Serie A 2018/19 (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has been courting controversy again with his comments on gay players and womanising.

The Belgium international was left out of the squad for the 2018 World Cup and many believe it has more to do with his off the field behaviour than performances.

He sat down with Belgian TV Gert Late Night for a 'late night confessions’ interview and did not hold back.

“A lot of women approach you really brazenly and it’s difficult to say no sometimes. I’m married, I’m not going to say that I am an angle, but the important thing is that it never comes out…

“It’s really tough, as if you go to a party and suddenly there are five women around you. What do you do?”

There are still hardly any openly gay professional football players and Nainggolan is not surprised.

“They do not come out. They are ashamed and realise they’d probably be finished in this sport if they came out today. It’d be tough to talk about that in a locker room. Football is known for being surrounded by beautiful women.”

He was also asked about his future and don’t expect to see Nainggolan as a Coach.

“I want to step away from the football world. I don’t want to be an analyst or a Coach, I don’t want anything to do with it.

“I am opening a clothing store in Rome and I hope it’ll become one of the best in the city. It’ll be special, with a bar inside. We’re planning to open in July, but there is still work going on.”

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
"I’m married, I’m not going to say that I am an angle, but the important thing is that it never comes out…"

Does he admit to cheating on his wife in this quote and saying all that matters is it doesn't come to light? :shifty:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has been courting controversy again with his comments on gay players and womanising.

The Belgium international was left out of the squad for the 2018 World Cup and many believe it has more to do with his off the field behaviour than performances.

He sat down with Belgian TV Gert Late Night for a 'late night confessions’ interview and did not hold back.

“A lot of women approach you really brazenly and it’s difficult to say no sometimes. I’m married, I’m not going to say that I am an angle, but the important thing is that it never comes out…

“It’s really tough, as if you go to a party and suddenly there are five women around you. What do you do?”

There are still hardly any openly gay professional football players and Nainggolan is not surprised.

“They do not come out. They are ashamed and realise they’d probably be finished in this sport if they came out today. It’d be tough to talk about that in a locker room. Football is known for being surrounded by beautiful women.”

He was also asked about his future and don’t expect to see Nainggolan as a Coach.

“I want to step away from the football world. I don’t want to be an analyst or a Coach, I don’t want anything to do with it.

“I am opening a clothing store in Rome and I hope it’ll become one of the best in the city. It’ll be special, with a bar inside. We’re planning to open in July, but there is still work going on.”
Respek on the candor, he's got nothing to lose

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
2 things

Venezia :tuttosport:

why did Cittadella progress to the semifinal when the game ended 2-2, and there wasnt a 1st game before this to my knowledge?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Brilliant idea. Booze up and then go buy some shitty clothes you'd never buy when sober.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
2 things

Venezia :tuttosport:

why did Cittadella progress to the semifinal when the game ended 2-2, and there wasnt a 1st game before this to my knowledge?
That put Cittadella ahead of Bari in the table and therefore they had the right to play this one-off match with the home advantage.

It also meant that if the tie ended level after both 90 minutes and extra time, Cittadella would go through as the side with the superior regular season position

From FI

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
1st round of playoff matches are decided:
- by the result over 90 minutes
- by the result after overtime
- if it's still a draw after 120 minutes, the team with a better position on the league table will progress to the next round

bari can only thank themselves: they got a point deduction for a minor tax issue, so they lost a position on the table to cittadella, and they also lost their home advantage (that's why they played the playoff match away from home), and lost the advantage they could have had after overtime in case the original standings would have stayed intact.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That put Cittadella ahead of Bari in the table and therefore they had the right to play this one-off match with the home advantage.

It also meant that if the tie ended level after both 90 minutes and extra time, Cittadella would go through as the side with the superior regular season position

From FI

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
- if it's still a draw after 120 minutes, the team with a better position on the league table will progress to the next round

bari can only thank themselves: they got a point deduction for a minor tax issue, so they lost a position on the table to cittadella, and they also lost their home advantage (that's why they played the playoff match away from home), and lost the advantage they could have had after overtime in case the original standings would have stayed intact.
oh OK, thanks. sucks a lot, Bari-Frosinone and Venezia-Palermo would be hell of a matchups. but props for Cittadella for using their chances, hope they crash out next round

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
You just know that shitty little Cittadella will be the team to sneak through the play-offs and get promoted. Sick of these shitty little nothing teams with zero fans always making it this far.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

No. They can thank you.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

some weird fuckin rules man, why not just qualify whoever the fuck finished above and be done with it.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
"I’m married, I’m not going to say that I am an angle, but the important thing is that it never comes out…"

Does he admit to cheating on his wife in this quote and saying all that matters is it doesn't come to light? :shifty:
he knows himself that she is there only for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)