Serie A 2017/18 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well that's it case closed then Milan TV said it's handball it must be handball then even if the rules say otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

you don't understand the handball rule, accidentally hitting the ball with your arm is not a foul. It is possible to score a goal with your arm and it not being a handball
And you clearly haven't a clue how the handball rule is actually applied. 90% of handballs are accidental. It's rare players actually try to block the ball with their arm. Unless the arm is tight to the body, handball is pretty much always given. His arm is up and out from his body. That's the only reason the ball hits it. And the only reason the ball goes in. It's natural to jump by throwing one's hands up into the air, but if you hit the ball with your hand above your head it's whistled. Always. It's that Simple.

Who the fuck cares though. I'm laughing at how useless VAR is. And you come alone with another retarded opinion.

Ignore.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
And you clearly haven't a clue how the handball rule is actually applied. 90% of handballs are accidental. It's rare players actually try to block the ball with their arm. Unless the arm is tight to the body, handball is pretty much always given. His arm is up and out from his body. That's the only reason the ball hits it. And the only reason the ball goes in. It's natural to jump by throwing one's hands up into the air, but if you hit the ball with your hand above your head it's whistled. Always. It's that Simple.

Who the fuck cares though. I'm laughing at how useless VAR is. And you come alone with another retarded opinion.

Ignore.
So his arm is in a natural position then

Player has shown no intent to handle the ball

It can not be a foul if that's the case

your arms will never be by your side if you are heading the ball

it was an accidental handball and his positioning of the arms were natural

It can't be anymore black and white than that and if you think otherwise you don't understand the rules of the game

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Vialli_92 actually got a legit point. It isn't ludacris to argue that it is a legit goal, altho I'd say it isn't due to the bend of the arm as well as the long travelling tiem from the cross. It's a decision down to the referees estimate of the following

Handling the ball

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the
ball with the hand or arm.
The following must be considered:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.)
is an offence
• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) is an offence
https://football-technology.fifa.com/media/1245/lotg_17_18_en.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Gattuso doesn't know the rules then also. Cool. :baus:
Argument from authority is a common fallacy, Mark.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Vialli_92 actually got a legit point. It isn't ludacris to argue that it is a legit goal, altho I'd say it isn't due to the bend of the arm. It's a decision down to the referees estimate of the following

https://www.fifa.com/mm/Document/Fo...ng/02/36/01/11/LawsofthegamewebEN_Neutral.pdf
The point is that if this is seen, it's always called handball. That's how the rule is applied. I can jump higher by throwing my hands up over my head. However if I punch the ball while doing so, it's a handball.

It's your responsibility to keep your arms in by your body. Which is why defenders don't put their arms out into the air while jumping to defend setpieces. There are lots of times arms extended from the body are natural while moving around, but if it touches the ball it is handball anyways. The "natural position" thing is silly. Any time the arm is out from the body refs call it an unnatural position. That term literally only means arm out from body when practically applied.

Cutrone's goal should have been disallowed. It wouldn't have gone in without his extended arm directing it in. It's that simple.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Vialli_92 actually got a legit point. It isn't ludacris to argue that it is a legit goal, altho I'd say it isn't due to the bend of the arm as well as the long travelling tiem from the cross. It's a decision down to the referees estimate of the following

https://football-technology.fifa.com/media/1245/lotg_17_18_en.pdf
His only time to react to moving his arm out of the way is from the moment he misses the ball with his head

The reaction time he has after missing the header to move his arm out of the way is an impossible feat for any human to achieve that is why in my opinion it can not be a foul

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
The point is that if this is seen, it's always called handball. That's how the rule is applied. I can jump higher by throwing my hands up over my head. However if I punch the ball while doing so, it's a handball.

It's your responsibility to keep your arms in by your body. Which is why defenders don't put their arms out into the air while jumping to defend setpieces. There are lots of times arms extended from the body are natural while moving around, but if it touches the ball it is handball anyways. The "natural position" thing is silly. Any time the arm is out from the body refs call it an unnatural position. That term literally only means arm out from body when practically applied.

Cutrone's goal should have been disallowed. It wouldn't have gone in without his extended arm directing it in. It's that simple.
Wrong again. Did you write the rules? Are you a referee?

You are jumping to assumptions on that one the rules are written as is and should be interpreted as they are written that is why they rewrite rules form time to time

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes. He did write the rules.
The guy is ridiculous. :lol:

The natural position thing is the most ambiguous statement ever. What's a natural arm position? In moving around, running, etc, the arms constantly move out from the body. For the sport of futbol an unnatural position is interpreted as arm extended out from the body. Players are expected not to handle the ball by keeping arms tight to the body. If they handle with arm extended, it's always whistled if seen.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

The natural position thing is the most ambiguous statement ever. What's a natural arm position? In moving around, running, etc, the arms constantly move out from the body. For the sport of futbol an unnatural position is interpreted as arm extended out from the body. Players are expected not to handle the ball by keeping arms tight to the body. If they handle with arm extended, it's always whistled if seen.
More assumptions on your part stop assuming to suit your opinion

Definition of "natural"

"If you say that it is natural for someone to act in a particular way or for something to happen in that way, you mean that it is reasonable in the circumstances."

In this case it was natural for his arms to be raised to head the ball for balance purposes

- - - Updated - - -

"after seeing the episode countless times, the feeling is that the deviation was carried out with the arm and that, therefore, the network should have been canceled."

He fails to account for the rules and assumes because it touched his arm it's a foul he doens't give any reason to why it's a foul other than it touched his arm and is ignoring the rules

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

It's especially ridiculous because it begs the question which position is unnatural. If your arm is an unnatural position, it is broken. So I guess you can only handle the ball with a broken arm.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
The only way I would agree for it to not be given is it's against the spirit of the game

According to the rules it is not a foul but in the spirit of the game I would understand their point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)