Sergio Agüero - ST - Atletico Madrid (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
All I'm saying that even if we made a 40m offer to Atletico and some 8m offer to Aguero, I am not sure that Aguero was gonna accept it immediately without waiting for some other offers.

I mean, if I was Aguero's agent I was gonna call City and Real and tell them everything about Juve's offer and check how interested they are in my client.

The way Marotta operated though is another story.
exactly at least then all blame would be on man city and their spending ways, but from our "we wont enter any bidding wars" comment i think it was more on our beloved director. whats next? madrid rejects? a higuain/marcelo tandem?

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If you want to win you have to be able to pay some players 7-8 million. If we can't..well then we'll never be the team we were pre calciopoli or as good as the Milan teams. Thats football today. Milan, Real, United, Inter, Real, Barca and chelsea all pay those fogures to one or multiple players.
While I agree with you that Juve will have to pay some of these players in the range of 7-8 million per year in salary, there is one other item that must be figured into this equation, and as of right now, it is a variable.

The revenue generated from the stadium.

Those other teams that you mentioned (Real is so rich that you had to mention them twice, apprently :D), already know what their revenue is going to be from their stadiums, even if they don't own them. Those are hard line numbers that they have.

Juventus is still operating under a business model where they are using the Stadio Olimpico revenue that was generated when factoring in their budget.

Just because they have a new stadium does not mean that they are going to be flush with cash prior to the stadium even opening.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
If you want to win you have to be able to pay some players 7-8 million. If we can't..well then we'll never be the team we were pre calciopoli or as good as the Milan teams. Thats football today. Milan, Real, United, Inter, Real, Barca and chelsea all pay those fogures to one or multiple players.
^ gets it!

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Has anyone stopped and thought for a moment that the bid that was made, if that is indeed the bid, was the most that Juve were going to fiscally allow themselves to bid for him?

Nobody knows exactly how much they have for a trasnfer budget this year, and nor should anyone know to be honest. The last thing you would want to do is come out and say the "We have XX amount of money for our budget this year", because every team that you are trying to do business with will attempt to get as much of a piece of that pie as possible
I did that :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The most annoying thing that way back in June when we were heavily linked and we were probably the only serious side, we messed up our chances by opening negotiations instead of just buying the player. We could have paid the release fee, agreed terms with Agüero and sealed the deal even before Copa started, but no, Marotta offered 30 Million + Motta, that's like offering 22 Million.

Jul 1, 2010
The most annoying thing that way back in June when we were heavily linked and we were probably the only serious side, we messed up our chances by opening negotiations instead of just buying the player. We could have paid the release fee, agreed terms with Agüero and sealed the deal even before Copa started, but no, Marotta offered 30 Million + Motta, that's like offering 22 Million.
More like 5 millions.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Its not that easy, Aguero would have probably wanted to wait or other clubs might have made their moves more quickly. As someone said, I'm sure Aguero's agent is talking to all the clubs and telling them what the offers are.

Apr 29, 2006
While I agree with you that Juve will have to pay some of these players in the range of 7-8 million per year in salary, there is one other item that must be figured into this equation, and as of right now, it is a variable.

The revenue generated from the stadium.

Those other teams that you mentioned (Real is so rich that you had to mention them twice, apprently :D), already know what their revenue is going to be from their stadiums, even if they don't own them. Those are hard line numbers that they have.

Juventus is still operating under a business model where they are using the Stadio Olimpico revenue that was generated when factoring in their budget.

Just because they have a new stadium does not mean that they are going to be flush with cash prior to the stadium even opening.
Not only that, but the sponsorship deals will play a huge factor into the equation. Historically with Juve - they would be more important than the revenue from tickets, specifically. Now both tickets/stadium shops and sponsors are very dependent on the competitions, performance and famous players in the squad. Teams have been measuring and using the 'recharge' factor within their fan bases, but we are into a steep and continuous decline...Projected values on all kinds of income are shrinking in our financial statements. Can we afford it? If Aguero is the difference for CL qualification - then the money asked for him could turn out to be peanuts on the overall scheme of FFP implementation.

Killkone

Jun 30, 2011
Rami, in what way has marotta failed this mercato.. He´s signed Pirlo, Lich Vidal and Ziegler and three of those are really good players! We´ve still got time to make big signings. Dont be so pessimistic just because we lost Kun to those oilboys..

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
but that's assuming you could afford paying 45 mil and 7-8 mil in salary, Jack

after all, no one here knows the real situation with Juve's budget other than whatever speculations came out in the papers.

it could well be that those 72 mil turned into 40-50 mil after paying installments fro past deals ... it's anybody's guess really

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Rami, in what way has marotta failed this mercato.. He´s signed Pirlo, Lich Vidal and Ziegler and three of those are really good players! We´ve still got time to make big signings. Dont be so pessimistic just because we lost Kun to those oilboys..
He confessed that Vidal's will played a huge role im coming to Juve. The same about Licht. Ziegler was free, so was Pirlo who we hadn't any competition for his signature.
Loaning Melo where we had still enough time in the mercato, releasing Tiago for free...
Is that enough???

Killkone

Jun 30, 2011
Btw acmilan, that two headed eagle implemented in your milan logo bugs me. It reminds me of Russia, maybe you´re tryin to point out Berlusconi runs that shit like Russia is being.

Rami, so you aint givin any respect to Marotta for signing these players. Only when he signs a player that wouldnt like to play for Juve?

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Rami, so you aint givin any respect to Marotta for signing these players. Only when he signs a player that wouldnt like to play for Juve?
What he did can be done by any sport director (except secco :D)... to attract an unusual player is where the credit is due...
And no, I'm not referring to Kun.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
True, hope you dont take my cheesy joke to seriosly :)

So how much losses did City make last year, i mean how the fuck can they follow the FFP the following years? I know the´ll make dough with CL, but it just cant be enough
A scam stadium sponsorship deal is their plan.

Time will tell if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)