Serie A 2017/18 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
agreed, he's probably the best keeper in the league this season. (szczesny must be a very close 2nd.)

------------------------

here's cutrone's header again:

[video=facebook;1624042480967533]https://www.facebook.com/ZanderaEntertainment/videos/1624042480967533/[/video]

rizzoli said the other day that with var, errors are down to 1%. without any relevant data, i can't argue with that, but var seems pretty useless after this one. (or napoli's offside goal, or the penalty not given for berna's hand ball, or the penalty we conceded against genoa when galabinov was offside before rugani fouled him, etc).
which Napoli's offside goal? you mean the one against Atalanta? to me it hardly seemed offside and even if it was, it was still a judgement call.
the other incidents as well are on some level judgement calls, because you need to draw a line how far you track back incidents to review them and you have to interpret whether the handball was intentional or not.

but this one was a blatant mistake, intentional or not you cannot score with your hand, there's no room for discussion here, that specific VAR shouldn't be anywhere near this level if he lets this slip.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
which Napoli's offside goal? you mean the one against Atalanta? to me it hardly seemed offside and even if it was, it was still a judgement call.
to me, it was a clear offside (mertens' upper body was closer to the goal than the foot of the atalanta defender), and if i get it right what you mean, an offside like this is not a judgement call by any means.

have you seen the penalty awarded to napoli against bologna? that one's worth a look, too:

[video=twitter;957627040248852481]https://twitter.com/forumJuventus/status/957627040248852481[/video]

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
You’re either offside or not, so they still shouldn’t make mistakes like they do like Mertens goal against Atalanta. Before VAR, sure, you can make a mistake like that and most people wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) have the right to complain too much.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You’re either offside or not, so they still shouldn’t make mistakes like they do like Mertens goal against Atalanta. Before VAR, sure, you can make a mistake like that and most people wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) have the right to complain too much.
yupp.

page 4 here:
https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_11_offside_en_47383.pdf

position shouldn't be debatable. involvement in active play might be down to individual judgement in cases.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
to me, it was a clear offside (mertens' upper body was closer to the goal than the foot of the atalanta defender), and if i get it right what you mean, an offside like this is not a judgement call by any means.

have you seen the penalty awarded to napoli against bologna? that one's worth a look, too:

[video=twitter;957627040248852481]https://twitter.com/forumJuventus/status/957627040248852481[/video]
really, clear offside? if it really was offside, it was one of the smallest offsides possible, they were literally next to each other.

it's not like it's possible to easily stop the video at the exact part of the second where the ball is leaving the foot of the assister (well it is possible, but probably not in the time frame VAR works in), so such small differences like that one shouldn't be debated, especially if the ref favors the attacking team as per FIFA guidelines.

the Cutrone incident is a clear blatant error though that in my opinion is in a league of it own, it's shocking that these things are happening in an era of VAR.

edit: that penalty is shameful as well, I agree. but at least for incidents like this one the VAR can try to find excuses saying how there was contact etc, but what could he say in Cutrone's case? I had to pee so I missed it? :D

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Where was VAR?

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Cutrone's goal was a legit goal

For a handball to be given it must be intentional by the player

In this case his arm was in a natural position and he had no way of moving it out of the way in time after he missed the header

I don''t know why people are going crazy over this it can not be handball if it was accidental and his arm position shows he has not moved it to hit the ball with his arm

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting article on commentary from Serie A and Premier League

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...eague-serie-a-language?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Cutrone's goal was a legit goal

For a handball to be given it must be intentional by the player

In this case his arm was in a natural position and he had no way of moving it out of the way in time after he missed the header

I don''t know why people are going crazy over this it can not be handball if it was accidental and his arm position shows he has not moved it to hit the ball with his arm

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting article on commentary from Serie A and Premier League

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...eague-serie-a-language?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
did you see the power with which the ball flew into the net? it wasn't some innocent deflection, he basically punched the ball full force into the net with a clear hand movement towards the ball.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
did you see the power with which the ball flew into the net? it wasn't some innocent deflection, he basically punched the ball full force into the net with a clear hand movement towards the ball.
His arm is in sync with his body, he hasn't moved his arm individually towards the ball. His body is moving in that direction and his arm is following as he's going to head the ball

Completely accidental and as per the rules it is not a foul

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
His arm is in sync with his body, he hasn't moved his arm individually towards the ball. His body is moving in that direction and his arm is following as he's going to head the ball

Completely accidental and as per the rules it is not a foul
That's your interpretation which seems very strange for me, Cutrone must make super tense headers if the ball ricochets off his hand by accident with that power.

But at least I see where the VAR is coming from with his reasoning, apparently there is at least one person agreeing with him.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
That's your interpretation. But at least I see where the VAR is coming from with his reasoning, apparently there is at least one person agreeing with him.
I don't see how anyone can come to any other conclusion watching the video

You would have to have computer reactions to intentionally handle the ball after failing to hit it with your head like that

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
His coach admitted it should have been disallowed. Cutrone has apologized for the incident. But Vialli knows best. :sergio:

He directed the ball in with his arm. No other part of his body touched it. simple.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Even the Milanese TVs said it's a handball. :D
Well that's it case closed then Milan TV said it's handball it must be handball then even if the rules say otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

His coach admitted it should have been disallowed. Cutrone has apologized for the incident. But Vialli knows best. :sergio:

He directed the ball in with his arm. No other part of his body touched it. simple.
you don't understand the handball rule, accidentally hitting the ball with your arm is not a foul. It is possible to score a goal with your arm and it not being a handball

Nejc

May 13, 2006
"Natural position" of hand is also taken into consideration along with intent. You can't stick your arms out and call it accidental if the ball hits you. It would be a clear penalty if a defender did what Cutrone did. Think of the penalty we got when De Sciglio was hit into his hand last season.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
His arm is in a natural position to head the ball.

When you head the ball your arm is raised for balance

That is a natural position, an unnatural position would be if he extended his arm outwards towards the direction of the ball or away form his body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)