Serbian Under-21 International Captain: Branislav Ivanovic (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I don't even want to look at Chelsea's official site. :cry:

Go for Zapata!!!

We'll end up with Mellberg and if we're lucky...Ujfalusi.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
soo good that we have so much worldclass defender we don't need any defender lets sign some midfielders and strikers around 20 mil.
secco is so stupid....

so barzagli is the last one he :D

this is why i love our transfer policy...every day we hear how close we r to sign someone and in the end we get no one and end up with a 4235 choice player

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
While this is a kick in the nuts... the upside is, it means Chelsea is likely going to sell one of their better defenders, and it looks like Bridge or Ferreira.

We need a LB more than a CB, and this could be the way to snag a decent one at an affordable price.

Who knows, maybe Juventus withdrew their bid to let Chelsea grab him in exchange for an option on whoever they sell.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
Pasqual or Lahm for Left-back.

PS: Lahm has only 18 months left on his contract and it would take around €10 million euros to get him. Bad this is that Barca are also interested in him.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
soo good that we have so much worldclass defender we don't need any defender lets sign some midfielders and strikers around 20 mil.
secco is so stupid....

so barzagli is the last one he :D

this is why i love our transfer policy...every day we hear how close we r to sign someone and in the end we get no one and end up with a 4235 choice player
and Ranieri will come up with something like we wanted Ivanovic but we got Barzagli instead when that player doesnt perform.

Jul 24, 2006
Pasqual or Lahm for Left-back.

PS: Lahm has only 18 months left on his contract and it would take around €10 million euros to get him. Bad this is that Barca are also interested in him.
Man Utd have been linked with him a great deal also, Lahm is in a higher financial tier than we can look right now IMO but he would be great for sure.

PS. Udinese have claimed they are starting a new cycle and therefore not looking to sell their stars. Didn't realize Zapata is only 21.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Hold on, that link quotes The Sun, the biggest load of shite ever.
Agreed. Althought it seems Ivanovic is closer to Chelsea than Juventus I would rather wait for a link from a source that has some kind of reputation.

Besides, what is all this fuss about Ivanovic? He isn't going to be immediately world class, he is a young player still. That is ok for Chelsea as they can play him when they want as they already have top class defenders, we don't, we need at least one top quality defender now so we have even the slightest chance of the scudetto next season and to compete in the CL. Ivanovic might turn out to be a world class defender but we have to live in the now. It's Ivanovic plus an established top class defender or that defender on his own, not Ivanovic on his own. At least that is how I see it.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
here is interesting link from sky sport uk.(original news on Gazzetta Dello Sport)
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3022013,00.html

among other stuff Gigli said "At the moment we are focused on signing players who will be free agents.

"We need a few more players who are available for a free transfer. Mellberg, [Tomas] Ujfalusi? We are following them but they are not the only players we are interested in."

Gigli also declared that Juventus were hoping to sign Dutch international Rafael van der Vaart.

Van der Vaart is believed to be considering his future at Hamburg and has previously admitted he would be interested in a move to Juventus.

"Van der Vaart is one of many players that we are observing," added Gigli.

"We like him very much but at the moment we prefer to sign players who cost nothing."

OP
A͎u͎s͎h͎
Jul 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #638
    We already have been linked, remember the Werder freetransfer's that we were linked with half their squad, the best coup is: Ujfaulsi. He would really beef up our squad and quality, and Neddy likes it Czech.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    I know, but still it's kinda pathetic to say that we are looking for free agents and than we might sign someone for money...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)