[Seria A] Livorno - Juventus (18 Viewers)

Mozart

F*ck the media
Feb 3, 2006
what a physical match this was..guess it was a practise for the Roma game..:D

well the team as a whole didnt do bad...it was highly physical..they thought we were
arseanl by tryin to base thier play on that style..but it didnt work..:smoke:

MOM..SImply Nedved...the guy was moving back and forward through the midfield
and trezeguet really did his job well...knows when to make those deadly-runs..

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well here is my take on the game.

buffon: made one great save from lucarelli in the begining and made some very good saves as well. Very good game, little by little hes getting back his old self.

Canna: solid as usual but i think he made some mistakes against lucarrelli and one could've led to a goal as i remember correctly. And in livorno's goal i think he was a bit out of position. But he did well against lucarrelli and bakayako when he came in.Overall solid game.

thuram:good game played very well against lucarrelli in the air, but again in the goal he was out of position.But again didnt make big mistakes and played a very well solid game.

Balza:this game wont help the confience of the youg lad, didnt play very well and was very nervous which showed in his game.Lost the ball way too much with his passing and didnt have any of his good runs or crosses.He should just put this game behind him and think abt the future cuz i think its a bright one and his capabilities are much more than that.

zebina:started out well defensively and had a couple of good runs, one of them he passed 3 or 4 players by himself. Then i dont know wat happend to him...and i dont know who told him to try long passes? out of mybe 6 or 7 he got or two right.Hope he didnt injure himself, overall he had a good game, solid defensively.

camo:didnt have the best of games, although he started very well..but then again i dont know wat happend to him, he was a bit frustrated.Hope he does better in the next games, especially the arsenal game.

neddy:he was moving very well,and it showed that cap asked him to cut inside more and he had more of a free rola.Contributed in the first goal and the 2nd.But i expected more from him as there was room on the counter attack that we didnt make us of.But overall he did well and was effective.

emo:he did well in this game but he was more silent than the past games we seen him.I guess he is a bit tired and it showed imo.Didnt lose the ball easily in midfield and tried to dictate the tempo but the game was way too fast as the ball was lost way too much in each end.Overall very good game.

Gianni:MOM imo, he had a great first half, closed down the ball everywhere on the field.And in the second he did that and contributed in the attack, his weaknesses showed in his passing game, his bad pass resulted in a goal, but still i think he had a great game.

Trezi:he was moving a lot in this game, i saw him everywhere in that forward line from wing to wing.Finished off to chances which is wat we expect from him, but i liked the way he moved alot in this game.I saw him signalling to get off the field and i hope he was just tired not injured.

Alex:played very well, nice touches and positioning.However sometimes he just pissed me off cuz he kept the ball in his feet way too much when he should've passed the ball, especially in the counter attacks. Did well on the goal, nice positioning and nice finish.i dont know how he missed that sitter infront of goal from ibra's pass.Sometimes he was a bit frustrated and i think Galante's and Vargas' tough game frustrated him.Overall good game.

Ibra:I think he is doing better and better by each game, he isnt frustrated anymore and its showing in his game.Did well to set up alex infront of an open goal,but again like alex he kept the ball way too much in his feet.Overall average game.

Mutu:He didnt contribute much to the game but he added some pace on the right wing, which we needed cuz our counters were slow and camo didnt have the best of 2nd halfs.Mutu should work more on his defensive game cuz it was that good.Did well to set up alex for the goal, but he messed up some goos counter attacks.

Cap:Did well to set up the mentality of the team, and am guessing he warned them against underestimating livorno.Liked how neddy was given a free role in midfield, and mutu as well.I didnt expect him to field 4-3-3 although i heard somewhere that he was thinking about it.He was right in not opting for as livorno's counter was very good, and one counter resulted in a goal. So overall good game.

the team should've scored more from counters and we should've closed the game early, but overall i dont think we had a very bad game.We did very very well in the first half, but in the 2nd half some player's performances were decreasing.
Overall good result and well worked three goals, especially the first one, it was just pure class.

forzaa juvee

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Livorno 1 - 3 Juventus
Trezeguet 3, 53 (J), Pfertzel 52 (L), Del Piero 92 (J)
Stadio Picchi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Livorno staged a valiant fightback, but a David Trezeguet brace and Alessandro Del Piero strike ensured Juve's 24th win of the season.

The Bianconeri practically ensured the Scudetto with their 0-0 draw against Milan last week and hoped to maintain their run of results against Carlo Mazzone's Livorno. Cristiano Lucarelli is still not 100 per cent fit, but was back after an injury, while Juve were without Gianluca Zambrotta, Patrick Vieira and the suspended Giorgio Chiellini. Emerson pulled up with a sprained ankle in the warm-up, but was able to play with bandaging.

Juventus took the lead after just three minutes. Pavel Nedved's header was touched on by Giuliano Giannichedda for David Trezeguet, whose precise finish with the outside of his right foot went in off the inside of the far post.

Livorno fought back and Gianluigi Buffon flew to palm away a powerful Lucarelli left-foot strike from 20 metres.

From a corner kick, Marc Pfertzel's spectacular volley was wide of the target.

Alessandro Del Piero was furious when the referee waved play on as Jorge Vargas body-checked him to end a mazy run. The Livorno defender did not learn and moments later was booked for hacking him down on a promising counter-attack.

Nedved was also booked for a tactical foul on Giuseppe Colucci as Livorno burst forward on the break.

Del Piero sparked a move with Jonathan Zebina that eventually saw Mauro Camoranesi fire wide of the near post, then the Juve captain chested the ball into the path of Nedved, forcing Marco Amelia to rush out and clear.

Just before the break, Fabio Cannavaro and Buffon did not communicate well and Lucarelli almost took advantage of a defensive error.

After the restart, Del Piero intercepted a poor Vargas pass, but his assist to Trezeguet was in turn blocked off by the Livorno defence.

Instead, it was the Amaranto who equalised on 52 minutes. Lucarelli won back the ball in midfield and allowed Pfertzel to run into space through the centre, placing a low drive into the net with his left foot.

The situation lasted less than 30 seconds before Juventus restored their lead! Trezeguet sprung the offside trap on Nedved's pass and shrugged off a Vargas challenge to fire in from just inside the area.

Lucarelli somehow failed to score moments after that, as Stefano Argilli's glancing header on a corner kick got stuck between the captain's legs and he couldn't react in time to turn it in from seven yards.

Livorno introduced former Everton man Ibrahima Bakayoko for defender Vargas in a more attacking line-up. Adrian Mutu and Zlatan Ibrahimovic replaced Camoranesi and brace hero Trezeguet.

The home side kept pushing and Lucarelli's header from a corner kick was wide of the near post.

The Amaranto also had penalty appeals for an Emerson handling offence waved away, then two defenders closed down Lucarelli as he sprinted into the area.

Buffon made a risky catch on a free kick, plucking it off Lucarelli's head with one hand.

Juventus-owned youngster Raffaele Palladino came on for the final 11 minutes of play, while Zebina limped off with an ankle injury.

Fabio Galante put in a decisive tackle to stop Mutu scoring from nine yards, blocking the low shot with his body.

Ibrahimovic hooked the ball over him with a remarkable first touch, but his low cross-shot was too hard and Del Piero couldn't push it in unmarked at the back post.

The Swede also ballooned over from the edge of the area and Del Piero went close with a curling effort.

The scoreline was sealed in stoppages by a Del Piero angled drive, controlling with his right foot and thumping a low strike in with his left foot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Livorno: Amelia; Grandoni, Vargas (Bakayoko 59), Galante, Pfertzel (Palladino 79), Morrone, Argilli (Cesar Prates 73), Ruotolo, Coco; Colucci; Lucarelli

Juventus: Buffon; Zebina (Pessotto 85), Thuram, Cannavaro, Balzaretti; Camoranesi (Mutu 59), Emerson, Giannichedda, Nedved; Trezeguet (Ibrahimovic 65), Del Piero

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
ThePLaya said:
then why lucarelli got a yellow card while it was a clear corner for him ..don't tell me that cannavaro did not touch it out for a corner ?

So they weren't given a corner?
Damn,that's what i call a robery...you are right,i'm ashamed to be a Juve fan after that:disagree:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Tifoso Lou said:
Thanks a lot (+ rep)

Do these guys do CL, too?
not that i care about this rep stuff, but you gave me -rep. About CL, i dont know, i always see CL games from tv, i tell you save the link and try, but i think if they show, then only home game.(italy)

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
mcrae said:
So they weren't given a corner?
Damn,that's what i call a robery...you are right,i'm ashamed to be a Juve fan after that:disagree:
Funny thing is that it wasn't even a corner - the ball went over the sideline...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Azzurri7 said:
I expected a tough test against a side like Livorno 7th place playing at home and I was right. The game didn't start bad at all as we were dominating the 1st 15min....Playing calmly and attacking in the right way until things went somehow wrong but still we managed to block their Lucarelli and his CO.

They played aggressive, Alex and his company were falling down alot. That was kinda like their plan or something to shut down our counter attacks. We could've done better If the game was little bit cleaner.

Our 2nd half was even tougher, Livorno gave us hard time, thanks to players like Canna and Emerson who are always putting their feet down when needed. Thankfully David's finish managed to put us back on Track.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffon- great save in the first half and good perfoming in general, the goal we conceded wasn't his fault IMO. Was solid in several times. 6

Balza Very weak game by the "young Balza". It's probably the first time I see him playing soo bad. His crosses were bad not to forget his passes and marking his man wasn't good enough, he put us in danger couple of times. 4.5

Cannavaro- Fabio, like usually, solid like a rock...as I said up there he turned the lights off on Luca. No wonder why Luca wasn't happy tonight and mad. good cover and defending from Fabio. 7

Thuram- His first half was good, Solid and marking his man in a good way, however the 2nd half changed as he was a bit shaky and not to forget that he also takes the blame for the goal we conceded. 5.5/6

Zebina- I know lot of you would probably be laughing now at my post but Jonathan is really hard working defender, he may not be up to the likes of Serginho but he's good. The man keeps on running and knows how to play his football. The sad thing is that he keeps on getting Injured. He was a brave man today though he did couple of mistakes. 6

Gianni- I always keep on asking myself, did we really had to sell Appiah and Enzo just to get Gianni??? Not that I'm under-rating the man, but I just see him ahead of the two player I mentioned. However I don't know how Capello thought he was extraordinary tonight as he's to blame for the goal we conceded. however he wasn't that bad but could've done better. 5.5

Emerson- Il Puma...The bodyguards of these defenders we have. The man can be shaky sometimes, but he's always there to prove us wrong. It's rare to see him performing bad. It shows how much he's putting effort for this team. He played good today and was solid. 6

Camoranesi- I've never seen Mauro soo bad like in this match. I was really mad at him as he was trying to dribble mos of the time and Chewing the ball all the time instead of passing and loosing the ball many times including these pathetic passes he gave today. Hope I wont see him like this again. 5

Neddy- MoM...Simply the best player tonight, though lot of you would disagree with me. The man is doing Fantastic job recently. The two goals we scored were from Pavel..Credits should go for him more than Trezeguet. Ppl can call him diver or whatever....he'll always be a Legend in my eyes. 7.5

Del Piero-
Was Brilliant in several times, knew when to get fouls and when to pass, dribbled lot of players tonight. his first half was better than his 2nd..Should've moved faster with the ball in counter attacks but anyhow he recovered that by scoring the 3rd. 6.5/7

Trezeguet- Two goals Two great finishing by the French man. He may not move or do lot of things in the match, but surely his deadly finishing is scary. Thanks for putting us back on track after we conceded. 7
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rab- you saved me a lot of typing !!!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

I agree with everything Rab has stated, and let me add that I feel the reason Neddy did so well, whether it was CapelLOL telling him, OR Neddy just saying "screw you and your tactics", Neddy was in the center of the field, for most of the match. When he wasnt in the center, he was all over the place !! Thats the way Neddy should be played.

I also wasnt too impressed with Gianni...what the hell was CapeLOL watching ??:confused2 :confused2 . He was the cause of our first goal, and only seems a little better than Blasi, when it comes to skill (which isnt saying much). I'm sorry, but Davids and Tacchi are 100% better than Blasi or Gianni, and we should still have those 2 champions in our squad.

Zlatan must be the only professional player in the world who, at 40 yards out and with 2 players wide open to pass to, opts to shoot anyways, missing badly....the guy ISN'T a team player, but is it his fault, or CapeLOL's ???

Zebina made a few runs, but what I remember most is his stupid mistakes, which were flashbacks to his days with Roma....we have to worry enough when Blasi is on the field...you can add Zebina to that list

Balza proved to me last night that he should be a stay at home defender...whenever he moves into the offensive side of the field, he looks lost, and plays like it as well. He is not the second coming of Zamby, thats for sure !!

The other thing I noticed last night, is when Livorno attacked us, and used their speed, they were very dangerous. When we play Arsenal, thats what we are going to see for 90 MINUTES, and judging from how we played last night when Livorno got up the confidence to attack, I feel that when we play Arsenal, Thuram will be run over, Balza will be made to look foolish, Zebina will be forced into mistakes (nothing new there !!), and if Zamby is still injured, the whole of the defense will be left to Canna...and I dont know if he can hold up this whole defense himself, if we are bombarded for 90 minutes

May 4, 2004
Vinman said:
Zlatan must be the only professional player in the world who, at 40 yards out and with 2 players wide open to pass to, opts to shoot anyways, missing badly....the guy ISN'T a team player, but is it his fault, or CapeLOL's ???
Out of all the good stuff that Zlatan did in this match u point out the one and only bad thing that he did !!!! WHY???

This really shows how much hate people got for him here.. and dont tell me now, i dont hate him and blablabla... ITS so easy to see that almost every DEL PIERO lover hates Zlatan..

Thats said, imo Zlatan was one of the best after coming in, he did good, and he almost set up a goal if dp had scored it..

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Ooouch Milan won 4-0 away to Udinese. Thats a big win. Sheva scored twice, Gilardino and Seedorf got their names ont he score sheet as well.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
A fantastic victory. Honestly I feel this was our best game of the entire season. I had a good feeling about the match before hand, but no way did I expect such a perfect display.

Buffon is the best keeper in the world. Marvellous saves. :D

Nice to see Del Piero play an entire game. In my eyes he MUST get some games in Germany this summer.

It was nice to see our reserves on the bench smile. That just goes to prove how balanced and happy our team is.

We've enjoyed a fantastic season so far, scoring in every single match except the latest one vs. Milan. Our destiny this season looks promising. Lo Scudetto is firmly placed in our hands and we've reached the quarterfinals in CL with a rather lucky draw.

So my Juventini friends - enjoy the success!

Ciao

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Vinman said:
Rab- you saved me a lot of typing !!!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

I agree with everything Rab has stated, and let me add that I feel the reason Neddy did so well, whether it was CapelLOL telling him, OR Neddy just saying "screw you and your tactics", Neddy was in the center of the field, for most of the match. When he wasnt in the center, he was all over the place !! Thats the way Neddy should be played.

I also wasnt too impressed with Gianni...what the hell was CapeLOL watching ??:confused2 :confused2 . He was the cause of our first goal, and only seems a little better than Blasi, when it comes to skill (which isnt saying much). I'm sorry, but Davids and Tacchi are 100% better than Blasi or Gianni, and we should still have those 2 champions in our squad.

Zebina made a few runs, but what I remember most is his stupid mistakes, which were flashbacks to his days with Roma....we have to worry enough when Blasi is on the field...you can add Zebina to that list

Balza proved to me last night that he should be a stay at home defender...whenever he moves into the offensive side of the field, he looks lost, and plays like it as well. He is not the second coming of Zamby, thats for sure !!

The other thing I noticed last night, is when Livorno attacked us, and used their speed, they were very dangerous. When we play Arsenal, thats what we are going to see for 90 MINUTES, and judging from how we played last night when Livorno got up the confidence to attack, I feel that when we play Arsenal, Thuram will be run over, Balza will be made to look foolish, Zebina will be forced into mistakes (nothing new there !!), and if Zamby is still injured, the whole of the defense will be left to Canna...and I dont know if he can hold up this whole defense himself, if we are bombarded for 90 minutes
i respect ur opinion, but i think ur "disagreements" abt juve's tactics , players or watever has blinded u.

And why do u always point out the negatives.

How come its cap's fault that zlatan doesnt pass the ball ? or ur just looking for scapegoat for all of juve's problems. And abt ibra , didnt pass a perfect ball for alex infront of goal and alex missed it ? u just conveintly forgot that

and i really think gianni had his best game of the season, and zebina played veryy well. Balza had an off day and happens to the best of us.
how come u didnt talk abt camo's bad game?

and plzz dont compare livorno to arsenal, livorno close down the ball all over the field with tight man marking and they are a very physical team.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I dont think Ibra will ever get love from certain sectors of Juventini. What I really wanna know is do these people not like him coz of one of ( or some other off) :
- 1)He is off form
- 2)He plays with no spirit and is selfish
- 3)He is chosen by CAPELLO to start

Here's my opinion:

If it's 1), then that's really unfair coz every player has a rough period, even the best
If it's 2) then I would'nt understand how he would lead the Serie A assist upto week 21, leading it with Kaka in 2nd i.e b4 his poor form
If it's 3),well, that just aint his decision to be in the starting XI

All in all, my opinon is that it is'nt fair 2 want him off the team coz of poor form. What then excuses other players from such fan wrath when they r experiencing their own dip in form? I just feel theres an unjustified prejudicial element toward him in this respect. What worries me is how he is still started when he is off-form. That I dont agree with for the benefit of the TEAM. But I would really question someone who told me he has never done just that in his almost 2 seasons with us.Definately not always - just like any other player..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)