suggests it is due to growth in fascism but doesn't delve other reasons why e.g. tensions with increased number of migrants.

In my experience in visiting Italy for many years, I don't believe that fascism or racism are growing. I would comfortably say in my experience it has been the opposite. Italy certainly has an issue with racism, but I really don't see it in any way as bad or growing as the guy is suggesting. He also ignores any positive stories e.g. villages welcoming migrants or football teams set up to help migrants.

I'm not surprised the Guardian are jumping on this one, just like the did on the Ronaldo story.
:agree:

He also says that attendances have been falling every year for the past 20 years which is complete and utter BS too. The 06/07 season (the first post-Farsopoli season) attracted an average gate of about 19,000. Last season’s average attendance was close to 25,000, and that has risen every season since we started winning. So much for people staying away in droves because of “the mind-numbing boredom of Juventus winning every season”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)