Serie A 2017/18 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Wait... I just saw Cutrone's goal today against Lazio he scored with his arm. I thought it was a header. Gattuso admitted it should have been disallowed, and Simone Inzaghi is bitching about it. Apparently the ball didn't even touch Cutrone's head, turned it in entirely with his arm.

VAR in Italy :baus: :rofl:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Wait... I just saw Cutrone's goal today against Lazio he scored with his arm. I thought it was a header. Gattuso admitted it should have been disallowed, and Simone Inzaghi is bitching about it. Apparently the ball didn't even touch Cutrone's head, turned it in entirely with his arm.

VAR in Italy :baus: :rofl:
They miss that, but pick up a foul from Lichtsteiner 60 seconds before we score a goal against Atalanta ::lol3::

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The VAR who somehow missed that should be sent to qualification raising courses and demoted to Serie C or something, if not given a fine for his performance. There are terrible referee mistakes and bad judgement, but this is honestly the worst I've ever seen, I mean what's his excuse? It's a 100% handball, there's no room for interpretation, he's got the replay from several angles.. it's unbelievable someone would miss this, every housewife in Italy would've done a better job last night.

I tried pro refereeing for a few months in high school and I'm usually against being overly critical towards refs, but this is just terrible.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
I think we all know why they pushed/rushed to have VAR this season,

How that milan goal wasn't canceled :lol:

How your welcomed in Napoli after rejecting a move

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Every offside call?

BTW looks like we're gonna have to take care of Naples ourselves, just like that season when Zaza scored the winner.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Every offside call?

BTW looks like we're gonna have to take care of Naples ourselves, just like that season when Zaza scored the winner.
Europa League Last 16 takes place on March 8th and 15th, if Napoli don't chicken out and beat Leipzig in their duel in Last 32, I can see them dropping points on several occasions in February and March, that's two more games every month for a team that has no attacking depth and has some tricky matchups in those months like Lazio, Inter and Roma.

If they swallow their pride, do the sensible thing and drop out of EL like they did with Coppa Italia, I'd seriously worry about our 7th Scudetto. We play them at the end of April, round 34, it might be too late to damage their morale Zaza style.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I am probably exaggerating. I do recall you saying Cengiz Under was a very good signing, Schick and Pellegrini too, but aside from that. Nada.

I think Roma screwed up by bringing in players not ready for the pressure and unrealistic expectations at Roma.

Fazio is a solid defender, very good positionally, but easily beat by players with any sort of pace. He loses his man often because of slow he is. Manolas has the quickness to cover often, but it often leaves them caught out.
Fazio is a fucking turtle :D he's like the slowest defender ever. But I think him next to Manolas is a great partnership. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not talking about top club levels, but Fazio came for peantus and he was above average for them IMO.

I did like Under but that was purely on youtube :D and I just heard about him from Turks. Nothing really there. I honestly wanted to see Shick at Juve eventhough I though his price was heavy. I really like the kid and he reminds of Morata/Ibra. He's a rare sort of player. He's injured however, I doubt he's anywhere near fit enough to show himself. I saw him choke infront of the net but I think it's hard to judge based on that. Even Higuain chokes there, let alone an injured kid. I believe he'll show next season if he was worth the money. I thought they'd sell Dzeko to play him there so they'd invest in a winger. But I guess not.

I still think Kolarov and Pellegrini are/were great moves for little cash. I think Kolarov will fade away in a year or two, though.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Fazio is a fucking turtle :D he's like the slowest defender ever. But I think him next to Manolas is a great partnership. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not talking about top club levels, but Fazio came for peantus and he was above average for them IMO.

I did like Under but that was purely on youtube :D and I just heard about him from Turks. Nothing really there. I honestly wanted to see Shick at Juve eventhough I though his price was heavy. I really like the kid and he reminds of Morata/Ibra. He's a rare sort of player. He's injured however, I doubt he's anywhere near fit enough to show himself. I saw him choke infront of the net but I think it's hard to judge based on that. Even Higuain chokes there, let alone an injured kid. I believe he'll show next season if he was worth the money. I thought they'd sell Dzeko to play him there so they'd invest in a winger. But I guess not.

I still think Kolarov and Pellegrini are/were great moves for little cash. I think Kolarov will fade away in a year or two, though.
There might be something seriously wrong with Schick given how we suddenly pulled the plug after his medicals and how he's been struggling with injuries this season. Very often these players who are injury prone/get serious injuries at a young age are also injury prone later in their careers. Of course I'm just speculating here, but us backing out of the Schick deal the way we did was very strange and there must be something behind it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Allison looks like a WC talent

Can see why he's Brazil No.1 over Ederson
agreed, he's probably the best keeper in the league this season. (szczesny must be a very close 2nd.)

------------------------

here's cutrone's header again:

[video=facebook;1624042480967533]https://www.facebook.com/ZanderaEntertainment/videos/1624042480967533/[/video]

rizzoli said the other day that with var, errors are down to 1%. without any relevant data, i can't argue with that, but var seems pretty useless after this one. (or napoli's offside goal, or the penalty not given for berna's hand ball, or the penalty we conceded against genoa when galabinov was offside before rugani fouled him, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)