Sergio Agüero - ST - Atletico Madrid (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i m actually not upset at missing out on him per se, but rather the manner, which only tells me marotta will never get anyone of significance here.
takes two to tango. You know that.

Aguero wasn't coming unless he was going to get seriously paid.

If a player is not in any European Competitions at all, then you bet your sweet ass that they want to be compensated for it in ohter ways

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
And man city could also afford to give him a ridiculous amount of money in salary, which was something that Juve wasn't going to do.

And I find it funny that people think that Marotta has carte blanche in regards to the player salaries.

That's pretty fucking laughable.

He has higher ups to report to
the salary equation once again cannot come into play, as man city will always have to dramatically overpay.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
the salary equation once again cannot come into play, as man city will always have to dramatically overpay.
Please tell me how it cannot come into play, since that is an important a component in transfer negotiations as actually agreeing to a transfer fee

and if a team like Man City has to overpay, then what does a team like Juventus have to do in that case?

take out a loan against the stadium to pay aguero's wages?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
takes two to tango. You know that.

Aguero wasn't coming unless he was going to get seriously paid.

If a player is not in any European Competitions at all, then you bet your sweet ass that they want to be compensated for it in ohter ways
completely agree, but i think we had it in us to give him 7-8 mil a year, anyhoos its not so much the player but rather the manner

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Alright, its over, screw ManShitty and forget Aguero!!! Lets see who else we could get before the end of the transfer window and make the best of it.

Time to change the avatar as well! bye bye Kun!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
because thats the only thing man city has going for them? How else would you convince any player to join that circus? so as a point of reference it is a bad one.
So a team like Manchester City, who finished 3rd in the EPL last year, and is going to the CL is a circus.

There are a lot of players out there who would like to dress up as a clown to be in that circus

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
From what I underswtand, he is getting at least 10 million per year at Man City
there is no confirmation of the terms yet, actually the deal itself isn't confirmed yet but yesterday there was a mention of the fee being 43 mil and his salary almost 1 mil/month.

All in all, Juve never had a chance in this unless Atl. Mad were stupid enough to sell their prized asset to the first bid they got, very early in the summer ... and no one is that stupid these days.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
you re speculating about salary while the glaring fact of our offer to madrid was some silly joke of 32 plus tiago(who basically cost nothing at then end)
All I'm saying that even if we made a 40m offer to Atletico and some 8m offer to Aguero, I am not sure that Aguero was gonna accept it immediately without waiting for some other offers.

I mean, if I was Aguero's agent I was gonna call City and Real and tell them everything about Juve's offer and check how interested they are in my client.

The way Marotta operated though is another story.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If you want to win you have to be able to pay some players 7-8 million. If we can't..well then we'll never be the team we were pre calciopoli or as good as the Milan teams. Thats football today. Milan, Real, United, Inter, Real, Barca and chelsea all pay those fogures to one or multiple players.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
All I'm saying that even if we made a 40m offer to Atletico and some 8m offer to Aguero, I am not sure that Aguero was gonna accept it immediately without waiting for some other offers.

I mean, if I was Aguero's agent I was gonna call City and Real and tell them everything about Juve's offer and check how interested they are in my client.

The way Marotta operated though is another story.
Has anyone stopped and thought for a moment that the bid that was made, if that is indeed the bid, was the most that Juve were going to fiscally allow themselves to bid for him?

Nobody knows exactly how much they have for a trasnfer budget this year, and nor should anyone know to be honest. The last thing you would want to do is come out and say the "We have XX amount of money for our budget this year", because every team that you are trying to do business with will attempt to get as much of a piece of that pie as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)