Sergio Agüero - ST - Atletico Madrid (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He had a chance to close the deal for like 2-3 weeks, when Madrid weren't clearly interested and wanted to sign Neymar, before Tevez even wanted to leave Man city, but Marotta offered 32million + Tiago, who later joined that same team for 0 euros. Aguero's release clause is 45million, offering 32million + Tiago was a poor, poor move:sergio: So yes Marotta did waste a chance to sign Kun, and decided to go for Rossi, which he now can't even close a deal for an average player, know else wants, whatever way you evaluate it, Marotta sucks - big time.
There was no way that Atletico madrid were only going to listen to ONE offer for Aguero. Financial suicide on their part if they took the first offer that came along. Aguero's value is inflated because the market isn't as strong this year as in the past.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ribery

Jul 24, 2011
We failed to get Aguero, wich top player we can get and don't tell me Rossi because he isn't .
And if you are counting on the likes of Vargas, Vucinic, and Rossi to save us form being mediocre again you are delusional, we need top players and it seems we aren't getting any so 7th place :weee:
Totally agree. These people are imbeciles. And conte is hardly a Mourinho, i.e. world class coach, hell he ain't even a proven coach no level.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Theoretically which would be the best solution then? Neither Rossi 'nor Kun is coming and let's put Vucinic a side for a moment. Are there any other reasonable acquisitions? (Please don't say Gila)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Are you failing at reading what you're quoting ? I said Aguero is the best target we can get, but not the best player.
If we want to get the best target who in this case is Aguero, you must pay because as a team we aren't in a place where you can attract top players and expect them to refuse other team offers and take paycuts just to play for you, we aren't competing for anything, our squad is mediocre , our season was a disastre.
How are we planning to get those top players not just Aguero who wil lift us and help us be great again. We should pay but we don"t want to and we'll look for some cheap alternatives like last year and we'll fail again .

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
If we want to get the best target who in this case is Aguero, you must pay because as a team we aren't a place where you can attract top players and expect them to refuse other team offers and take paycuts just to play for you, we aren't competing for anything, our squad is mediocre , our season was a disaste.
How are we planning to get those top players not just Aguero who wil lift us and help us be great again. We should pay but we don"t want to and we'll look for some cheap alternatives like last year and we'll fail again .
I hardly understood your post, but do you honestly believe Aguero is worth 10 million a year ? I don't think anyone in this board agrees with that.

He isnt taking a pay cut, Mancity offered a ridiculous salary, that's it.

ribery

Jul 24, 2011
There was no way that Atletico madrid were only going to listen to ONE offer for Aguero. Financial suicide on their part if they took the first offer that came along. Aguero's value is inflated because the market isn't as strong this year as in the past.
Offering 32million + Tiago is flop move, you think ATM were ever going to accept that, this was probably the reason Aguero was smilling when asked about us in that press conference during the Coppa America:lol: Why make an offer at all if that is the kind of pathetic bid you are going to make? utterly clueless. Fact is we could have signed Aguero, before everyone else like City got involved, period. And Marotta sucks, hard - cannot deny.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
You want the best you must pay, Oh or we are expecting him to leave 4mil on the table evey year to come play for a 7th place team in Serie A.
We had no leverage we should pay no one is taking a paycut to play for us.
do u relly feel comfortable with us paying that absurd salary + bonuses + taxes? i agree we must 'show the money' but come on man that is ridiculous..let the clubs with the arabian sugar daddies do that...aguero is a great player yes but when u think about what the team needs as a whole (defenders, midfielders, backups, conte hair implants) that money is not worth the investment for a striker...we aint got that kinda money..

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
If we paid the buyout close they were going to sell to us but Marotta thought that an offer of 32mil and tiago was enough :sergio:
I hardly understood your post, but do you honestly believe Aguero is worth 10 million a year ? I don't think anyone in this board agrees with that.
He isnt taking a pay cut, Mancity offered a ridiculous salary, that's it.
No player is worth 10mil bar Messi if you go by that logic but for you to attract top players you should pay them huge wages so they can chose to play for you.
Inter is paying etoo, Milan with Zlatan, Aguero was getting near 6mil in ATM .
I don't know what's Marotta's plan to attract those kind of players if he's unwilling to pay them wages and he's unwilling to present great offers to their teams .

ribery

Jul 24, 2011
Theoretically which would be the best solution then? Neither Rossi 'nor Kun is coming and let's put Vucinic a side for a moment. Are there any other reasonable acquisitions? (Please don't say Gila)
There's always are top players to sign

Jovetic - quality, potenial world class SS

Hazard - Again, quality LM/LW, potenial world class player, and please mr.Zacheryah, don't say they rejected 40million:lol::sergio: from the bogey man:lol: because they are waiting to sell him for 200million:lol:

Either one of these player would be top quality signings, both are far, far better prospects than greaseball grossi

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
Even if we have the money, Aguero is not the kinda player to lift teams on his shoulders :/ as evident by Argentina and Atletico. So yeah I'm not gonna fucking pay him all this money, He's a great striker though.

Inter is paying etoo, Milan with Zlatan, Aguero was getting near 6mil in ATM .
I'm sorry but are you saying Aguero is equal to those players?

ribery

Jul 24, 2011
do u relly feel comfortable with us paying that absurd salary + bonuses + taxes? i agree we must 'show the money' but come on man that is ridiculous..let the clubs with the arabian sugar daddies do that...aguero is a great player yes but when u think about what the team needs as a whole (defenders, midfielders, backups, conte hair implants) that money is not worth the investment for a striker...we aint got that kinda money..
Lol

What have we exactly signed for the last fives years? it's like people here get nose bleeds whenever the price of top players wages, etc get mentioned, fact is i'd rather spend big on quality than utter cow shit, 45milllion for aguero is nothing, when you consider the amount of money the club has spent on players that are not fit to clean aguero's football boots

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
So why didn't Man City pay the full 45 million then?

Because, in the end, it was about Aguero's Salary. Nothing more, nothing less.
Exactly. It isn't Atlético Madrid's demands that stands in the way of us signing Agüero. It's the lack Champions League football and especially the salary City can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)